PDA

View Full Version : Picture editing Programs

FBR
07-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I was wondering if you guys have a recommendation on a decent picture editing program. I used to have software (I think it was called Photopaint or something like that) but it went bye bye when I upgraded my hard drive a year or so ago. At the moment I use IE to open jpegs but from what I can tell you cant do shit with it as far as edits go. Id like to be able to open jpegs, bmp etc and also be able to edit them (resize, airbrush etc).

Any suggestions? Shareware would be nice but I dont have a problem spending a reasonable amount since it will be useful for work related stuff too.

Thanks for your help!

FBR

WiseGuy_TX
07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Paint Shop Pro has reached the quality level of Adobe's programs. http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/

And if you want an old simple version of it. http://ds1.gnaunited.com/psp/psp412.zip

You might try some of these too.
http://www.nonags.com/nonags/gredit.html

If you have a zillion pictures and want to just view pictures/movies, do enhancements (no airbrushing) or convert pics then this may be the best and its free. You can use the PGUP/PGDN keys or space bar to view pics in a folder too. http://www.irfanview.com/

Moneywise
08-10-2004, 07:51 AM
The Adobe Photoshop is the Cadillac of photo editing programs. However, just as Wiseguy mentioned, Paint Shop Pro has made great strides and it the best place to start if you're just getting into photo editing.

doc-catfish
08-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Paint Shop Pro is the best piece of software I ever bought and is available at a fraction of what the latest version of Photoshop costs.

My current avatar, (and a number of previous ones) are PSP creations.

<----------

threlayer
09-12-2004, 07:13 AM
I like CompuPic, but haven&#039;t tried PSP in many years. It have many editing convenience features, plays multimedia, helps organize your collection, does thumbnails, etc. (I hear it will do your other fingers too if you buy the deluxe version.)

Tiff_7_17
09-23-2005, 11:43 PM
<Shrugs>
Best hands down would have be pirated photoshop. All photoshop with none of the cost.
Have any comp savvy friends? I'm sure you could score a copy.

Tiff_7_17
09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I know i'm probably gonna get burned in this thread for my obvious lack of remorse for my actions in the context of pirating, but we all know we do it with music...to me it's not any different with programs if you take the time to learn how to do it.

Miss. Kristina Lee
09-24-2005, 08:54 AM
i like picasa a lot its made by google unfortunatly i have a mac now and they dont have that for mac :(

dlabtot
09-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Gimp, Picasa, are all good

Rhiannon
09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll echo those who said PSP (Paint Shop Pro). I've used the program for years, and love it. I use v7.04. I've tried the latest versions, but I'm still partial to the one I've used for so long.

I've also grown fond of PhotoImpact (I use version 10). I'm amazed at what that program can do.

If you want either program, let me know, and I can send a copy out to you.

Mastridonicus
09-24-2005, 10:23 PM
If you want FREEWARE editing.

Look for GIMP.

Or XnVIEW.

Tiff_7_17
09-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Well I've got one on my side then, lol.

SportsWriter2
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Two on your side if you pirate Capt Jim's headband and leather pants.

Rhiannon
09-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Well I've got one on my side then, lol.

Oh, I'm right there with ya too, Tiff. The day I spend $300 on one software program is the day that I let the Hubby do me in the pooper. Heh

SportsWriter2
09-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Picasa for picture editing and organizing. MWSnap for saving screens or crops of screens. Both free and easy to use.

jannisary
09-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I've just started messing with photo software. I've downloaded Serif's PhotoPlus 6, which is a free older version. I did have to register the software and give out an e-mail address. So far its been a good learnng experience.

I've heard on a podcast..ThisWeekinTech or TWIT, about a version of GIMP thats been altered to operate more like PhotoShop.