PDA

View Full Version : The covert art that is SS

Moneywise
03-02-2004, 05:25 PM
How can you tell the difference between genuine thoughts and high level SS? ??? Is SS an undeciperable code? When she says that one thing that makes you show the pearly whites how can you tell she isn't just simply setting up a a bill payment? ::)

FBR
03-02-2004, 05:40 PM
MW I assume it is all SS. That doesnt mean Im not entertained by it though. Miss B was laying some good stuff on me tonight as a matter of fact. I know it was in an attempt to reel me back in but it was fun ;D

FBR

mr_punk
03-02-2004, 06:16 PM
How can you tell the difference between genuine thoughts and high level SS?if her lips are moving, it&#039;s SS. <drumroll> thanks folks. you been a great crowd tonight. :wave:

doc-catfish
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
if her lips are moving, it&#039;s SS. <drumroll> thanks folks. you been a great crowd tonight. :wave:

That point taken, some of the most effective SS ever used on me had nothing to do with lips, at least not the ones on her face.

SportsWriter2
03-02-2004, 06:54 PM
So the revised theorem would be: If anything is moving, it&#039;s SS.

danhunt
03-02-2004, 09:05 PM
But it awfully fun to see how far you can take SS. Especially when they start to contradict themselves.

fishnet
03-02-2004, 09:40 PM
How can you tell the difference between genuine thoughts and high level SS?if her lips are moving, it&#039;s SS. <drumroll> thanks folks. you been a great crowd tonight. :wave:

Hey Mr. P...I hate to burst your bubble...Lilith met her current live in bf at the club. There are exceptions to every rule! ;D Lilith, at what point did the SS cease and business become pleasure? Time to end this apparent group think. ;)

Lilith
03-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I don&#039;t know that it was ever SS, Fish. I won&#039;t waste my energy by lying (which is what I assume the traditional definition of SS is) to a customer. Either I like you and I tell you so, or I don&#039;t like you and I put up with you until I can get rid of you. If I want to date a customer then I won&#039;t muck around with that either, I&#039;ll just straight out ask if I can have your number or if you might be free for a movie next Saturday. Perhaps I am not quite so Machavellian as the strippers you all seem to know.

But whether I am just another stripper full of SS would depend upon the definition, natch. I&#039;ve had compliments given here in chat met with "Awww, that&#039;s just a bunch of SS." Some would maintain that no matter what I said or did, it was some level of SS, so I might as well save my breath.

fishnet
03-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Some would maintain that no matter what I said or did, it was some level of SS, so I might as well save my breath.

Not true! :( Most of the ladies posting here are speaking there mind. Using SS in cyberspace is of no benefit. They can&#039;t profit from it. :P Few of us live close to most of the dancer&#039;s home club.

SportsWriter2
03-03-2004, 05:53 AM
The general problem is that you can never know what&#039;s real in fantasyland.... My ATF always sounded spontaneous during the six months she was dancing. Eight months after leaving, she sounds exactly the same, and it&#039;s not about money at all.

NikkiD
03-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Honestly, I do lie to my customers to try to help their fantasy in order to make more money.
I&#039;m sorry, just being honest.

Moneywise
03-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Of course you do Nikki. That&#039;s called enhancing your earning potential. ;D (AKA smart business sense)

However, have you ever run across a "customer" that kinda sparked your interest? If so, did the SS still flow as usual or was it immediately out the window and on to actual probing conversation?

EvilCyn
03-03-2004, 07:58 AM
This is whay I am a better bartender then dancer, I am so bad with the SS........ I can&#039;t pull it off to save my life ........
I love to dance, will bounce all over your dick, and give ya the sexiest best dance I can, but I suck at the hustle SS ...

Its that Karma thing for me, If I send out a bunch of shit, it is just all gonna come back to me someday.........

Licks Cyn

doc-catfish
03-03-2004, 01:26 PM
I don&#039;t know that it was ever SS, Fish. I won&#039;t waste my energy by lying (which is what I assume the traditional definition of SS is) to a customer.

It seems we&#039;re having some misunderstanding of what the definition of SS is. So what say we go to the source:

http://www.zbone.com/zone/glossary.htm

Stripper Shit (Dunk On You) -

Teasing methods to induce arousal and cash spewing. Stripper shit includes things like rubbing her leg on yours, fingernails running up and down your leg very gently, crossing her legs so the top leg is on top of yours, standing next to you and partially straddling your leg, etc. PLs enjoy stripper shit.

Notice that there&#039;s nothing in that definition that in any way to hints to lying.

In effect, SS is merely another term for what the civilian world would call manipulation. Manipulation can be either benign, or it can be malicious. Much of what is described in that definition is benign and is precisely the kind of thing some customers want in a strip club experience, this PL included. There is absolutely nothing sinister about it. All successful dancers do such things, and there&#039;s no need for any of them to apoligize for it.

On the other hand, malicious manipulation is where a dancer makes false promises of sex/relationship/etc. or make up sob stories in order to milk some PL&#039;s bank account or get outside club extravagancies from him, (and I don&#039;t mean an after shift breakfast at IHOP). For example, anyone remember this oldie but goodie from the SW archives (http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/index.php/stripperweb/off-topic/chat/t902.html).

In short, benign SS - GOOD, malicious SS - BAD (same thing applies to CS). While none of us are perfect, one of reasonable sensibilities ought to have enough conscience within them to know whether they&#039;ve crossed that line or not.

Perhaps I am not quite so Machavellian as the strippers you all seem to know.

You&#039;re not, and thats a good thing. Someone apparently taught you the golden rule. You&#039;ve made it clear in your postings that you stick by your ethical boundaries and won&#039;t trade them for some short term material "windfall". I&#039;m just shocked at the number of women (not just dancers) that I&#039;ve met that seemingly have no scruples, and will stoop to anything to milk every dollar out of a guy that they can get, and to hell with the consequences.

EvilCyn
03-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Now see I don&#039;t see that as Stripper Shit, to me that is just doing your job well.......
If I don&#039;t do things that turn you on then I am failing to do my job...
I have always thought of Stipper shit, as extending the truth to lead someone on, or as in the case of where I work
" some one stole all my money out of my locker"
" I have to make my rent or have no where to live"
I guess its how you look at it......

I do my job honestly, you would think I am about ready to bust one while I dance for you, (I do enjoy giving someone a hard on LOL) because I do enjoy giving dances, but I just don&#039;t play the head games that alot of them play !!!

Licks Cyn

Lilith
03-03-2004, 03:22 PM
It seems we&#039;re having some misunderstanding of what the definition of SS is. So what say we go to the source:

http://www.zbone.com/zone/glossary.htm

Stripper Shit (Dunk On You) -

Teasing methods to induce arousal and cash spewing. Stripper shit includes things like rubbing her leg on yours, fingernails running up and down your leg very gently, crossing her legs so the top leg is on top of yours, standing next to you and partially straddling your leg, etc. PLs enjoy stripper shit.

Ahhhh, I understand. I thought this was "alternative mileage" (dunno who thought that term up, but it applies to me quite well). I&#039;ve got this personal space issue; I&#039;ll shake hands and maybe scratch your back absently while we converse, but otherwise maintain personal space while talking to customers. If I am looking for new prey in the crowd, I&#039;ll occasionally make eye contact and pinch an ass or two as I walk by. Stage tippers get a peck behind the ear or a nibble on the ear and a purr, depending upon what is called for.

Naturally, I unleash the alternative mileage the moment we get to VIP; throat nibbles, tongue on the ear lobe, neck massages, digging my nails into thighs and lower back, etc etc. The contrast makes a customer&#039;s eyes pop out of their head. So this sort of SS would be my VIP trademark, one could say.

On the other hand, malicious manipulation is where a dancer makes false promises of sex/relationship/etc. or make up sob stories in order to milk some PL&#039;s bank account or get outside club extravagancies from him, (and I don&#039;t mean an after shift breakfast at IHOP).

In my opinion, strippers only resort to this when they have poor hustling skills. I&#039;ve never done it and I&#039;ve never needed to. It&#039;s unprofessional.

You&#039;ve made it clear in your postings that you stick by your ethical boundaries and won&#039;t trade them for some short term material "windfall". I&#039;m just shocked at the number of women (not just dancers) that I&#039;ve met that seemingly have no scruples, and will stoop to anything to milk every dollar out of a guy that they can get, and to hell with the consequences.

Even if ethics weren&#039;t motive enough, economics would be. Long-term money is more lucrative than short-term money.

So how did the definition of SS descend to a mere compliment? It still baffles me that a Junkie thought I was flipping them SS by paying a compliment in chat.

yoda57us
03-03-2004, 03:45 PM
You simply have no way to know what is fact and what is fiction as long as money is changing hands...and sometimes even when it isn&#039;t. The question is Do we even care half the time? It is, after all, a fantasy.

Ultimately, you either trust someone or you don&#039;t, if it&#039;s a business relationship in a strip club all that really matters is that both parties are getting what they want out of the relationship.

If you think, as a customer, that things are moving beyond "strictly business" then I wish you luck. I have been there a few times and I have about a 300 batting average. I don&#039;t do the psycho stripper thing very well, I stay away from younger dancers and tend to become friendly with older women, I think this helps a little in the fact vs. fiction department but there simply are no guarantees that what you are hearing come out of her mouth is the truth.

yoda57us
03-03-2004, 03:49 PM
oh and, by the way, there is a sub topic - CS (customer shit) that seems to go totaly undiscussed here. "My wife doesn&#039;t understand me my girlfriend and I both see other people my other car is a Porsche ......"

lestat1
03-03-2004, 08:03 PM
So how did the definition of SS descend to a mere compliment? It still baffles me that a Junkie thought I was flipping them SS by paying a compliment in chat.

If they don&#039;t believe the compliment themselves, they may not think you&#039;re being sincere. An insincere compliment could be seen as SS to drum up business. I remember a dancer here who was very good at "working" while on the boards, and drummed up a lot of business as a result. Online/Chat/Forum SS is entirely plausible.

-lestat1

NVJosh
03-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I was at a club last night and this dancer (not my type, too many tattoos, although a nice person) came down, quickly put her legs up on mine and started chatting away. She was also telling me how she was moving into a house today and needed $500. There was a regular of hers at the bar (but a good friend in real life, she says. And he was a regular, because I saw about 5 employees call him by name) who said he&#039;d lend her the money if she needed it, she&#039;d just rather just make it herself.

My reaction was "And you&#039;re telling me this why?"

If I&#039;m going to spend money on a dancer, its because I want to spend money on her, not because of some sob story. The sob story is likely to push me away, not draw me close...the joys of being old and jaded.

Wait...wait...my wallet has something to say...what&#039;s that wallet? "Don&#039;t let that Lilith person come to Las Vegas or you&#039;ll never see me full again!" Yeah...being real with me works best. :)

Lilith
03-09-2004, 09:50 AM

If they don&#039;t believe the compliment themselves, they may not think you&#039;re being sincere. An insincere compliment could be seen as SS to drum up business. I remember a dancer here who was very good at "working" while on the boards, and drummed up a lot of business as a result. Online/Chat/Forum SS is entirely plausible.

-lestat1

Pffffft. They obvious don&#039;t know me that well.