PDA

View Full Version : Pistons/Lakers

Richard_Head
06-15-2004, 08:37 PM
WOW, what a complete dismantling of the Lakers, I know that there are a couple of Lakers fans here, but I loved seeing it.

doc-catfish
06-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Congrats Pistons! The BAD BOYS are back baby!!

That look of Shaq sitting dejected on the bench as the clock was winding down says a thousand words. Let's hope people in Detroit don't torch half the city in celebration like the last time the Pistons won.

:fight:

Moneywise
06-15-2004, 10:26 PM
The Lakers absolutely stunk up the whole series. As they just noted on ESPN, It was the first 5 game sweep in the history of the NBA.

I bleed purple & gold but can recognize guts when I see it. My hat is off to Detroit. Hopefully those building hold up under the intense flames which are about to engulf them.

SportsWriter2
06-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I posted this (gratuitously) on another thread this morning.

You gotta love Chauncey Billups. When he got the MVP trophy last night, I was hoping he'd say HI to Rick Pitino, who gave up on him as a point guard in Boston.

LA will be dismantled. Kobe to prison or NY, Karl and Gary to the old folks home, Phil to Montana. The heavier Shaq gets, the worse he shoots foul shots. There, I got it all out.

Afterthoujght: Detroit looks to be a power for years to come with Darko waiting in the wings. But does Detroit deserve a winner? This is the city where vandals invented "Devil's Night" on the night before Halloween. They burn cars, buildings, whatever lights up.

Richard_Head
06-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Wow, the Lakers could very well be a very different team next year. Phil Jackson is out, Shaq has demanded a trade, Kobe wants to check out free agency, Karl Malone will probably retire. LOL, I love it.

Jay Zeno
06-19-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't follow basketball much. But the Nuggets were the most improved team in basketball this last year, going from the bottom of the sewer to making the playoffs. Kobe could go to Denver. Travel would be easier, either to the courthouse or the halfway house, and Denver could use him.

OK, so it's a little whimsical.