PDA

View Full Version : Was I wrong? I can be choosy if I want to be

Pages : [1] 2

junkieSCJ
04-12-2004, 01:35 AM
I was just at a club recently where it was really dead. So dead that the stripper dancing on the stage didn't even start dancing. Another stripper was at the rail and they just started blabbing away while the song played out. I didn't bother to watch for two reasons:
1. She wasn't my type at all
2. She wasn't dancing on the stage.

I don't rail girls who I am not attracted to meaning I won't even tip that girl either ( I tip if the performance is good, not just for dropping your bra and panties. For me, a performance just requires even menial effort which she didn't provide ...). When her next song came up, the DJ asked her "what the f***" are you doing talking on the stage. That stripper yelled out "Because that guy (me) wasn't looking at
her and the other guys aren't going to the rail. " Of course I'm not going to look at a girl just gabbing away on stage, that's stupid. Maybe if she started dancing I would, but she gave no notion of that sort.

I found it funny that after 30 minutes, she came to ask me for a dance and right when I was about to say No, she turned away and moved towards the dressing room. My money is my money. I am not going to spend it on a girl with an attitude that I really don't like and am in no way interested in. Other guys may think she's hot sh*t because of her accent, but she did nothing for me. She's blacklisted on my list, and a hefty No will always come out of my mouth from now on.

money
04-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Junkie, are you sure you aren't my twin brother? LOL I agree with you. I do not tip just because a dancer is "there". I tip if I like her and if she at least puts on a performance. I have gotten into many arguments on here with the "dancers ass kisser customers" that feel just because they are up on stage they should be tipped. It is your money, and spend as you feel u need to!

Moneywise
04-12-2004, 06:05 AM
I think we're all part of the majority on this one. Well, at least I would like to believe that. I'm the exact same way. By no means am I advocating being a tightwad b/c that's not what we are. We're prudent and spend our money wisely. Oh, it will get spent. No doubt. It just goes where we want it to go. I only tip a select few at the stage. If I am not into someone at the stage I usually just get up and go back to the bar. No harm no foul.

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 07:03 AM
I only tip the one's I am interested in at stage. I already know them, or think I may like to know them better ;) Now if I go up to tip and they act like I am doing them a favor, then that is the last one they get. Granted I have a select few that I will hit the stage most any time they are up, but that doesnt keep me from showing appreciation to the others from time to time. Heck, once I got "HC came to tip me? I feel so honored, you only tip (ATF)" One girl even asked me if my coming up was a pity tip. Maybe it was. The club was slow, but she still did a show. she didnt just stand around or pout. That and she is hot, so she deserved it.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
If there's one thing that gets my blood boiling more than anything else is guys who will sit there and watch an entire stage set and not even tip $1 to the dancer.You see this alot when clubs first open for the day and only 1 or 2 customers are in the club. I've noticed it happens to all types of dancers too from Barbie to Miss Piggy, so it seems to be related mostly to the number( or lack there of) OTHER customers.
I will often see customers watching intently but not tipping awesome stage shows. WTF is with that ???
At least twice a shift I will tip a dancer out of my own garder to give a polite hint to the cheapos watching and not tipping. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Is $1 really going to brake the bank or something ::) If so, they should just stay home. I mean seriously even if a club is running 20 dancers an hour on stage, that's only $20 for an hours worth of sexy entertainment.

$1 per dancer on stage is the standard min. of respectable stripclub behavior.

As a customer, I wouldn't tip a dancer sitting and talking to another dancer while on stage either, but if a dancer is dancing on stage (even if she's not my type) I will tip her becasue she is doing her job- dancing for the clubs customers.

I think it's wrong to make people work for free.

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Just to make it clear...If I am not tipping the girl, I am not at the stage. Also just because we are both in the club at the same time does not mean she deserves my money. The girls who do get my money have done something to earn it.

NVJosh
04-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Just to make it clear...If I am not tipping the girl, I am not at the stage. Also just because we are both in the club at the same time does not mean she deserves my money. The girls who do get my money have done something to earn it.

Amen to that. If I'm at the stage, I'll tip. If I'm not, I'll tip if she's doing a good job or I want her attention. If she's not my type, or a crappy dancer, or whatever, I'm under no obligation to give her money.

junkieSCJ
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
^^^ What happy_camper said

I don't go to the rail if I'm not interested in the girl. Sure it's an early shift, but the girls are there for the long haul of the day. There will be slow times until the regs come in to get their lap on. If you don't cater to what I prefer in a woman, why should I drop my money? I tip when I see a good performance if I am not at the rail and she deserves it. I won't give out pity money just because she's naked on the stage.

I don't feel bad considering the $ per hour rate many if not all are making. If she doesn't entice me, maybe she needs to up her stage show to faster beats instead of leaning back on a pole and just posing.

NVJosh
04-12-2004, 12:22 PM

Well, I think its wrong for me to pay something for nothing. Dancing is a sales job, plain and simple. If the dancer isn't selling herself to me via her stage set, why should I give her money? She works on commission, period. She has to close the sale with me to earn that commission. If she's working for free, that's her fault, not my fault. I'm a customer, checking out what's available in the 'store.' If I like something, I'll buy it (i.e., tip, buy lap dances, VIP, whatever). If I don't, then I leave. There's no rule (ignoring covers and drink minimums) that says I have to spend dollar #1 in a club. Whether you like it or not, its my perogative.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 01:13 PM

Well, I think its wrong for me to pay something for nothing.

Dancing on stage is not "Nothing" ::) Not tipping is getting something for nothing. Not all that unlike shoplifting when you break it down.

Technically, dancing on stage is the ONLY real job requirement as a Stripper . Most clubs do not require a dancer to do dances off stage to continue working in the club just on stage.

It's an age old arguement really :-\
Most dancers want to be paid for doing the job they were hired to do. And most customers want dancers to do more than just their jobs to earn money.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Let me ask you guys who think there is nothing wrong with watchin a dancers stage set and not tipping.

Lets say you go to see a concert and don't particularly like the opening act or you go to see a movie and its not your cup of tea- do you think should you get to see the show for free?
It's no differnt watching a dancer on stage and not tipping.

money
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Laura dear, you are comparing apples to oranges! You cannot compare going to the movies and watching strippers! Come to NJ hon, and watch the dancers do the gogo walk or the stripper strut on stage! If they do not put on any kind of show, they dont get the dough! Plain and simple. Walking around the stage is not a show. Just because someone is on stage does not entitle them to get a tip. Dance, have a gimmick, do something!!!

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Let me ask you guys who think there is nothing wrong with watchin a dancers stage set and not tipping.

Lets say you go to see a concert and don't particularly like the opening act or you go to see a movie and its not your cup of tea- do you think should you get to see the show for free?
It's no differnt watching a dancer on stage and not tipping.

I know what I am getting into when I go to the movie, bad or not. As for a concert I paid for the feature not the opening act. Like the club, I am paying for the ATF (or other worthwhile girl), not the ones who think we 'owe' them something just for being there. I dont tip every waitress just because she is there working. They have to do something for me.

If the dancer isnt good enough to garner tips and is 'working for free', then she is in the wrong business.

NVJosh
04-12-2004, 02:18 PM

Well, I think its wrong for me to pay something for nothing.

Dancing on stage is not "Nothing" ::)

You're absolutely right...its Advertising. Its client development. I've had dozens of meetings with potential clients who ultimately don't use my services. Do I charge them for meeting with me? No...only if I become their CPA do they get charged. Now, if I perform a specific service, like write them a quick letter during that meeting, I'll charge for it on the spot, whether or not they become a client.

Its the same with a dancer. Her stage set is that initial interview. If I'm impressed, then she gets a dance, or a tip, or whatever. Otherwise, it was just another lost sale. However, if the performs a service for me during the stage set (I dunno, burying my face in her cleavage or something),then I will pay for services rendered (i.e., tip) at that time.

You want us to pay for the commercial before we buy the product.

Not tipping is getting something for nothing. Not all that unlike shoplifting when you break it down.

With some dancers stage sets, they should pay me to endure them. What exactly am I getting if I'd rather look at the bartender or the TV instead of the dancer on stage? Not what I came to the club for, that's for sure. Now, as stated earlier, if I'm sitting at the stage, I'm tipping (extreme situations like her talking to another dancer or customer for the whole song aside). Because, in my mind, if I choose to sit at the stage, then I've chosed to "purchase some services." Not purchasing the services isn't "shoplifting", its "window shopping." Getting a dance and not paying for it is "shoplifting."

Technically, dancing on stage is the ONLY real job requirement as a Stripper . Most clubs do not require a dancer to do dances off stage to continue working in the club just on stage.

So? Most car dealerships don't require their salespeople to sell cars...unless they want to keep a job, that is. IMO, this is a silly argument.

Most dancers want to be paid for doing the job they were hired to do. And most customers want dancers to do more than just their jobs to earn money.

When did this become a extras discussion? I want my dancer to be a dancer...not a stroller, not a shuffler, not a zombie...if she's a dancer, she'll make money from me. She won't get my money just for having tits...I've seen lots of tits in my life, it takes more than that to impress me.

yoda57us
04-12-2004, 02:26 PM
If I'm sitting at the stage I'm tipping every girl that comes over-as long as she is dancing or exuding SOME kind of personality and not just standing there with her g-string pulled out acting like I owe her something. If I'm sitting at the bar chatting with the bartender or another dancer I will go up and tip a girl I like at the stage.

If I'm not at the stage, I DO NOT feel obligated to tip a girl simply because she happens to be naked in the same zip code as I am on a Monday afternoon...I have friends who dance or have danced and believe me, I know how frustrating it is to watch a bunch of yahoos ogling you for no money, I've heard what gets said about these guys and (ouch!) often times it is deserved. However, dancing is what it is, you take your clothes off and you take your chances on how much money you will make that set, shift, week etc.

There are many jobs where your hourly wage is guaranteed: McDonalds, Burger King and K-Mart come to mind...

Moneywise
04-12-2004, 02:34 PM

Amen to that. If I'm at the stage, I'll tip. If I'm not, I'll tip if she's doing a good job or I want her attention. If she's not my type, or a crappy dancer, or whatever, I'm under no obligation to give her money.

If I am not into someone at the stage I usually just get up and go back to the bar. No harm no foul.

Amen to both HC and NVJosh.

Just to clear up any misconceptions or misunderstanding...
I'm pretty generous with tipping and will tip 5-10 at the stage if interested. If the girl on stage does nothing for me the bar suddenly calls my name and I follow the voice in the dark. I agree, sitting around the stage and enjoying a "free" peep is not cool at all. I'm into doing cool things. ;D

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM

When did this become a extras discussion? I want my dancer to be a dancer...not a stroller, not a shuffler, not a zombie...if she's a dancer, she'll make money from me. She won't get my money just for having tits...I've seen lots of tits in my life, it takes more than that to impress me.

I wasn't trying to imply extras, get your mind out of the gutter - just kidding ;)

Like I said stage tipping it's an age old argument.

There will always be dancers who get offended for not being paid for the work they do and there will always be customers who consider dancers greedy for wanting to be paid for doing their jobs.

Something I have found odd though is it's usualy the customers who are salary income that are the ones who understand it is rude not to tip the dancer on stage. And it's often the hourly guys who expect dancers to dance on stage for them for free. That's weird to me. You'd figure that it would be the other way around but in my experience it's not :-\

doc-catfish
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Is $1 really going to brake the bank or something ::) If so, they should just stay home. I mean seriously even if a club is running 20 dancers an hour on stage, that's only $20 for an hours worth of sexy entertainment.

For the customer who can't afford dances, I agree that stage tipping is an economical alternative, and that he should be tipping $1/ per gal if he's going to park his rear in the prime seats.

But if I've come to spend my money on buying dances, the money I'd spend tipping dancers on stage whom I have no interest in, cuts into my budget to spend on dancers that I am interested in. That doesn't make me cheap, just selective.

$1 per dancer on stage is the standard min. of respectable stripclub behavior.

What if the club has multiple stages running? If I sit at one, I have no view of the others. If I sit at a table in the back row, I may have at best, a so-so view of any of them. What is my standard minimum then?

Me too, but lets remember that I'm not the one making them work.

Dancing on stage is not "Nothing" ::) Not tipping is getting something for nothing. Not all that unlike shoplifting when you break it down.

By your definition, would I not be obliged to pay money to a storekeeper just to browse his merchandise? I can only imagine how successful that enterprise would be! Sorry, but I will not buy what I cannot at least see.

Since most dancers are independent contractors, they are more akin to a businesses than an employee. Any person who runs a business knows there are going to be days where they'll work themselves raw and through no fault of their own, have little to show for it at the end of the day. It comes with the territory. If a particular dancer can't accept that fact, she should perhaps find a line of work where the income is more steady.

Furthermore, I am not "most customers". I have no problem with tipping and recommend that every customer do his/her best to treat the ladies at their favorite club right. I just don't like being told when I should tip, or how much, or worst of all whom I should give it to.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Me too, but lets remember that I'm not the one making them work.

Well who are they dancing for if not the customers?

What if the club has multiple stages running? If I sit at one, I have no view of the others. If I sit at a table in the back row, I may have at best, a so-so view of any of them. What is my standard minimum then?

In that case you should tip the stage you are watching

By your definition, would I not be obliged to pay money to a storekeeper just to browse his merchandise? I can only imagine how successful that enterprise would be! Sorry, but I will not buy what I cannot at least see.

What? How is a customer watching a movie and not likeing it and then expecting a refund the same as going into a store and being charged for browsing?
And you do get to see what you are paying for- uh..... that's the point of what I'm saying ::)

yoda57us
04-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Who you are dancing for and who is making you dance does (do?) not have to be the same person(s). In reality, you are dancing for yourself. The whole "independant contractor" thing is a real slippery slope sometimes but that comes much closer to reality than the argument that would depict a dancer as an employee. Nobody likes to invest time in their craft for zero dollar return but Independant contractors (myself included) do it all the time.

NVJosh
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM

I wasn't trying to imply extras, get your mind out of the gutter - just kidding ;)

My mind feels right at home in the gutter, thank you very much. :P Actually, you're right...re-reading your post, you consider doing anything other than stage doing more than just their jobs. So, you weren't implying extras (at least I don't think so...lol). I sit corrected.

As to the other stuff, nothing you've said convinces me that I'm under any obligation to tip. If I'm sitting at the stage and don't, its rude (and that generally won't happen), however I'm still not obligated. If I'm back in my seat, I definitely feel no obligation to tip.

Frankly, I haven't been a stage sitter in years. Not since I first started going to clubs. Since I consider stage the preview/commercial/flyer/whatever, I like to watch from the back. If I'm interested in the dancer, I'll walk up and tip, which also, IMO, shows the dancer that I have some interest, as I've gotten my fat ass out of the chair to bring her money, so it helps keep me fresher in her mind. I find this especially useful when I tip $1 and say "there's 4 more of these waiting for you at my table, baby!" :D :P. Seriously, it also lets me talk with the circulating dancers without me feeling rude by sitting at the stage and then talking to a dancer who walks by. To me that's pretty insulting to the dancer on stage.

I don't owe any dancer a living, just as my clients don't owe me a living. I have to perform to a certain level to be paid for my services. To me, the same applies to dancers.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Since most dancers are independent contractors, they are more akin to a businesses than an employee. Any person who runs a business knows there are going to be days where they'll work themselves raw and through no fault of their own, have little to show for it at the end of the day. It comes with the territory. If a particular dancer can't accept that fact, she should perhaps find a line of work where the income is more steady.

I don't think any dancer expects every customer watching her stage set to buy a lap dance but I don't think it's too much to ask for them to tip a single dollar since they are sitting there watching her show.

If a dancer isn't making enough money she should seek out differnt club or differnt type of employment, I agree. But I also think that customers who are siting there watching should tip at least $1. Why should they get a free show ? >:(

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Going back to the movie scenerio.
I paid admission to see the movie (I paid cover charge to get in club).
I may or may not buy soda and popcorn (I may on may not buy alchohol...although drinks at the club are cheaper).
If I like the movie I will see it again or buy the video or other merchandise (If I like the dancers show I will tip or buy a lap).

So yep, they are alot alike.

sander8son
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
i think we're all arguing, while we all have the same opinion.

All of the guys here are saying that if they are sitting at the stage, they tip the girl. so, they aren't condoning getting an upclose and personal show without tipping.

where i think laura and the fellas are hitting a snag on, is when the guy is not sitting at the stage..

let me ask this. Laura, if im sitting at a table, 75 feet away from the stage, watchign tv...am i required to tip the girls on stage? the guys will all say no, i hope you do too. Now, if i get up and move to the stage, clearly, i am required to tip.

there can be some gray area with the guys who sit not at the stage, but as close as possible without being at it. these guys SHOULD tip, but not as much as the ones who get the upclose and personal attention. if these guys sit 4 feet away and get a good show, without tipping, they are cheap bastards.

when im not sitting at the stage, im not watchign the stage, and therefor have without a doubt NO responsibility to tip. when they announce the new stage lineup, i'll look over to see if anyone piques my interest. if somone does, i'll head to the stage, if not, i'll turn back around and ignore the stage. simple as that.

NVJosh
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
I don't think any dancer expects every customer watching her stage set to buy a lap dance but I don't think it's too much to ask for them to tip a single dollar since they are sitting there watching her show.

Ah...yet that's an opinion. It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the customer thinks. I don't mean that to be snide, just that there are many who don't share that point of view. In reality, most if not all customers can afford that buck...however, at the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

To me, its probably a two-way street. If I was sitting back in the seats, came up and tipped and later asked you for a dance, I suspect your attitude towards me would be better than if you saw me watching you the whole time without tipping and later asked you for a dance. Am I right or not?

Also, there are guys who are shy about coming up to the stage, into the lights, especially when the club is not crowded, so they may not tip and will just wait until the dancers come to them (see my entry for "what the fucko" under the types of fucko thread.

If a dancer isn't making enough money she should seek out differnt club or differnt type of employment, I agree. But I also think that customers who are siting there watching should tip at least $1. Why should they get a free show ? >:(

Why? That one's easy. Because they can. :) Because there wasn't a sign at the door saying "You must tip the dancers on stage."

Like all of this, its not right or wrong, good or bad, it just is.

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Going back to the movie scenerio.
I paid admission to see the movie (I paid cover charge to get in club).

And most dancers pay a "cover charge" too it's called a house fee and I bet the dancers house is more expensive than the customers door charge ::)

I just don't see what so wrong with expecting customers who is watching the stage show to tip the dancers providing that show. ::)

But like I've said twice already, it's an age old argument. And most dancers, myself including know that there will always be some freeloaders in the crowd.

* edited to add emphasis

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
And most dancers, myself including know that there will always be some freeloaders in the crowd.

:soapbox:
And most customers, myself included know that there will always be some dancers who think the world owes them just for taking their clothes off.

wait2play
04-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I have to agree with Laura Love on:

"But like I've said twice already, it's an age old argument. And most dancers, myself including know that there will always be some freeloaders in the crowd."

Freeloaders shouldn't be going to a strip club, they can go to a regualr bar and drink. If you are watching the stage dance, tip[ the dancer a buck or two.

If you are the dancer on stage, don't assume everyone in the place should/would tip you.

Nothing irritates me more than walking in, sitting down, and getting nailed for tipping a stage dance before I have my drink.

doc-catfish
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM

In that case you should tip the stage you are watching

...and if I'm not particularly watching any of them?

I agree its a good idea to tip. At my local clubs, the dancers are required to do a tip walk after their set, and on my own initative, I'll give a dollar for their efforts. I just don't agree that it should be an obligation. Just the same the dancer is in no way obliged to give so much as an iota of attention to a customer who isn't helping her make money.

But like I've said twice already, it's an age old argument. And most dancers, myself including know that there will always be some freeloaders in the crowd.

Agreed. I've seen my fair share of beer nursers and I find their kind rather repulsive. A customer should get what he paid for, and if he gives nothing to a dancer, she should respond in kind by looking right past him.

I just don't think that a customer who comes in and sits at a back table, knows exactly whats he/she wants, spends buku bucks on dances from a few girls and pays no considerable attention to the stage should be considered a freeloader.

mr_punk
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
My money is my money. I am not going to spend it on a girl with an attitude that I really don't like and am in no way interested in.of course. ultimately, it is your money. you earned it and it's in your pocket. feel free to distribute it (or not) in the manner of your choosing. you'll get no objections from me. it isn't my money. i didn't earn it for you and i'm not about to start pretending that i'm your financial advisor.

Happy_Camper
04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I should point out that I agree with the fact it is wrong to go in and spend only on drinks. But if you sit in the back (like I normally do), and have a dancer (or two, or more) sitting with you. There is no need to tip everyone on stage. Now if one of my favs, or someone who is just really impressing me is on stage. I will go up and tip. I will even take the dancer sitting with me along (if she wants). That alone helps get others up there to see what two girls will do...

Niceguy
04-12-2004, 10:16 PM
While I can see the dancers point in that no tips makes them feel odd, especially in those clubs where it's $5 for tops and $5 for bottoms. If there are other stages
and you are the only one not nude it's kind of tough.
On the other hand, as a customer, you are under no obligation to tip if you don't want to. This concept that the customer must tip or there is something wrong with the customer has got to go. Dancers, treating the cutomers as the enemy is the wrong approach!

Katrine
04-12-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm with the boys on this one. Where I work, the stage is what you make of it or a big waste of time. If you cannot use it strategically, just pay the DJ to stay offstage.

If the boys are being shy when I'm up there, I'll wag my finger at a few of them to come up or even lightheartedly tease them to come up if they are near the front. Ultimately it does not matter. Any $$ from my stage usually goes to tipout management, etc....stage is just fun and a good way to market on a slow night...

I just don't feel comfortable half-assing it onstage, I'm on the clock and you never know who might walk in who digs my type....I don't care if anyone tips me or not, I'm at my vantage point scanning for tonights meal anyway....

It really sucks not to get tipped on mainstage (not that I would know LOL), but its no big deal on side stages. I swear, side stages are just there for customers to walk in and see some immediate tit waggle, they serve no purpose other than promotional.....

Katrine
04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Oh, btw SCJ, I agree you have every right to be choosy. You are there to spend money on a fantasy, not on a chiq that reminds you of your wife or boss.......its been discussed before, some dancers who aren't all that will nag at customers to guilt them into spending money...its pretty much lowest common denominator selling, just get used to it as long as clubs hire any slut off the street ;)

LauraLove
04-12-2004, 11:40 PM
some dancers who aren't all that will nag at customers to guilt them into spending money...its pretty much lowest common denominator selling, just get used to it as long as clubs hire any slut off the street ;)

Well now Kat, I always heard that Sluts give it away for free !
:razz: :moon: :razz:

there's an old saying that has that one and two more:

A whore is a woman who charges more than the guy can afford.

A bitch is a woman who won't give it up no matter how much the guy offers to pay

:smirk:

Katrine
04-13-2004, 01:13 AM
I thought it went like this:

"A slut gives it up to everyone. A bitch gives it up to everyone but YOU!!"

lol :goodvibes: :flirt: :highfive:

sallylou
04-13-2004, 06:45 AM
I agree with Katrine and the guys here too. And although, I think every major point has been covered already, I'll still give out my opinion...lol

A dancer is not entitled to anything just because she is a dancer. She does have to work for her money and dancing is a form of entertainment...if the guy is not being entertained, then he shouldn't have to tip.

When I go to a club, if the girl doesn't interest me, I do not tip her. I work hard for the money I make while I dance, and I am not going to give anybody my money... even if it is only a dollar... if I do not think they deserve it.

And to me, personality goes alot farther than looks. If a girl is really pretty but she basically sucks personality wise, I will not be tipping her and do not feel as though I have to... even if I am watching her from afar... if it's a girl I think is even just "ok" looks wise and she is also nice, smiley, and has some type of outgoing personality, then I will go tip her. When I go to the club, I generally will sit at the stage and tip all the girls... but if there are one's that do not interest me in the least, I will suddenly find that I have to excuse myself to go to the bathroom and not find my seat again until she is off the stage.

Dancing is a sales position even more than an entertaining job. You need to be able to know how to sell yourself and make a guy want to tip you.

There is no rule that says once you enter a club, you HAVE to tip the girls... the customer pays a cover charge... what they spend their money on after that is up to them... you just have to be able to figure out a way to make them want to give you their money...
you know...
by earning it. : )

mr_punk
04-13-2004, 07:30 AM
There is no rule that says once you enter a club, you HAVE to tip the girls... the customer pays a cover charge... what they spend their money on after that is up to them... you just have to be able to figure out a way to make them want to give you their money...
you know...
by earning it. : ) oh, i couldn't agree more. i feel that all dancers should earn my money. a sc is not a soup kitchen.

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 10:01 AM
i ONLY would like a guy to tip me if he is interested in me or enjoyed my stage show.

trust me when i say i don't need pity money!
I usually go up to the men who tip me on stage (larger bills first) because they seem interested.

Don't listen to what some people say about this!! MEN, if you tip on stage.. this sometimes shows the dancer you are interested! Dont give the girl a false impression of this... or WORSE, pity money!

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
besides women .. if you are simply NOT making money on stage or off and you need to hassle guys for pity money, TIME FOR A JOB CHANGE!

LauraLove
04-13-2004, 10:42 AM
I gotta clear something up here.

I'm not talking about pity tips. I am talking about the guys who come in specificaly to get a free show and wouldn't tip ANYONE.

And to some of the other dancers who are very cattily implyng that I am complaining about my tips- you are WRONG. I'm pulling in an average of 500+ a shift so you can drop the not so veiled insults- GEEZ!

There are freeloader customers in every club, it's a part of the industry- I have already said that at least once.

All I am doing is discussing it , on a DISCUSSION BOARD. I mean silly me- I thought was the point of a discussion board. But I guess I was forgot to first ask some of the other dancers if it was ok to talk honestly about this :sarcastic:

Hmm maybe some people should unattach their lips from the collective customer ass ;D

LauraLove
04-13-2004, 10:58 AM
besides women .. if you are simply NOT making money on stage or off and you need to hassle guys for pity money, TIME FOR A JOB CHANGE!

Why don't you try reading this thread before making ignorant comments like that

I also previously said that if a woman isnt making enough she should get a differnt job You'd know that if you read my posts on this subject.
So you can stick your personaly directed to me- "woman you should get a new job" shit back where you pulled it out off- your a$$

Nowhere in this did I say I don't enough $ . I specificaly said I watch this happen to dancers of all types- and that would include you too.

So get your nose out of the air there miss snotty pants ::)

Moneywise
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.persephone.com/lolaandtilly/images/CatFight01.jpg

:o

LauraLove
04-13-2004, 11:45 AM
LOL!!!!! I know right ! And I hate that crap. It's not like I'm here trying to steal SugarDaddy's. :sarcastic: Its cyberspace not inside the club ::)

Cute Pic though- thanks for the smile ;)

Katrine
04-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Hehehe, that picture llooks just like my kittie (the feline one mind you!!!)

But yeah, I understand about cheapskates too, I have no qualms about humiliating them either, you can just smell a douchebag from afar (nice analogy, huh!) He's the guy who sits right in front of the stage, but averts his eyes when you gaze at him. He only looks at you when your back is turned, or when you are bent over, he is afraid of true human contact....

This is not the shy, introverted guy, this is the creep who secretly hates you and doesn't think he should even be paying the cover....there aren't that many of these gems around, but they infuriate us girls because we can feel their hatred.....

Maybe that still sounds generalized, I am trying to be fair. You junkies know what I'm talking about though....its been a while since I've seen one actually.....

Kat (who never asks "why not?")

Moneywise
04-13-2004, 01:45 PM

YW. anything to lighten the mood... ;)

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I wasn't directing my comments to any particular person. I was simply stating my opinion AND not to be taken out of context.
If i was refering to you i would have included your name in my post. Your sensitivity to my posts has made me a bit flabergasted.
I simply don't have the time to fight with you.

CUTE CAT PIC BY THE WAY!!!

i ALSO understand the cheapskates in there as well, but your posts didn't decipher the difference between a regular customer and those "just in for the show."
The men in there for a show however wouldnt contribute to your source of income anyway, only exclusively to the club's.

They are usually ignored by the strippers anyway..

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 04:18 PM
BESIDES, the post was started by a man that stated that he didn't want to get a dance from someone else and that he was being choosy.. How does that statement turn into "a guy who is there for viewing purposes only."

Therefore.. i was simply not speaking directly towards you.

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
And to some of the other dancers who are very cattily implyng that I am complaining about my tips- you are WRONG. I'm pulling in an average of 500+ a shift so you can drop the not so veiled insults- GEEZ!

veiled insults???? You pm-ed me saying you were making 600 a shift, why the difference now? get your story straight sweety!!!

i cant cattily IMPLY anything if i wasnn't talking to you in that particular instance.

if anyone started being catty, that would be you. However get your facts STRAIGHT beforehand.

FBR
04-13-2004, 05:28 PM
LOL!!!!! I know right ! And I hate that crap. It's not like I'm here trying to steal SugarDaddy's. :sarcastic: Its cyberspace not inside the club ::)

Laura can I be your Sugar Daddy? I can afford it and Miss D is getting pretty old in the tooth ;D Shit she'll be 25 shortly :P

LOL seriously I think you ladies are all pretty much on the same page. But its fun to watch the claws extend ;D

FBR