PDA

View Full Version : Being shy means low confidence?

junkieSCJ
03-21-2004, 01:34 PM
:o

I don't know how many times a girl that I've had dances told me that I should get more confidence and go out and find myself a cute girlfriend. I just don't feel like having one. I like having a different hot woman on my lap doing her thing for the number of songs and then leaving with a smile on my face.

Just because I don't really feel like groping doesn't make me have low confidence. I may be shy around women but it's not that my confidence is totally lacking in other areas. I just find it odd for someone to say that after meeting me just minutes before sitting on me ;D

Is this how many dancers feel about their shyer customers?

Mr.Bobo
03-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I've had dancers call me shy on a few occasions in the past. The main reason they've made this assumption about me, was my reluctance to say much to them, due to the fact that I really wasn't at all interested in them and felt I would encourage them to stay with me or ask for dances if I kept up a conversation. Ah, but I have learned that it's a complete waste of everyone's time to be anything less than upfront about my intentions. Now, I will straight up tell a girl (as politely as possible, mind you) if I don't want her company or am not interested in dances from her. Saves her from trying to make small-talk with an uninterested customer.... and they don't think I'm shy!
Another thing- just because someone doesn't feel like having a huge conversation doesn't mean they are shy... a lot of days after work, I just feel like basically sitting there for awhile and then getting dances without any real conversation. Thats part of the appeal of the SC, you don't have to talk to the girls if you don't feel like it... maybe kind of off-topic but, oh well.

Bridgette
03-23-2004, 06:17 PM
This is not how I feel about it. I tend to be 'shy' at times but I most certainly don't lack confidence. Even the most confident people will be 'shy' at times. Perhaps the issue here is mistaking you being reserved for shyness.

Katrine
03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Sometimes its nice to have a patron who just wants to sit and chill.....as long as they are not wasting your time...

Its our jobs to try to bring out the "party animal" in you.Occasionally, we can mis-read our customers too. A good, smart stripper will know when to stop pushing, and either start dancing or move on....but sometimes we can be too aggressive because that is the default sales mode....there are worse things to worry about than what a stripper thinks about your personality...

NVJosh
03-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I don't go to clubs to party, I go for the intellectual stimulation in a great physical package, which may or may not translate into LDs or whatever. I don't need to be brash to be confident. When I'm being "shy", its pretty much for the reasons Cal said.

afxturnip
03-25-2004, 08:44 PM
there are worse things to worry about than what a stripper thinks about your personality...

Right on, just wave another bill and ask 'em to keep on dancin'!

-afx