PDA

View Full Version : dancers giving out phone numbers

mr86259
03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
in the last few months, i've had 3 dancers give me their phone numbers. all 3 times, that was my first time meeting that girl, and i had gotten a few dances and chatted some but hadn't spent tons of money on them or anything. and although i've got a good job & do pretty well, i tend to dress like a thriftstore hipster on unemployment, so it's not like they can smell cash on me or anything. i'm pretty picky & will only get dances from girls i consider extremely hot...i will very often leave a club without getting a dance if i just don't really feel it for any of the girls...so believe me, i was happy to start getting this kind of attention from these particular women.

so all 3 times, when i was getting ready to leave, they said something like, we should get together outside of the club, here's my number (totally unprompted by me, i never thought i would have any chance of picking up a girl at a strip club). in fact, 2 of the girls were like, here's my home number, here's my cell, here's my email...the whole thing. then, when i called a few days later, they would flake about calling back or actually getting together. and it's not like i was pushy or weird on the phone, i don't think. i'm usually pretty comfortable with that type of thing.

this behavior pattern seems strange to me. if a dancer gave me her number so we could coordinate when she would be working, but she didn't really want to see me outside of work, that would be one thing, but this wasn't that type of thing at all...it's not like i was a regular with any of these girls, it was the first night.

for a short while i was thinking i was a total stud, but now it seems i've gotten played...but i can't see what they get out of this!

of course, maybe this isn't a trend, but just 3 random coincidences...it's a small sample size after all.

does this happen often? is it just that some dancers tend to be flaky (no offense!)? thoughts?

EvilCyn
03-17-2004, 04:51 AM
I can't answer why they would give out there number, and then flake on you...
I don't ever give my number out , why ?? because I don't have any reasons too..
If I think there is a chance you'll be back to see me, why would I bullshit you like that......

Yes alot of girls are flakey, and they think they will make more by playing the bullshit angle, it just loses them money in thee end .....

Licks Cyn

SportsWriter2
03-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Memo to mr86259: If a dancer wants to give you her number, tell her to punch it in your phone, then call it while she's there.

Do an improv based on her voicemail message. Example: If it starts with music you don't like, say "Is this your phone or some ghetto girl you know?"

NEVER call the number after that and shut your phone off when you're sleeping.

Dancers run on IMPULSE. They call at 4AM crying, Sunday night stoned, and sometimes even when you want them. Listen to the message and call back with something equally messed up. It's worth keeping a second $20/mo hofone for the entertainment.

Encourage text messaging. When you're with a dancer and you get a TM, you have instant leverage.

If you find a pretty college student with money in the bank, do e-mail. Girls who do that well are KEEPERS.

money
03-17-2004, 10:19 AM
LMAO!!! SW, you hit it right on! This last dancer that gave me her # (I gave her mine too, as I always give mine out so we are on equal footing and she doesnt accuse me of stalking or whatever), she would always call at 4 in the morning or later! She would always be stoned or something. But I have to say, those messages were hilarious and they made my day! I havent gotten a call from her in a couple weeks now, so it has been a little boring. But listen to SW, he knows what he is talking about!

fishnet
03-17-2004, 10:24 AM
LOL... you guys hang with some weird dancers. The only times I've exchanged #s they were real and it never led to problems or strange calls. :) It proved to be a real conveniece for both of us.

Isis
03-17-2004, 11:08 AM
sounds like a case of bad economy combined w/ a nice, friendly guy w/ a dash of morning regret.

Ur probably a friendly guy that wouldn't be awful to do lunch w/ from time to time and might make a pleasent regular and in the moment these dancers think

"well maybe I'll do what __ does (insert name of dancer who make steady $ doing who knows what).... he seems safe and nice..... and I sure could use a few new regs " :thinking:

then the next morning arrives and dancer guilt sets in

" what if i misjudged him? what if he's not so nice, what if he's vice, what if he EXPECTS sex, what if.."

thats my guess anyway.

fishnet
03-17-2004, 01:05 PM
sounds like a case of bad economy combined w/ a nice, friendly guy w/ a dash of morning regret.

Ur probably a friendly guy that wouldn't be awful to do lunch w/ from time to time and might make a pleasent regular and in the moment these dancers think

"well maybe I'll do what __ does (insert name of dancer who make steady $ doing who knows what).... he seems safe and nice..... and I sure could use a few new regs " :thinking:

" what if i misjudged him? what if he's not so nice, what if he's vice, what if he EXPECTS sex, what if.."

thats my guess anyway.

I didn't think there would be a plausible exlantion but that makes sense.

velvet
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM

thats my guess anyway.

i agree with this completly except i would add being drunk and "brave", then sobering up and saying oh shit what did i do.

FBR
03-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Phone numbers are a great tool so I would encourage you to get them. For example, Miss D and I talked yesterday via cell to set up a very nice trip this evening. The drama was mild between Miss D and Miss B which helped to solidify my enjoyment.

In keeping with my mode of always having a plan B I hooked up with this chick from another chat room. She was on her way from MI to TN and stopped by Dayton for lunch. It was nice and we have a rendezvous planned for Friday afternoon as shes heading back north. Gotta love the power of 21st century communications.

FBR

mr86259
03-17-2004, 07:28 PM

thats my guess anyway.

makes sense to me. ah, is the internet ever wrong?

britfreak2
03-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Shoot, I'd be lucky if my ATF even anwsers her phone when I'm calling her. The last time I called her and she answered her phone I was drunk off my ass and all was I trying to do was tell her that I wouldn't be coming that night. Huge surprise that she anwsered her phone.

Richard_Head
03-17-2004, 09:17 PM
In keeping with my mode of always having a plan B I hooked up with this chick from another chat room. She was on her way from MI to TN and stopped by Dayton for lunch. It was nice and we have a rendezvous planned for Friday afternoon as shes heading back north. Gotta love the power of 21st century communications.

Damn FBR, you're posting on another site too, you're always on here, where do you find the time?

fishnet
03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Business has taught FBR the fine art of multi-tasking. LOL. :D

Katrine
03-18-2004, 02:03 PM
none taken. you're new around here, aren't you? are strippers flaky? of course not! strippers are much admired for their social stability and financial responsibility, especially by the musical instrument industry. keep your money in a bank? are looking for an investment vehicle with low fees and a high rate of return? loan your money to a stripper. strippers are totally trustworthy and dependable. you'll get your money (with interest) back in no time. no need for messy contracts, credit history checks or even real names. her word and a handshake is all you need. don't miss out on this great opportunity!

LOL. Clever!

I give out my cell on occasion, its my only phone anyway. It has a generic msg on it, not my voice at all. If they want to find me..they'll have to hack into ATTs customer database.....

Tip to boys: giving her your number is just going to get you a cold sales call in the future...as you might know, we are harvesting regulars, and its dry season!

money
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Katrine, whenever I get a call from a dancer, it is basically cheap entertainment for me! Some of the messages are so fucked up you cannot help but laugh! I guess maybe the newbies should be careful, but a loser like myself that has been around forever, keeps things in perspective!

yoda57us
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
well...some of us do seem to have better luck attracting wierdos than others do...I have several dancer cell phone numbers in my spead dial and in 6 years I have not recieved anything even remotely resembling a psycho call. My rule is simple-if she's a wierdo or a leech inside the club, she will be the same outside. Frankly, it just isn't that hard to tell a problem dancer from nice girl who just wants to say hello once in a while or let you know when she's working.

Why someone would give you a # and then flake? Sounds like it was SS to me. The words were intended to get you to come back for more dances....don't be surprised if the suggestions of outside activity keep coming-but never happens.

FBR
03-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Damn FBR, you're posting on another site too, you're always on here, where do you find the time?

Only on rare ocassion, RH. But I used to hang out there quite a bit before I stumbled across SCJ ;D

Ive chatted a bit and emailed back and forth with this particular lady for over a year. She let me know she was travelling through Ohio so how could I refuse ::)

FBR

Prester_John
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Wow....have all you guys got phone numbers from dancers at some point? LOL I though that was just hearsay.

In the 2+ years of my SC experiences, I have not gotten one phone number. Up to now, I havent had a problem with that, because thats not why I went anyway.

I guess I have honed the "friendly, nice, personably, yet distant and inscrutable" art to perfection. I don't even get hit on at my bar (which ends the myth that all bartenders get hit on merely because they are bartenders). I know I am not bad looking, because my Mommy tolded me dat every day ;D

Happy_Camper
03-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Wow....have all you guys got phone numbers from dancers at some point? LOL I though that was just hearsay.

Yep, I got my first phone number about a year and a half ago without ever asking. (Yes, she ended up getting mine later) Funny thing is, when she quit dancing, she quit calling. Hmm, I wonder why? Then a couple months ago I gave mine to an out of town dancer to call me when she was coming back. And damned if she didnt actually call. Suprised the hell out of me. Just for the effort, I had to go see her. To me it all means nothing but good business.

Katrine
03-19-2004, 03:23 PM
PJ....I would soooooooooo hit on you if I knew what bar you worked at.....how else do you think I have so many bartenders in my pocket...but don't worry...my policy is to pay for every 3rd drink......meow!!

NVJosh
03-19-2004, 06:42 PM
The only phone number I want is Kat's...but she never offers...*sigh*

lestat1
03-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Ummm...I got an e-mail addy once. :-[

danhunt
03-21-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't know why but it seems like I get dancers phone numbers all the time and I never ask for them. Yes, I'm a good customer. ;D But, I'm not any woman's ideal for a handsome man. BTW I have never given my phone # out to anyone. Maybe I'll call the next one to see what happens and post the results.