PDA

View Full Version : Severe Headache After Sex.......???

Kittie
09-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Ok. I have a problem. Or more accurately my BF has a problem. The last couple of times we've had sex, right as he's cumming and for about 10-20 minutes afterward he has had really intense headaches. Like really bad. Says his head is throbbing and the pain is almost unbearable.

Has this ever happened to anyone else??? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I think I saw something about it on the "Sunday Night Sex Show" last year but I can't remember what she said about it.

I seems to me like this might be some kind of blood pressure thing or something, but I'm not a doctor so I'm not really sure. Do you guys think this could be a sign of something really serious? Should I make him go to the doctor??

polecat
09-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Post coital headaches are actually not too uncommon amongst males, and 90% of the time they are totally harmless nor a sign of anything unusual.

Still, they can be rarely caused by an aneurysm or some form of restricted blood vessels or vascular disorder (neck, chest or similar).. so your husband should have an angiogram performed to rule out any possible health related issues.

Barring any possible health issues, he can probably find complete relief through the use of indomethacin (Indocin), which they will likely prescribe for him.

SportsWriter2
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
They're called exertion headaches. Sex is an aerobic sport. The harder and longer you play, the more you need Gatorade (during and after).

Kittie
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
What's an angiogram? Is it invasive or painful?

Casual Observer
09-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Hydration helps greatly in this regard.

Ahem, I mean that's what a friend of mine says, erm. Ahem.

mr_punk
09-11-2004, 05:35 PM
The last couple of times we've had sex, right as he's cumming and for about 10-20 minutes afterward he has had really intense headaches. Like really bad. Says his head is throbbing and the pain is almost unbearable.consider it a compliment ;). seriously, didn't you write in another thread that you were still recovering from your pregnancy? if you just started having sex again. it's no wonder he's having headaches after sex. he probably hasn't had a good pop in a while.

Has this ever happened to anyone else??? Has anyone ever heard of this happening?i have them myself, but not every time i have sex. for me, the likelihood of a headache depends on how much i am inspired by the skill level of my partner and/or my own level of lust. i guess it my body's way of telling me that the sex was really, really, really good. however, i wouldn't characterize my own headaches as throbbing (only for minute or so at most after sex) for 10-20 minutes or even close to being almost unbearably painful. it's more like a very mild ringing headache in my head undercut by a feeling of euphoria :cloud9:.

I seems to me like this might be some kind of blood pressure thing or something, but I'm not a doctor so I'm not really sure. Do you guys think this could be a sign of something really serious? Should I make him go to the doctor??it's can't hurt, but i would be more worried, if i noticed these symptoms also occurring outside of sex.

polecat
09-13-2004, 05:04 PM
What's an angiogram? Is it invasive or painful?

Not really painful. They put an IV in your arm, then shoot you through a kind of xray machine. Takes a few minutes. Then you're done.

Any congested circulation spots, clotting or aneurysms show up clear as day.

Gynger
04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I get intense headaches after sex... always have when I have really big O's... never outside of the bed though...

merely_lurking
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I've had that happen to me, but only during marathon sessions where I've come multiple times in a row.

A_Guy
04-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Yup... this has happened to me also. What CO and JZ said is very true - Hydrate!! Plus he'll have a bigger.... ummmm.... release ;)

yoda57us
04-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I would have him go see a doctor. Headaches can be harmless or a symptom of far greater problems. The aneurysm is a possibility as is hypertension. We are the last people you should be asking for a medical diagnosis. Have him see adoctor, you'll both feel better.

Sh0t
04-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I get my headaches before sex, when I'm still listening to whatever the chick is saying

dollylocks
04-17-2005, 10:45 PM
i dont get headaches, but i do get nauseous after giving oral sex... maybe its the same thing?

or not...

Nicolina
05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Lately, I've been getting this headache thing right after I get myself off....Then again, I've lately been cumming much harder than usual.