PDA

View Full Version : Rants From The Booth

Pages : [1] 2

phillydj
10-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Yes…this will be posted on another board so there. This is getting out of control and I SO need to vent, I Don’t even know where to begin. Mind you, this has all happened to me in ONE WEEK, so let’s start there. Now, business at my club ahs been slow for whatever reason baseball playoffs, election, boring girls with no clue, take your pick) so FINALY last Friday I have a half decent crowd of guys who are OBVIOUSLY into rock. How do I know??? Because there STANDING ON THERE BAR STOOLS AND THROWING WADS OF MONEY ON STAGE to every girl (all two of them) dancing to rock and IGNORING the others. So I go up to one of the girls who I DID like (until this point) who usually dances to hip-hop, she should do one rock song. What do I get for “looking out”??? “No, I want RAP. Even after SHOW her the guys hooting and hollering she says “fuck them, I want rap”. WTF?????? So I call her one away and she YELLS “and none of that rock shit”. So guess what???? THEY LEAVE, ALL TEN OF THEM. But hell, she got rap, tipped me under the minimum and hasn’t been back since, just great. Is the owner mad, you bet. But you know why I can’t do anything???? Because the girls will LITTERALY tell me (yes, this is a quote) “fuck you asshole, play my fuckin music or no tip”. And THEN the owner wonders why I don’t explain things to them. Say WHAT??? I don’t like being talked to that way, so why bother. Is anything said to them when I complain about being cursed at, no, I get “why do you let them get to you”. WHY????? Because I think I deserve a LITTLE respect when I’m trying to help these selfish girls make a living. Here's a friggin hint, play music guys like, guys stay longer, spend more money, drink more, EVERYONE MAKES OUT. I would THINK it was an easy concept to grasp. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I get girls looking at me with the whole “what-the-fuck-is-this-your-not-getting-tipped” look on there face as a customer is telling me how cool the music is and “who is this, where can I get it”. NOW, lets flash forward to tonight and YES, this all happened in one evening believe it or not. Oh, where should I start????? Lets start with…hey, are we here to make money or be cool and hang out with our friends and cool guys who will nurse there Corona back from the FUCKIN’ GRAVE, but wont tip a canoe? So I got my young thugs in, chillin’ just because a titty bar is the new cool place to be (I blame Lil’Kim but hey) and not spending NOTHING. Meanwhile I have a 40 something guy in a suit with 10’s and 20’s and ones fanned out in front of him like he was on the world series of poker. Does anyone go and talk to him????? HELL NO. He wasn’t COOL enough I get. THIS GUY WAS LIKE QUINT DROPPING CHUM IN THE WATER AND NO ONE WOULD BITE. I just sat in the booth and laughed. Oh get this…two girls SAW the money…HE WAS OBVIOUS HE WANTED TO SPEND…but NO…..THEY HAD TO GO TO THE DRESSING ROOM TO CALL THERE FRIGGIN BOYFRIENDS. I swore if any girl told me there was no money tonight I was gonna slug them. Of course he left and I ACTUALY apologized to him…me…THE FUCKIN DJ. And before someone jumps on me asking why I didn’t point him out to the girls…I DIDN’T HAVE TO. As he LEFT he made a BIG production of folding up his money as he looked around. He was BEGGING for some attention, but hey, I guess because he was older and in a suit and not a wearing baggy jeans and a gold chain out of a bubble gum machine with a hoodie on his time wasn’t worth it. OH…OH…OH get me started on HOODIES now. So, tonights bartender is one of our dancers with an “I’m the best thing since cheese even thou I’ve been dancing a month” attitude. Fine, I’ve dealt with that before. But three people come in and one is so OBVIOUSLY under 21 (drinking age in NJ) it’s PAINFUL. So I WATCHER her ask them for I.D. And I WATCH no one give it to her…and she SERVES THEM ANYWAY. Sometimes I have to put on the manager hat (as all d.js may do) so I call her to the end of the bar and ask her just THIS nicely “Hun, did you card those three”(knowing damn well the answer) and what do I get, JUST for asking???? “Yeah I fucking carded them, why don’t you just do your job, last time I checked I was the fuckin bartender and you’re just the fuckin dj so leave me alone or go card them yourself asshole”. Once again….WTF??????? I’m sorry if you want to be the “cool” bartender but I know the signs of someone under age after 11 years in this biz. And frankly we could loose our liquor license if they were even caught INSIDE the bar, let alone drinking. So I call the owner over (after telling him what a bitch said bartender was) and guess what???? You got it, NO I.D…….I tried my best to not look surprised but was too busy laughing. So after putting EVERYONES job in jeopardy, LYING about carding them, and catching an attitude with me for just ASKING her, she gets REWARDED by the other owner letting her do a couch dance. Not to sound redundant but…..WTF??????? So, you put the entire welfare of everyone in jeopardy and you get REWARDED????? And then….THEN…….someone shows up two and a half hours LATE to there shift and then gets to stiff me on there tip…..oh trust me the house got THERE end, but not I. Now this is being walked out on earlier in the night by a girl so…let’s just say I won’t even post what I made cause IM ASHAMED OF HOW LOW IT IS. And its funny, I have all of 2 girls right now who listen to me, let me do my job, and they make money. I throw them a curve on stage and they know I’m doing it to make them money. Example: Thursday night, hip-hop galore. A customer comes up to me and says “what, you don’t know anything about rock (to look at me you would know how dumb a question that is, ask Worthington, Tori, or MrChristopher)? SO I pull one of my “I trust you girls” who likes the reggae over and I say “trust me”. She nods, winks, I rock her and guess what…..VIP room baby. I just want to make the girls, the club, and myself money…..why won’t anyone let me…..end rant….for now.

onlythebest
10-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Damn dude,I'm sorry about all that.Things will get better.

blondhottie
10-22-2004, 04:22 AM
It's amazing how many girls don't know how to do their jobs. Obviously a guy in his 40's wearing a suit is not going to want to hear Lil' Kim or 50 Cent. I like listening to rap, but I don't play it at work. I listen to it on my own time. Most guys in their 40's and older have told me that they hate rap.

I hear you about girls not approaching customers with money either. There have been many times where I've walked up to a guy and he has said that I'm the first dancer to approach him all night. Then some girls (the ones who always complain about making no money) either sit in the dressing room all day or sit with the cute 21 and 22 year old guys who spend no money on them.

Sorry you had a shitty week; hope it gets better. :)

Blade
10-22-2004, 08:57 AM
I like this idea...Why don't we have a dj rant section here in music mix(where we can vent to each other)?
Rants from the booth Stays in my opinion...rant on brother djs
On a side note I'm goin to check out a club tonight that just reopened, so wish me luck

kryssy
10-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Best of Luck Blade!!

DJ_WuLf
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm IN for a DJ Section. Hook us up Mastah Mod.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
PREACH ON! yes yes, rants from the booth needs to stay. i envision it having about 1200 entries within a few months. i'll rant later, as im eating lunch right now.

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
>:( djs never get enough credit....and there are a plethora of dumb dancers who say irritating things to the dj ( i know you all know I am sure I dont need examples)....sometimes as a dancer dealing with annoying rude or out of line customers can be bad...but at least we can choose to ignore and walk away...you guys stuck with annoying rude and out of line dancers on a daily bases that you cant seem to get away from. I dont know how you guys do it....much praise to the djs!
Sorry your day/ week was bad PhillyDJ.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
aww thanks miss tori. you rock. but hey, you still can't touch my computer.

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
wait till you are unexpecting...and BAHM I am going straight for the spacebar!!!
}:D

phillydj
10-22-2004, 12:50 PM
....note to self...hide laptop on saturday night.......

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 01:01 PM
I promise not to touch your lap top ......

Just the cds...

lol

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 01:02 PM
it's a little known side-effect that hitting the spacebar on my computer causes the muppets to be played while you're onstage.

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
note to self *bring kermit outfit to work *

Blade
10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
could be worse..you could have to suffer thru my revenge...techno smurfs!

Djoser
10-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Damn, Philly, I'm with you on all of this--which I have had to deal with at one time or another myself...

Thus far I have kept my DJ rants to a minimum, except about 18 months ago when I was working for a club managed by the most inept, clueless moron--well, don't get me started, cuz I gotta go.

I have ranted here more about the conditions the dancers have to deal with that suck. But there are a lot of things DJs have to deal with, and unfortunately sometimes its some of the dancers, lol.

Anyway, I liked your rant. Hang in there, brother, it'll get better.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 01:40 PM
oh i have the techno smurfs as well. i used to have a cd that just said "bitch" on it, i'm sure you can figure out the rest. oh and tori, if you have a kermit outfit and you havent worn it, i am aghast. bust that shit out! i'm still debating what to wear for halloween party action at the club. i have a priest outfit, a really nice one my wife made, but it's thick and id probably sweat to death. OR i have a pink tankdress flowery 70's mumu thing that is tight and shows off my hairy chest and pudgy belly nicely. i might have to go with that. and perhaps a blonde wig. i wont shave for a week either to complete the terrifying spectacle. thats what i wore at oasis last year and everyone was suitably amused/disgusted.

phillydj
10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
I sir was horrified at your apperance last year.........DO IT AGAIN,lol.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
yeah it WAS pretty bad. and im pudgier now, too. that dress is folded on the shelf in my closet. i think i must. i'll just borrow a sassy wig from one of the sistahs and POW it's on. i think the rolled down white socks/converse combo completed the look nicely.

Blade
10-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Post pictures of it!

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:17 PM
hmmm....i'll consider it. it's pretty ugly, be warned.

Blade
10-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Can't be worse than some of the carpet I've seen.....I'll dress as a broad this Halloween and post pics of me just to back ya up,lol!

phillydj
10-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Dont we have pix of you and me from that party...Im sure one of us must have taken them down from the booth on our dismissal.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
i think i did take the pics down off the wall, yeah but i have NO idea what i did with them afterwards. you gonna dress up? you should be a hot chick too. we'll all do it!

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:37 PM
wait. i remember those pics now....that was the "any shot for a dollar" party where i think angel was working and you and i just got shitfaced drinking a bajillion shots . since that's so out of character for us and all, being the fine upstanding tee-totaller citizens we are. oh and i do recall taking my undies off at some point, in the dressing room. heeeeee.

Blade
10-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok so Dea has decided that I am dressing as a stripper this year....god help us all!

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:44 PM
philly_dj already has long luscious flowing locks so he's halfway there.

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:46 PM
:::waits:::

Blade
10-22-2004, 02:50 PM
hahaaha...:sings I remember you as I stroke my hairless head:
It's too bad we all live so far away from each other..or I live so far away whatever..Imagine the pictures we could take!

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
If you boys are dressing as "hot chicks" I am deffinately bringing the camera that night!!!

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:54 PM
shouldnt you be getting ready for work, young lady?

MrChristopher
10-22-2004, 02:56 PM
woo look i hit "senior member"~! :::does the cabbage patch:::

okay, i'm off to see Ministry/Thrill Kill Kult/Hanzel Und Gretyl~! wheeee

ToriBaltimore
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
procrastinating.........I know I know. Have fun at your show!

Djoser
10-22-2004, 07:22 PM

GodDAMN I am so jealous!!!

I f**king LOVE Ministry and TKK!!

Have fun!!

Blade!! What's up? Didja get it? Let us know...

phillydj
10-22-2004, 11:58 PM
.....hey wait just a damn second here......I shuffle my happy ass off to work and come home to find out Im dressing up as a chic????? Well dip me in oil and call me Suzy. And yes, that was the night we raped the bar, bet thery re-thought that any shot for a dollar thing after we were done,lol.....Oh god...I'm rembering some of the shit I did that night.....NO....MUST..........SUPPRESS............ .......... Tastes JUST like chicken...........Noooooooooooo

CrescentLuna
10-23-2004, 12:41 AM
mwuhaha, I've been threatening to bring in the stupid stuff I want to dance to when I'm being silly - my DJ is mystified, because any any any time he has asked what I want to dance to I'm like "whatever you think suits, eeeehhhh... maybe older rock stuff?" I think he is amazed I have a musical preference. ;)
I still think a bar full of young guys would appreciate StrongBad Sings. ;9

My boyfriend is totally reneging on me being the football star and him being the cheerleader. Jerk. He'd still be the head cheerleader, even with the full beard. :D I think we're gonna be mortal kombat characters.

Blade
10-23-2004, 04:26 AM
So I drag my ass to the first audition I've ever done.....AUDITIONS FUCKING SUCK!!!I spoke to the manager and impressed him with just my speaking voice he wanted to put my happy ass on the schedule without hearing my spiel. Then we get to the dj booth and I audition for the head dj(I thought I sucked big time!). To make a short story longer...they aren't sure what's going on dj wise right now cuz one of the other djs friends auditioned the night before, but the manager sure seemed like he wants me in there...as I left he was telling the dj to find room for me somehow, somewhere....We shall see:fingers crossed:

Djoser
10-23-2004, 04:36 AM
Sounds good, Blade, and I can commiserate--I hate auditions, too.

If it's any consolation, my favorite DJ, 'The Indian'--with 25+ years experience working in the best and biggest clubs in Florida, still hates auditions, lol. This guy is a wizard, too--I once saw him get about 35 felons and killers from all over the world (members of an international biker gang who shall remain nameless) to do a conga line dance.

If I had even thought of suggesting such a thing, they would still be looking for the body...

Blade
10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
lmao!!!

MrChristopher
10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
hey djoser, does "the indian"'s name start with an "M"? if so, i know him from about...oh, let's see....12 years ago in orlando at club juana. heh. and if it who i think it is, he's actually italian which is even funnier. oh, and as for the show the other night, TKK sucked,BADLY. they opened with "cuz it's hot" and i stood there thinking "wow this sounds really flat", just no stage presence, and no guitar player. yes, they played sex on wheelz without a guitar player. go figure. ministry were typical ARGH ministry with very few older songs, they closed with a 10 minute version of "jesus built my hotrod" and this was the first time since 88 or so they havent played "stigmata" when i saw them. a good time was had, but i wasnt terribly impressed.

MrChristopher
10-25-2004, 09:20 AM
and oh yes, auditions suck it. i dont get nervous or anything, but it's certainly no way to test if you're really all that good. plus when they put you in the booth, you feel like you're invading someone's turf....and you want to sound good enough to get hired but not good enough that you're better than their existing head dj who is standing right behind you, or he'll sabotage you in a heartbeat. lame lame lame.

sassfire
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Well I've known some djs who were cool and I have known some who were jerks. They are only decent to the girls who tip them a lot (never gave me a reason to give them a fucking dime), or their freinds. I'm not saying that they have to kiss my ass, but they do have to give me some mutual respect. That is like a stripper only approaching the guys who have spent x amount of dollars on her and being rude to the rest (some girls do this). You have to deal with personalities all the time at a job. That is a part of life.

X Evan X
10-31-2006, 02:48 AM
Holy thread-resurrections

-E

Djoser
10-31-2006, 03:17 AM

Damn, this post is two years old and I'm still envious, lol.

Did we ever get a review of the show from my esteemed colleague, Mr. C?

This could be my all-time favorite thread, and it's sorely tempting to make it a sticky.

I could write a book on the subject, some of which would piss a lot of people off, but it should be told nonetheless. That'll have to wait...

Approaching mild intoxication, and more than a bit spacy from having finished a very busy night, I can barely write this--let alone post any sort of new and glorious rant, such as this classic OP by Philly DJ.

In fact I am forcing myself to continue typing right now, in order to tell you that I just opened another window to verify that this was the immortal classic 'Vent From the Booth' that I recalled, penned by Philly_DJ, which had me in hysterics when I first read it. Indeed it was, for no sooner had I read a few sentences from the middle to make sure when I started cracking up again--having gone through the exact same shit a few times.

MrChristopher
10-31-2006, 09:32 AM
There was a very brief review, just a few comments up there. ^^^ It wasn't a very good show.

sassfire
10-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry about that I haven't been on for a few years and this one interest me. So what is your insight on my Male thinking (http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76179) thread in the hustle section ( and I know the title is an oxymoron).

MrChristopher
08-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Resurrection:

Okay, I'm a pretty damn swell guy, if I do say so myself. (Which I do.) ;D Yeah. So. I understand that people have personal issues, blah blah. However, I won't accept your "Oh, I gotta pay my kid's tuition" or some similar excuse for not tipping me more than twice. You did two maybe three 30 minute VIP's tonight, and you can't throw me the bare minimum? Not even an "I'll get you later"? DJ's, ever notice it's always the girl who bitches the most, asks for the most astonishingly crowd-killing songs, and then...tips for shit? Guess what, sweet tits? Next time you ask for that new hot jam? "Sorry, MY kids needed shoes." Suck it. I really do go out of my way for "my girls". If you don't give me a reason to bother, why should I? It's simply rude. (This is this girl's 5th time pulling this, btw)

:endrant:

Callyish
08-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Aww MrC!!! If it makes you feel any better Scarlett and I are talking about scooting down to work with you for a week in the near future... so there now you have something else to be upset about ;)

MrChristopher
08-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Pffft. Whatever. You love Scotty.

::cries himself to sleep::

Callyish
08-16-2007, 01:20 AM
:rotfl: Your married to a hot wife I had to settle for the next best since your off the market :P

Either way Scarlett and I were in serious talks about hitting up Creekside soonish(wont be before Oct but still!) So now your prepared and you can book your vacation lol... see now you can stop being pissed about the cheap bitch and be pissed off you have to put up with me for a week lol