PDA

View Full Version : How Do Old Rock Stars......

madmaxine
10-24-2004, 05:23 AM
.....stay looking so youthful? Did they REALLY sign a pact with Satan? I saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith on TV at the Sox- Cardinals game.....he looked fresher and dewier than I do, and this man is middle aged and did enough drugs to kill several horses.....(several times over.....)
My favorite Rock Star Youth Elixir story is Keith Richards getting his blood switched out in a Swiss clinic...on a regular basis...(Robin Williams was wondering if it went down like an automotive oil change......)
Just wondering if anyone knows.....or has ideas.......

Bridgette
10-24-2004, 06:29 AM
The same way ALL aging celebs do. Lots of makeup, lighting, and effects tricks. Oh and don't forget the plastic surgery.

afxturnip
10-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Well, look at how old William S. Burroughs was before he died (not that he ever looked that good mind you), but it's amazing that he reached that age and outlived most of the celebs from the Beat Generation. And he had enjoyed lethal levels of heroin and sodomy on a much-too-frequent basis.

Maybe that's the trick! Heroin and sodomy!

}:D

-afx

Topaz
10-24-2004, 07:00 AM
they're doing what they enjoy doing...making music...they have a career that they love...instead of just working a job that barely pays bills...let alone get anything one wants....

that reduces the negative stress that will age someone beyond their years...fewer worries...fewer wrinkles...and everything else that goes along with the aging process...

Jay Zeno
10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Well.... it's true that Keith Richards looks unchanged. But then again, he's always looked like shit.

The real shining example I saw was at an Emerson Lake & Palmer retro concert. Emerson and Lake had gotten middle-aged, chunky, and slow - but Carl Palmer was in shape, beating the drums like a madman, shirtless, fit, toned, and looking all of about 19, from where I sat. Incredible.

Katrine
10-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Well he's not exactly a "rock" star but.........

I saw Ibrahim Ferrer, who was featured in Buena Vista Social Club, and the man has got to be 90 years old, looks old, but was singing, dancing, bouncing around, huge grin on his face.....he didn't look young, but he eminated youthfullness and happiness......