PDA

View Full Version : Officially Retired

Big D
08-28-2004, 08:37 AM
:party:
After 18 years in this biz I guess it is about time huh? Hubby has taken another DA job in a different city here way away from all the titty bars. I was going to work last night but decided to not go in again ever.

I will be attending graduate school and hopefully working in a treatment facility or with probation. Shit! Reality has hit! Guess that is why I went to school, got sober and changed my life so that it could. :goodvibes:

Ok, here is the real deal. I am scared. I have been able to do whatever tf I wanted to, spend money like crazy, work just a little, sleep in and make $100.00 an hour. This is a little freaky...The only real responsibilities I have had were getting to class and completing the required work, going to 12-step meetings and that is about it. I didn't want any other life changes in my first year of sobriety. Now, I have been sober almost 1/1/2 years, gotten married and am now moving and will be away from all of my friends, working a real job(?) and living a normal life? Thank God!
The stories I could tell...Thanks for listening...It is men like you who have helped me to survive. Just keep tipping, tipping, tipping.....
D

FBR
08-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Big D, hope your change in life direction works out well for you.

FBR

Richard_Head
08-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Congrats Big D, it sounds like you've really got you're shit together, best of luck to you ;D.

uranage
08-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Congrats on the new change and good luck.

SportsWriter2
08-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Big D, please stay with us and tell us how your transition is going. I think it would be good therapy for all of us.

Big D
08-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Ok - thats a Roger! Internet is already disconnected at my house so will periodically check in at the library.
Thanks guys - D