PDA

View Full Version : Little things !!

EvilCyn
03-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Don't ever let someone tell you little thing don't count.

I ended up working an open to close double bartending last week because the day shift girl called off..
I am a money hungry bitch so yes I'll take the double shift..
So anyway, our scummy little bar doesn't have food so I ask if I may call thee other night bartender to bring me something into eat....
A customer who was in, and very fond of when I am behind the bar out of the kindness of his heart.
(I never whine or complain in front of customers so I never have anything nice done for me)
buys me a full prime rib dinner from a nice restraunt down the street from us........Picked it up and everything for me...

I was about moved to tears, I always see the drunk dumbasses who whine about everything have customers do things for them, and I think to myself why do I try to do my job well when crack mama just got a $ 100.00 tip ....
So to me my prime rib dinner made my week, and made me feel at least someone notices what a damn good bartender I am ..............

Licks Cyn

Malibu
03-01-2004, 08:26 AM
:'( *sob*. that is so lovely. What a beautiful story.

Kind gestures like that always move me to tears. Then I always get the looks and "But it is only a *insert kind gesture/item name here*. It was nothing!" but they don't know how it makes you feel! I'm glad it made your day. Spread the love vibes! :goodvibes:

SportsWriter2
03-01-2004, 09:40 AM
It's the thoughtful acts of kindness that make a friendship beautiful. Money can never replace that.... You made my day/week/month again, Cyn.

britfreak2
03-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Heh, That's quite interesting. Everytime I head out to the club. I always give my ATF a call and see what she wants to eat. For awhile there I always see her ordering food when the bouncer comes around taking orders from them. But, now I usually either bring something for her or she'll eat my left overs. Now she doesn't have to wait an hour to get her food. I usually bring it.

polecat
03-02-2004, 09:06 AM
This stuff goes both ways.. the little things really DO have the biggest impact.. and bring a much more human connection to an otherwise empty and lifeless experience.

As people, we get the warm and fuzzies when other's have put us under consideration and done something for us, no matter how small.

yoda57us
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
The "crack mama's" are selling their soles for a tip and the guys who fall for the whinning are thinking with their crotches not their hearts. A nice guy did something special for you. It may be that your a great bartender or it may just be that the guy likes you and enjoys your company when he is at the club. I have a favorite bartender that I go to visit on a night when none of my favs are working just to say hello and spend a few minutes with her.

EvilCyn
03-03-2004, 07:54 AM
yoda baby thanks......... I am sitting here thinking about finding a new club to dance at........ I will keep my bartending shifts in the hole that I am at because the money is good behind the bar there, just such a low level of a club..... I can't even bring myself to dance there anymore at all....

It was nice to hear that others have a fav bartender out there, I am a better bartender then I am dancer because I am not a hustler just have a love of dancing and showing off ...LOL

Licks Cyn

yoda57us
03-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Cyn: Shucks! :goodvibes: