PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Songs to Dance To

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

azamber
10-26-2004, 03:40 AM
K, I have to get this off my chest.

There are certain songs that should NOT be played in strip clubs, and unforunately, most of the people who need to know that, won't be reading this. But for those who may be, here's my list of 10 songs NOT to play in a strip club. And it needs to be said, because too many girls do it.

1) Obie Trice - Got Some Teeth (uh, "And if I leave here tonight and I fall asleep, and wake up, hopefully she's got some teeth")
2) Lords of Acid - Crab Louse("There to stay, sucks all day, there to bite, my parasite" EW!!!!)
3) Radiohead - Creep ("But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here")
4) Poe* - Angry Johnny ("I wanna kill you, I wanna blow you away")
5) Lords of Acid - Stripper (this song is actually making fun of us)
6) Nerd - Lapdance ("Now you can get this lapdance here for free")
7) South Park - Chef - Salty Chocolate Balls (yes, I know a girl who dances to this, and I hope she forgives me if she ever reads this, love ya girl!)
8 ) Pennywise - Bro Hymn Tribute (NOT sexy)(BTW, did you know you can't type 8 ) without a space between or else it will turn out like this: 8) ?)
9) Anything by Slayer (even though I love about 13 of thier songs, it's just not sexy)
10) Alice In Chains - Down in a Hole ("Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved. See my heart I decorate it like a grave")

Anyone care to add a number 11?

ToriBaltimore
10-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Its actually Angry Johnny by Poe.....

I hate when people dance to "stripper" by Body count....

"stripper I want my dick sucked...stripper I want to bust a nut...worse than a whore you wont fuck!" ewwww....

azamber
10-26-2004, 11:53 AM
My bad, you're right. That's what I meant. lol

Good addition!

BigGreenMnM
10-26-2004, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=azamber]4) Garbage - Angry Johnny ("I wanna kill you, I wanna blow you away")
(/quote)
She is right,its Poe.
Im not crazy about any songs that are slow and talk about killing yourself,killing your SO,or killing your household pet.
depressing music is just so dam depressing.Its not good for money.

(quote)
5) Lords of Acid - Stripper (this song is actually making fun of us)(/quote)
Body count.UGH FUCKING UGH!!!!!!!
I actually put this song on all the companies comps myself.Guilty as charged.

I absolutely REFUSE to play this song ever!No amount of money can get me to do it,no mgr can request it,you cant even blow me in the booth to get it.Even the owner knows i go home before i play it.
(can you tell its been the topic of many dj meetings??lol)
Its my belief that the song is offensive to what we do and everyone in the room.
Its not a good song regardless of what kind of music you call it.Its not good rap,its not good rock,it sucks in any catagory imo.
In the middle of the song it has a 30 second or so DEAD AIR SPOT!!!! that kills the tempo of any room!Even people not paying attention to the song will stop what they are doing during this dead spot to see whats up.

I put it on the comps for the other dj's because so many nit noid entertainers still think its cool to dance to.

Not on my watch Mr President!

(quote)
6) Nerd - Lapdance ("Now you can get this lapdance here for free")(/quote)

Im alright with this song and play it when asked.
good for a line or two for the dj also..
"you cant get it here for free,but you can get a two for one"
If i have no redheads working that night,
"you can get a lapdance here for free,but only from the sassy redheads" etc etc etc

(quote)
7) South Park - Chef - Salty Chocolate Balls (yes, I know a girl who dances to this, and I hope she forgives me if she ever reads this, love ya girl!)
(/quote)
your kidding right??
Maybe the first time would be funny on a dead night.Anything after that,the DJ should be taken out back and killed by all the other girls who are loosing money from that song being played..

I would say Body Count is my all time hated song.
I dont play any Michael Jackson either.
If Jane Fonda did an album,that would make the list also.

MisfitBunnie
10-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I worked with a girl who would only dance to Alicia Key's 'Falling' every time she went onstage. Whenever I hear that song I want to strangle whoever is nearby because I've heard it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times.

I like Prince but where I worked almost every girl danced to Prince and it got annoying.

Everything else I really don't mind.

The_Oceans
10-26-2004, 03:20 PM
May I cast a vote for "F**k You Blind" by Kid Rock? One of my ATFs, one of the sweetest and smartest gals I've ever met, always had this song played for her stage sets. I could never understand why.

kryssy
10-26-2004, 04:38 PM
How about Face Down Ass Up I think it's by Prince.

noelle
10-26-2004, 05:50 PM
A girl at my work always dances to Prince "Pussy Control" and then Lords of Acid "Show me your pussy". She is adorable and funny but I can't STAND when I get caught giving a dance to the second song. I can't dance sexy to a song about pussy with sounds of cats meowing in it!

Sirona
10-26-2004, 06:31 PM
How about Face Down Ass Up I think it's by Prince.
I'm pretty sure that's by 2 Live Crew. :)

Blade
10-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the list of songs Amber...If I'm hired at the club I'll make sure you hear all of 'em..heh!

Blade
10-26-2004, 06:41 PM
and yeah as far as I know ass down face up is 2live crew....

Katrine
10-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Angy Johhny and Stripper by NERD are actually prertty good club songs, and very popular in this neck of the woods. Its not like most of the customers are actually listening to the lyrics LOL!

azamber
10-27-2004, 12:05 AM
LOL Thanks Blade. I knew I could count on you baby! And while you're at it, play a bunch of country music, or that song I think by Adam Sandler, something about a shampoo bottle up his ass.... I'm sure that club would LOVE it!!!!

Djoser
10-27-2004, 04:16 AM
May I cast a vote for "F**k You Blind" by Kid Rock? One of my ATFs, one of the sweetest and smartest gals I've ever met, always had this song played for her stage sets. I could never understand why.I hear you, my friend, but like many other Kid Rock songs with extremely questionable lyrics, it's got a killer beat. My past rants against the lyrics of a lot of hard-core rap mention this as well. The difference seems to be that the older guys with money can usually handle Kid Rock, but will get up and leave if you play DMX.

I agree 100% that the lyrics suck, and we are not alone.

BigGreenMnM, what version of "Stripper" do you have? Mine doesn't have a 30 second gap, or I wouldn't play it. I confess I have never listened to the lyrics in detail, so never realized they were detrimental--I assumed with the Lords of Acid's past track record that they would be in favor of strippers. I'll have to check that out. I actually much prefer other LOA tracks by far, anyways.

When I first heard "Lapdance", by Nerd, I was turned off by the discordant beat, but the remix is tolerable. A lot of girls seem to like it, so I haave played it--but once again I confess to having paid little attention to it.

I would love to add a new song to the list, however!!

Matchbox20 "Push"

I hate this song!!

BigGreenMnM
10-27-2004, 08:56 AM
BigGreenMnM, what version of "Stripper" do you have? Mine doesn't have a 30 second gap, or I wouldn't play it. I confess I have never listened to the lyrics in detail, so never realized they were detrimental
It was done by Body Count ,then redone by NERD.
The NERD version isnt as bad,but you should still give the words a listen.

The Body count original,aside from the dead air spot,also has a portion of the song where the music stops,and whats his name screams"BITCH I WANT MY DICK SUCKED"

You should get the original im afraid,its a bona fied staple in alot of clubs.(just not on the nights I work:) )

MrChristopher
10-27-2004, 08:58 AM
i have never played it, never been asked to, and judging from what i am reading never will. i have played the lords of acid "stripper" once or twice, but i dont really like that either.

tRoUbLeMaKeR
10-28-2004, 01:46 PM
The worst I'd have to say is "Bitch" by ...hmmm.... meredith brooks I think.....

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother...."

Can't think of anymore right now but I know they're out there...... oh - that new incubus song is horrible to hear. Whether I'm dancing to it or another girl gets it I feel like we're on suicide watch or something!

rkcrox
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Although I like them both, two songs that should not be played: "Stupid Girl" by Garbage, and "That Smell" Lynard Skynard, for obvious reasons. I know I have more, but I have to run! I'll brainstorm behind the wheel.

rkcrox
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
By the way the DJ didn't do it, these were played off a jukebox.

Gerina
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
That damn "remake" Beyonce did with that obnoxious "I'm feeling sexy" It was supposedly all revolutionary in the 70s and now it's just tacky and I have to hear it everyday I work.

Lexi
11-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Ugly- by Bubba Sparks
Its self explanitory LOL

And a few others... I actually like lapdance by Nerd. ;)
I even like Ugly but not to dance.

disturbedfck
11-03-2004, 03:09 PM
"Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson. "White Trash Beautiful" by Everlast are my one two punch for the trailer park set.

I like the NERD remix of Lapdance. I usually throw in the Ultimix version of "Let's Get Naked".

missalovelady
11-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Whitny Houston-"Alwayz love you". Have seen this danced to recently.It was funny someone danced to it.

TigersMilk
11-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Someone once wanted the DJ to play the song from the little mermaid movie.....he did..oh god it was awful
I think it was called "up there" ...ya know"up there where the people are ..." I forget but its the part of the movie when shes singing to the crab thing about how she wanted to be with humans n stuff

grace
11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't know title or artist of this one, but the lyrics are along the lines of "You say your pussy's pretty and so slick/but I think your pussy's pretty sick" and on and on about how disgusting this person's cooch is. Could any song be *less* appropriate? But I've heard that one quite a few times...

Blade
11-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Thats pussy by lords of acid....

I wanna see your pussy
Everybody says it’s nice
Can I can and come and visit?
I’ll be at your house tonight

They tell me it’s soft to touch and really smooth
I can hardly wait to feel that pussy too
You wanna play with pussy all the time
To hide that kind of pussy is a crime
You say you’re pussy’s clever and so slick
But I think your pussy’s kind of sick

I wanna see your pussy, show it to me
Let me see your pussy, show it to me
Show me your pussy, show it to me
I want to see your pussy, show it to me

I want to bet your pussy ain’t as pretty as mine
I don’t hide my pussy like you do all the time
My pussy’s just the sweetest thing you’ve ever seen
Compared to mine your pussy’s really ugly and mean

I bring my pussy everywhere I go (m-hmm)
To watch my little pussy is a show
You say that your pussy really clever and slick
But I think your pussy’s really thick

She turns into a tiger when she’s ready to eat
My pussy’s always hungry for a big chunk of meat
So lay your little pussy right next to mine
You can bring her over around dinner time

My pussy is the hippest thing around (that’s right)
She’s always been the talk of the town
You say your pussy’s clever and so slick
But I think that your pussy’s mighty thick (me-ow baby)

grace
11-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Yup, that's the one! Now that I read the lyrics, I can see why someone would play it. I guess never heard it all the way through, and what I did hear sounded pretty gross.

Corey
11-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I am very depressed and at home tonight because of the racist shit I went throught working last night.

We only have a DJ three nights per week. Last night, I got retro on people's butts and played Nirvana's........"Rape Me."

I had interesting responses. I won't be playing it anytime soon.

Cheers:party:

Corey

Silverback
11-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Lynrd Skynrd - "That Smell"

Cold - "Stupid Girl"

Kid Rock - "Fuck You Blind"
(Get's way to much play at the club I go to; I count it as about my least favorite song, ever)

Most of the rest of the "death rock" type songs

CrescentLuna
11-07-2004, 01:34 PM
"She's Only Seventeen" ! Odds are we've played this for the odd girl or two we've gotten with fake IDs. Heheheh.

Amusing songs have to be APPROPRIATE. If you have a large group of young guys, salty balls might actually get them to tip stage. Yay!
You don't play disco for an elegant looking girl in an evening gown, but maybe a girl in shiny flair pants?
*poing* I is just thinking.

Silverback
11-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Saw a girl dance to this silly song a few years ago. No remaining image of the girl, but the song stuck in my head. So, yeah, sometimes the amusing songs work.:)

Diana Krall (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/diana-krall/)Popsicle Toes

When God gave out rhythm
Sure was good to you
You can add, subtract, multiply and divide by two

I know today’s your birthday and I did not buy no rose
But I wrote this song and instead I call it, popsicle toes

Popsicle toes
Popsicle toes are always froze
Popsicle toes
You’re so brave to expose all those popsicle toes

You must have been mr. olympian
With all that amplitude
How come you always load your pentax when I am in the nude
We are to have a birthday party and you can wear your birthday cloths
Then we can hit the floor and go explore those popsicle toes

You’ve got the nicest north of america
This sailor ever saw
I like to feel your warm brazil and touch your panama
But tierra del fuegos are nearly always froze
We’ve got to seesaw until we un-thaw those popsicle toes

The_Oceans
11-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Was going through my mp3 collection, and came across one of my favorite all-time songs. It's got a good beat and easy to dance to, but one that probably wouldn't fly in a strip club:

"We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off" by Jermaine Stewart.

SonicBones
11-20-2004, 11:03 PM
One of the most bizarre songs I EVER heard in a strip club was Jimi Hendrix-"All along the watchtower".My friends and I {Not to mention the dancer}lol were all looking at each other like what the fuck?

azamber
11-22-2004, 02:56 AM
What's wrong with that song? Seriously. I've danced to it before, I think it has ambiguous lyrics and a sensual feel. What's up SB?

SonicBones
11-22-2004, 11:25 AM
What's wrong with that song? Seriously. I've danced to it before, I think it has ambiguous lyrics and a sensual feel. What's up SB? Yeah but your hip Azamber;) I'm a huge Hendrix fan.The dancer just seemed too be struggling to find "The beat".

MrChristopher
11-22-2004, 11:29 AM
i was also thinking "wtf?"...i have played that song plenty of times. but yeah i guess the beat could be weird if you didnt know it.

SonicBones
11-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Trust me on this,It was painful to watch

azamber
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
lol thanks sonic. I guess I can see it if some hip hop girl got up there tryin to do that shit.

I keep hearing songs I want to add here, but my stoner ass can't remember them whenever I'm online. Oh well, you guys have added quite a few "good" ones.

And my g-friend STILL plays Salty Balls! She did it 2 nights ago LOL. The guys that night liked it, but I will say, it definitely kills a lapdance. She has so much fun with it, I don't have the heart to tell her I can't stand it.

MrChristopher
11-23-2004, 01:33 AM
i would so NEVER play "chocolate salty balls". well, unless it was dead. and i called the couch room to make sure no one was back there. and the girl onstage was okay with it. then...MAYBE. "put em in yo mouth and suck em".

SonicBones
11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
lol thanks sonic. I guess I can see it if some hip hop girl got up there tryin to do that shit.

I can only imagine if someone played the original version of "All Along The Watchtower" by it's author Bob Dylan.It's just him and an acoustic guitar.Now that would be truely interesting to dance to that.::)

DJ Maimed
05-06-2006, 09:58 PM
on a tumbleweeds night or when one of the girls comes up to the booth and mimics that little kid "I see Dead people" Chocolate salty Balls has been known to stir things up a little!!
hey Azamber, has your gf danced in Reno??
Lords of Acid songs always seem to be something the dancers like but the custy's never seem to care about. (personally, the "I'm a Stripper" song has a cool sound and beat and did well for the girls who played it in my experience, I wouldn't play it past 11 on a weekend though)
Hendrix did ok but I WAS in Reno, The Who and the Doors did better, you never hear them as much. I have a ton of respect for the dancer who nailed "Baba O'Reilly" and "Won't get Fooled Again". tough set to dance to, but as DJoser likes to point out, she could make it happen.

RoseWhite
05-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I made my first request-in-the-negative the other night. On my second shift I worked with a different DJ than I had the first night. Perfectly nice guy, but hip-hop was clearly his forte. He asked me what kind of music Iliked, and I do like a wide range of stuff - I told him to generally err of the side of NIN, Zombie, Tool, and the techno/industiral like; also current alternative like the White Stipes, Strokes, Hives, etc., but that I also like some Metallica, some silly old cheesy metal, Madonna, Prince, new wave, on and on. I wasn't trying to be high maintenance at ALL, I wanted to give him a very wide berth. I'm not that hard to please at all.

What did I get over and over? Evanescence, Linkin Park, and that Nickelback song that now makes me want to immediately leave the stage & go on strike until it's over. Those three songs, over and over again, varying in the order ONLY, every time I went up. Allow me to quote some samples; visualize me trying my best to move seductively to these sentiments:

I like your pants around your feet
I like the dirt that's on your knees
And I like the way you still say please
While you're looking up at me
You're like my favourite damn disease

I like the freckles on your chest
And I like the way you like me best
And I like the way you're not impressed,
While you put me to the test
I like the wine stains on your dress

And I love the way you pass the check
And I love the good times that you wreck
And I love your lack of self respect
While you're passed out on the deck
I love my hands around your neck

Great. "I like your lack of self-respect" as I'm reclining in front of a customer, trying to maintain some shred of floor-work dignity. I asked to never hear that song again, and couldn't help feeling a little insulted that he had decided this was my personal theme song in the first place. **sniff**

Sinful333
05-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I made my first request-in-the-negative the other night. On my second shift I worked with a different DJ than I had the first night. Perfectly nice guy, but hip-hop was clearly his forte. He asked me what kind of music Iliked, and I do like a wide range of stuff - I told him to generally err of the side of NIN, Zombie, Tool, and the techno/industiral like; also current alternative like the White Stipes, Strokes, Hives, etc., but that I also like some Metallica, some silly old cheesy metal, Madonna, Prince, new wave, on and on. I wasn't trying to be high maintenance at ALL, I wanted to give him a very wide berth. I'm not that hard to please at all.

What did I get over and over? Evanescence, Linkin Park, and that Nickelback song that now makes me want to immediately leave the stage & go on strike until it's over. Those three songs, over and over again, varying in the order ONLY, every time I went up. Allow me to quote some samples; visualize me trying my best to move seductively to these sentiments:

I like your pants around your feet
I like the dirt that's on your knees
And I like the way you still say please
While you're looking up at me
You're like my favourite damn disease

I like the freckles on your chest
And I like the way you like me best
And I like the way you're not impressed,
While you put me to the test
I like the wine stains on your dress

And I love the way you pass the check
And I love the good times that you wreck
And I love your lack of self respect
While you're passed out on the deck
I love my hands around your neck

Great. "I like your lack of self-respect" as I'm reclining in front of a customer, trying to maintain some shred of floor-work dignity. I asked to never hear that song again, and couldn't help feeling a little insulted that he had decided this was my personal theme song in the first place. **sniff**

I had to dance to that song the other night, I USED to like that song (but not to dance to). I to was working with a new DJ and had gone over the 'what do you like to dance to' question with my response... Social D, The Rev, Tool, Misfits, White Zombie, anything rockabilly/psychobilly, etc. and I got a shit load of Nickelback and techno.

My tip out to him wasn't the best.

Sin-

dlabtot
05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Figured You Out is pretty popular with the dancers around here.... I think it sounds derivative of Control by Puddle of Mudd...

Cally
05-11-2006, 01:30 PM
I REFUSE to dance to anything by Nicklecrap... I had one stupid DJ give it to me when I danced in Az... the look I shot him when I was getting on stage made him cringe and he said sorry like a thousend times lol. I wanna know where a DJ gets Nicklecrap out of Disturbed, Korn, Limp Bizket, Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie(those are the groups I gave him when he asked what I like)..

Figure You Out is a popular song here for girls to dance to ... as well as Animals and some other crap.. it all sounds the same and I cant stand it..

DJ Maimed
05-11-2006, 10:30 PM
They are all listed together under POP/R&B Rock at Best Buys!!!!

MrChristopher
05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
I had a girl tonight ask me for Disturbed, System Of A Down, or Nickelback...my choice...just, you know, something "INDUSTRIAL". I almost vomited.

Cally
05-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Nicklecrap... Industrial? LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!! Thats the best one yet!!! This DJ just gave me nicklecrap because he thought since I was Canadian I would like it ::)

Vanessa6175
05-13-2006, 01:51 AM
I actually use this set in my club and our customers love it and actually request it quite often. I don't do anything raunchy along with this set either.

red red red
05-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Oooh, I HATE it when DJs play "Creep" by Radiohead. First of all, it's one of the saddest songs ever written. Second of all, it's so infinitely applicable to a crowd of lonely PL's watching pretty girls dance around half-naked. Ugh. Shudder. Wayyyy too appropriate.