PDA

View Full Version : How long is a typical dancer shift at your clubs?

LauraLove
04-13-2004, 11:33 AM
How long is a typical dancer shift at your clubs?

Do you guys think the length of time affects the dancers performance on the clock and if so how?

I work a 6 hour shift at my present club 5 days a week. And it feels perfect. I have worked 4 hour shifts too at another club and 8 hour shifts at yet another club.

Personaly, I felt 4 was too short and 8 was a little long.

4 hours wasn't enough time to get to all the waiting customers. And at 8 I think dancers tend to get less polished and more easily irritated.

Moneywise
04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
The shifts at the club I frequent are 6 hours long. They only have to do a roll call when the shifts change from days to nights. There's 1 main and two side stages which rarely get used. I believe 6 hours is perfect. If any shorter she would most likely feel more of a need to hustle. This club has its major ebbs & flows; especially during the week. Fridays & Saturdays can sometimes be hit or miss depending on whether or not you have a good number of spenders(like myself) or pretenders holding up walls trying too hard to look cute. :) If it were any longer she would probably die of boredom. 6 is great especially when I go b/c I always occupy 3-4 of them. ;D

Happy_Camper
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
At my regular club the shifts 6 1/2. There is one hour when both shifts are there. I also think you have to work a minimum of 3 shifts a week (or pay higher fees).

I know the day girls think 6 can be long, especially if it is slow. and then some nights there isnt enough time to get around to everyone waiting.

wait2play
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
I agree with you, I 6-7 hours is enough. If I am sitting with a dancer and she tells me she is working the second half of a double shift, I could have already told her that. She is either worn out or too busy telling us ATM's why she is there and how much she needs the extra cash.

FBR
04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Ours range from 4 to 5 hrs in length. The dancers usually have the option of working extra time if they want to. Standard shifts are:

3PM-7PM
5PM-9PM
7PM-12AM
9PM-2AM

I usually hit the 3-7 shift...its more laid back.

Yes, many of the ladies do get tired near the end of their shift. Even though the hours worked are short relative to "regular" jobs, I imagine the often strenuous activities can be pretty tiring. Cant say Ive noticed the dance quality decling but by then Ive had several drinks and probably wouldnt notice anyways ;D

FBR

Richard_Head
04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Most of the clubs here seem to run from 11am-1am, I have no idea what kind of shifts the dancers work, they seem to be 11am-5pm, 4pm-10pm, and 9pm-1am although many don't seem to work that long and some seem to work longer. Many of the girls also tell me that they just show up when they want and work as long as they want. LOL, obviously I don't know and quite frankly I don't really care.

tampafldancer
04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
my shifts are 6 1/2 or so.. But im a club hopper, so ive been known to come and leave.

8 is way to long.
4 to me sounds decent.

yoda57us
04-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Most of the clubs I frequent run a 12noon to 6:30shift and a 6:30 to closing shift. I know a lot of girls who work doubles as things are still very slow in the Northeast (probably everywhere actualy). How anyone can walk around in those shoes for 12 hours is amazing to me....

EvilCyn
04-14-2004, 07:48 AM
ours are 6 hours, I have done 8 hour shifts and sometimes it is way to long, if you are short on girls, thw stage over and over again is a killer...........
I work doubles all the time, I thrive on it....... I work them though when I want too, so I enjoy being there......If I let them schedule me a double then I dread it going in from the start..........

Licks Cyn

doc-catfish
04-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I honest to God don't know exactly, but from what I've seen based on the dancer traffic, shift change usually occurs between 7-8 PM and the clubs shut down at 2 AM, so you're probably looking at a 6-7 hour shift.

As far as length of time affecting performance, I think the work ethic of the dancer plays a far bigger role. If she's motivated, exercises regularly, and lays off the sauce at work, she can walk around in heels all night with energy to spare. Personally, I like that kind of dancer.
:hug:

But if she's constantly ditching work, getting inebrated, and not taking care of her body then even a short shift is going to seem like an eternity.
:faint:

I usually show up at about 9 PM because I feel it takes about an hour or so for most of them to get into "hustle mode". But I want to be out of there by midnight because so many of them by then (not to mention a lot of the customers) are so loaded that they can barely stand. Not my type of environment.
:drunk:

fishnet
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Six hours at my club. That's just right from a money and fatigue standpoint. The longest I had someone dance continuously was 6.5 hours and we were both whipped at the end. LOL.

FBR
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Six hours at my club. That's just right from a money and fatigue standpoint. The longest I had someone dance continuously was 6.5 hours and we were both whipped at the end. LOL.

LMAO Fish. Bud, only you could do a marathon 6.5 hr shift and still have cash to hit Steak n Shake on the way home LOL

FBR

Katrine
04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
I worked several 10--12 hour shifts over Superbowl week. Since I was continuously raking in the dough, I was totally in the zone with supercharged energy, and was too busy to even drink! At 4am I was still jumping up and down, just excited about the energy surrounding me....I slept for a week afterwards, hehe!

Usually, I like to be on the floor by 6pm, catch the happy hour crowd before things get quiet until 10. So, 8 hours for me, and I can handle it no problem, making $$ is a better motivator than a cup of coffee in the morning for you kids!

Tamra
04-16-2004, 05:22 AM
The shifts at my club are either 3-8 or 7:30-1. It all depends on how busy it is as to how fast the night or day goes by. I've had some shifts where I look at the clock thinking thenight is almost over and it's only 9, and other nights where I think I still have another 2 0r 3 hours to get to the line I've got going upstairs only to have th DJ then call the last dance of the night... grrrrr.... that's annoying when that happens cause you think you're gonna make another couple hundred bucks and then it's over. Yeah, I don't like when that happens! lol :)

Tigerlilly
05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I worked 8 hour shifts most of the time and I don't think I have ever worked less 6 hours.

CrescentLuna
05-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Weekdays: 6pm-1am, weekends: 6pm-3am. Unless you have constraints like another job or school [yes, I had evening classes that went to 9pm] you're expected to work the entire shift. Basically, like Katrine, if I'm making money I don't mind the longer shifts, but on slow nights.. ugh.

threlayer
05-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Topless (liquor-selling) clubs -- 7pm or 8pm to 2AM. Some will have hiyurs like noon to 8pm.

Nude clubs - Sun-Thu 8pm to 2AM. Fri, Sat 8pm to 4AM.

No breaks except for food delivery, barthroom, and no customer; only in emergencies can they even leave during breaks. Guess the mgt thinks, if they leave the bldg, it's to sell BJs in the parking lot. The few dancers allowed to leave for that purpose (in 1 club I know) also provide BJs to the manager after hours.

Isis
05-13-2004, 12:46 PM
I've worked as little as 3 hours to as many as 11 hours depending on club policy. The 11 was more than one shift ofcourse

I think 8 hours is probably the most common for me

Malibu
05-14-2004, 03:23 AM
I used to work 8 hours as standard. However on quiet Mondays, it was 6-7 and on special busy nights (e.g. football nights) it was 9-10 (meaning we opened an hour early and shut an hour late. We would all be SO exhausted but loaded ;D!).

The club I will be working at this summer is 6 hours standard with 7 hours on the weekend.