PDA

View Full Version : What type of music do you like?

electric_head
01-29-2004, 04:53 AM
I like to tip the DJ when I'm in a club to hear music I like. I into Korn,Zombie,Manson,Ozzy. Also like Hardcore(Hatebreed,Poison The Well) but you just dont hear much in a club. ;D

Jay Zeno
02-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Oh, just the usual stuff... Pink Floyd ... Wolfgang's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik .... Scorpions .... The Who, from Quadrophenia and before ... Billie Holiday.... Outlaws ... Ludwig's Ninth ... U2 ... Emerson Lake & Palmer, pre-Works ... debut album by Boston ... Brian Setzer ... and so on.

I'm showing my age.

I don't go to strip clubs for music.

Lilith
02-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Wolfgang's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

I always thought that was Tchaikovsky.

Y'know. That's a helluvan idea. *muses on the dancability of Nightmare on Bald Mountain...*

Jay Zeno
02-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Nope, it was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, honest.

"Night on Bald Mountain" was Mussorgsky. It would be dynamite for a dance. So would some of the "Nutcracker" (ha, ha) songs from Tchaikovsky. So would "Rodeo" by Copeland (the "beef - it's what's for dinner" commercial music).

A whole set done to classical music. I like it.

FBR
02-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Theres really not a whole lot of music I dont like. When Im driving I like to listen to 50's and 60's stuff cause I know many of the songs word for word and can sing along (Yes that dorky guy in the black Escalade singing is me 8)) Some country works for me too...my roots are KY remember. I especially like the Mavericks and
Shanya. Gotta admire that country shit for drama..almost as good as SC's LOL On the opposite end of the spectrum lay some Villiage People on me and Im out there dancing and doing the YMCA hand motions over your head thingee LOL Especially if Im buzzed and at a wedding reception. And who could forget KC and the Sunshine Band? Hes getting older and overweight now, but KC can get the audience moving..Thats the way..uh huh..uh huh..I like it ;D Some of the new quasi rap/soul stuff is good too. I honestly dont know many of the artists names but sometimes I just tune in and listen. Especially after my kid has been driving the Esc and has all the radio stations screwed up LOL I guess my all time favorite never get tired of them band is the Beatles. Although as I listen to their early stuff I realize to an extent it was a rip off of many of the unknown and not so unknown artists of the time, they somehow put it together in a new fresh way. Those were exciting times..back in the early 60's. We all used to argue who was the best, the Beatles or the Dave Clark Five LOL DUH! I have everyone of their albums and pretty much know all the words by heart except where they were recording Satanic shit backwards during their druggie days LOL I can only relate to that when Im drunk.

FBR

Moneywise
02-04-2004, 05:52 AM
When in the SC I'm strictly into the "booty" music. Lil Jon, TI, Ying Yang Twins, Juvenile, UNLV, Youngbloodz, Luda, and a few others along those lines. I do like the occasional Beyonce tossed in (Signs is an incredible song) and still love hearing Montell Jordan's classic Let's Ride.

NVJosh
02-19-2004, 01:44 PM
In general I listen to a lot of jazz. I also like country and oldies, plus some classic rock. 95% of new music is crap to me, IMO its really declined over the last 5-10 years as many artists let technology do all the hard work.

Blade
02-19-2004, 03:31 PM
When I'm not playing whatever the dancers cry for, I listen to "real"punk,old school metal,goth metal and classic rock

DancerTiffany
02-29-2004, 10:51 PM
When I'm not at work I listen to r&b or rap but when I'm at work I always dance to rock and I like listening to older rock songs.

GoldCoastGirl
03-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Not at work: whatever suits my mood at the time (EXCEPT country and western... :yuck: ).

At work, The Prodigy (yes, I've even danced to Smack My Bitch Up at one time in my ex-club)... a couple of Prince songs.. anything from the 1992-1999 period... yup.. I'm stuck in the Ninties with my music tastes.. oh dear *sigh*

blondhottie
03-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I like a little bit of everything. I like hip hop and rap, but I don't play it much at work because most of the customers don't want to hear it. Right now some of my favorite musicians/groups are Linkin Park, Nickelback, Godsmack, Staind, AC/DC, Evanescence, Lil Jon, Chingy, and Tom Petty. I don't usually like Britney Spears' music, but I like her new song "Toxic." So as you can see, I like a wide variety of music.

Moneywise
04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
The new Usher album is hot. Elephant man has a new one out called "Jook Gal". Check it out.

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Not really SC music, but I just found out about LaCuna Coil. Good stuff.

SpursFan
05-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Almost anything for me but country music - just doesn't seem right.

Anything off of the Enigma would get my vote for sensual dances.

SF

JimLovesJazz
05-25-2004, 05:58 PM
As my screen name says it all Jim loves jazz ;) But I also like really enjoy blues( ofcourse) and classic rock.

In addition to that I like some pop, latin and even some techno.

It all depends on the quality of the song itself and ofcouse the artist performing it.

Some of my latest favorites are Hey Mama by the Black Eyed Peas and One Thing by Finger Eleven.