PDA

View Full Version : Songs like G. Love's Cold Beverage?

laree
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Help me out here. I stumbled on to this song by accident. I usually dance to a lot of Led Zeppelin, but Cold Beverage by G. Love is perfect for me. It's a little funky and the beat and the pace of the song are just right for me to really mix it up and shake it. I've looked into other stuff by G. Love, and some of it's okay; it's all pretty similar but most of it's slower than this one. I don't know if anyone's heard it, but if so, can you think of other that are along the same lines?

MrChristopher
10-25-2004, 08:56 AM
i played "cold beverage" once, years ago when it first came out. (G. Love is from here, incidentally). anyway, one of the owners came into the booth, asked what the song i was playing was, took the case and wrote "the next person who plays this is fired" on the case. and that was that.

laree
10-25-2004, 10:46 AM
HaHahahaha! I can see a manger saying that. It's kind of a goofy song. Sucks though, I think it's really fun to dance to. Every dj I've asked to play it hasn't heard of it, though if they had, I don't know if they'd wanna play it. But as a dancer in a city where girls can get by with doing stuff like dancing strictly to Fleetwood Mac, hopefully I can get by with it. It's hard finding songs that make me smile when I dance. But guys totally respond to a girl that's having a blast. I made more tips with that song than any other.

dyeemblonde
09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
If you like cold beverage then give "my baby got sauce" a listen...it's my favorite G love and Special Sauce song...and I have a blast dancing to it.

JumbliesMan
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
G Love is awesome, he's one me and Jumblies favorite musicians. She also likes to dance to Soul Coughing or Mike Doughty's solo stuff, but that's pretty rare to find as well.

Personally, if some girl was on stage dancing to G Love or Doughty, I would totally get dances from her. Fuck that manager and his lack of taste.

djterminal
09-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Ha! I play that song all the time at my club. There are actually a few dancers that like it.

As far as other songs like it... check out some of the Jack Johnson and Ben Harper stuff. Some is mellow and sad, but there is plenty that is just like G. Love. Also, if you can find it.... I know of a smaller band called "The Matthew Moon Band" and their last two albums have some great stuff on there.

Gynger
09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I used to dance to Jack Johnson!!! Always got a stare down from the manager but the guys dug it!