PDA

View Full Version : Desperate- LIFE OF AGONY

madmaxine
10-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Please, I need to know if any NYC locals know about what's been going on with Life of Agony. I heard they re-grouped recently...I love this band. The web info is scarce. I know if you've heard them you'll know why I'm asking. Please respond.

Blade
10-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Life Of Agony's early career was rooted in New York hardcore, and their debut album, River Runs Red, mixed that aggression with with a metal/thrash base. The followup, Ugly, showed a different side of the band, opting for a more soulful, emotive, style of dark metal bordering on alternative, and the third album, Soul Searching Sun, reportedly furthers the Ugly style. A vocalist switch ensued (Keith Caputo deciding to leave, replaced by Whitfield Crane (ex-Ugly Kid Joe), but seemingly unable to find a niche, the band broke up some time later. Two posthumous albums have been released in 2000, one a set of unreleased demos and the other a live album. Several members are involved in new bands (see links below). In January 2003 the original lineup reunited for a couple of shows, which are now released as River Runs Again. The band has since signed to Epic Records, and expect to release an album in early 2005.

Keith Caputo vocals Joey Zampella guitars (see also ) Alan Robert bass Dan Richardson drums (see also , , ) former members Sal Abruscato drums (see also )

madmaxine
10-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Thank you so much, Blade. I highly recommend this band to hard rock/ metal fans. Some of the songs are strip-danceable also.

Blade
10-24-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm curious to hear the whitfield crane version of LOA....and you're welcome

gdtek
01-13-2005, 11:30 PM
I had a LoA album at one time. I bought it maybe 7 years ago? It had an orange cover I think. It's probably still laying around here somewhere. It had a song I was addicted to on it when I was first picking up the guitar called "My Mind is Dangerous" I think, something like that. Is that the same band? I wouldn't mind finding that cd or others by them soon.

g

MrChristopher
01-14-2005, 01:11 AM
i have "river runs red" and "ugly". good band. i saw them live at one point years ago...i think it was for "ugly". they do a cover of...um...i think simple minds "dont you forget about me" on that one. i havent heard anything about them getting back together until now, but it could be interesting i suppose.

madmaxine
01-14-2005, 03:37 AM
gdtek- that's "Soul Seaching Sun", from 1997.
Mr. Christopher- the cover of "Don't You Forget About Me" is galvanizing...Keith Caputo has a wonderful operatic syle of singing. The Canadian music channel MuchMusic did a segment on them last year covering the reunion....Keith's vocals sounded a little dimmed, but I'm sure he'll be back up to speed for a new album and tour.
I hope they'll get more recognition this time around- especially considering the pop music scene today........