PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton

MisfitBunnie
11-03-2004, 01:55 PM
A friend of mine and I were just discussing Hillary Clinton and our opinions on the Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton sex scandal.

In my opinion, I personally don't care for Hillary Clinton but only for one reason. She let her husband HUMILIATE her in public and stayed with him just because she feared divorce would sabotage her carear in politics. I personally lost a lot of respect for her because of that. Am I alone here? Don't you think that was a bad example to strong women out there? Stay by your husbands side even though he betrayed you?

My friend is a big Hillary buff. She thinks the complete opposite of my opinion and that since she has "a passion for politics" it justifies not divorcing Bill to further her poltical carear. I asked my friend "Wouldn't you leave a man if he cheated on you? Don't you have respect for yourself?" and she responded "Well it depends on the situation." SITUATION??? What, he tripped, fell, landed in her pussy? A cheater is a cheater, no matter what situation. I then asked her if she would ever fuck a man to further her carear and then she got mad and asked to change the subject. Typical.::)

But what are your opinions on Hillary Clinton? I bring this up because there are rumour that Hillary might run next election.

Any thoughts?

MojoJojo
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Don't you think that was a bad example to strong women out there? Stay by your husbands side even though he betrayed you?

No...not in this case. She stayed by her husband to accelerate her career. Can you imagine the conversation at home? "Listen up, asswipe...you will now do everything in your power to help my career. You will be there for me...you will pay for anything I want...and you will not complain."

I think she's pretty damned smart.

MisfitBunnie
11-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Good point. I never really thought of it that way! LOL!

If I knew my husband cheated on me, I would never even want him to touch or kiss me ever again!

Emily
11-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I have heard the rumors, but I doubt it simply because she is the most hated Democrat ever.

But it could happen, and let's say for the sake of argument that she is the Democratic presidental candidate next time. You can criticize her for her character traits, but this country does seem to respect her as a politician and a leader. She will also bring a "First Husband" with a lot of clout...so it's a package deal which is appealing to many Americans.

MisfitBunnie
11-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah that is true. If there is one thing American's like it is a packaged deal!;)

madmaxine
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Yep. I understand where Misfit is coming from ("hell hath no fury like a woman scorned") but it is possible that she accepted Bill, warts and all (how literal might that be? Yikes) because they made a good team. He's the velvet glove and she's the iron fist.
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis wanted to divorce John F Kennedy but was talked out of it....she was a valuable asset to JFK politically. Americans like to see a traditional nuclear family in the White House. It's the image, not the truth, that matters.

Emily
11-03-2004, 02:14 PM
if she wins, she can use her old address labels too!

MisfitBunnie
11-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I agree maxine! The american people don't want to see the presidential family fall apart! That would take away from the "happy family" illusion that Americans want to believe even though we all know that it is far from reality.

I think the only president ever really known to have not cheated on his wife was Jimmy Carter although I could be wrong.

azamber
11-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Is it possible that they had an understanding regarding his affairs? I don't necessarily think messing around is the end of the world, most guys do it, lots of girls too. Let's just all accept the fact that we are sexual beings in need of some variety from time to time. Maybe they're swingers...

Melonie
11-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Hilary definitely understood the $8 million dollar book offer to write about Bill's affairs!

To keep this in perspective, Hilary is a lawyer herself for starters. Hilary likes the upscale expensive lifestyle she's been leading since Bill first became Gov. of Arkansas. At this point, Bill has nowhere to go but down in US politics due to the two term limit which forced him out of office in 2001. However, since 2001, and especially after the Kerry loss today, Bill is still the prime mover behind the Democratic National Committee and big money Democratic contributors. This is what motivated Hilary's own political aspirations to run for Senator in NY in 2001. This will also very likely get her elected president in 2008 ! She's certainly not going to walk away from this kind of backing just because Bill got caught staining a dress or two !

Casual Observer
11-03-2004, 05:38 PM
HRC is no dummy; she's smart, has incredible political savvy, is very well-connected and financed, and is a very attractive candidate in many respects. Like GWB, history has shown that people underestimate her at their own peril.

But not for the executive branch. She's well aware of that. No matter how ripe the opportunity is in 2008--and it will be seriously ripe, if the DNC tosses McAulliffe out on his ass--HRC isn't stupid enough to throw out what could conceivably be a life term in the Senate of NY.

As a side note, if anyone really thinks that HRC gave a rat's ass about WJC banging any or all the pieces he had on the side, they're not looking at the big picture. She could care less, save for the political capital expenditure required to appear suitably distraught. Does no one remember the 60 Minutes interview of WJC and HRC when he was just a dark horse governor from AR running for President?

FBR
11-03-2004, 06:24 PM
I believe Hilliary is too polarizing a character to get elected but the race would sure be interesting!

FBR

PS: Melonie youre just hoping to get her the hell out of NY ;D

montythegeek
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
I believe Hilliary is too polarizing a character to get elected but the race would sure be interesting!

FBR

PS: Melonie youre just hoping to get her the hell out of NY ;DWhy do you think 10% more of the Massachusetts voters voted for Kerry for President than voted for him for Senator the last time he ran for office?

The really interesting race in 2008 would be HRC vs Rudi Giuliani. Rudi was not going all over the country stumping for Bush for party loyalty. He was using W to make connections with all the party officials and spread his face all over the country in the battleground states for '08.

Melonie
11-04-2004, 04:28 AM
PS: Melonie youre just hoping to get her the hell out of NY

If electing her president is the only way to get a new senator in her place, I'll vote for her in a NY minute !

VenusGoddess
11-04-2004, 08:43 AM
I've read her autobiography and Bill's, as well. I really do not think believe that she "stayed with Bill to advance her own career..." I really think that she loves him. HOWEVER, what business does it make it yours? Why do you think that because she makes a decision that she feels is best for HER, that it makes it ok for you to sit there in judgement of her?

Have you ever been in any kind of abusive relationship and decided to stay because you "loved" that person? Aside from the fact that Bill is seeking help for his addictions, if she feels that her relationship with/love for him deserves another chance, then that is her decision alone. What, then do you think of Laura Bush, for staying in her relationship with Georgie during his alcoholism and drug addicted years? Is she as "bad" as Hillary, or is it different because Laura isn't running for office?

In life, as in politics, we must all make decisions based on what we know and what we want. Who CARES if she stayed with Bill because her "career" would go much further, etc? Aside from the fact that the majority of americans find more joy out of digging through other people's trash and sticking their noses where it doesn't belong than going out and helping their fellow man or "cleaning" their own "houses"...what decisions about her personal life do you feel you are "deserving" of putting your two cents in?

This is not to be ignorant, but if everyone spent as much time improving their own lives and self-esteem as they do trying to change other people's, then this country would not be in the condition it is in today.

Stop worrying about what other people are doing...especially in their private lives, and start worrying about your own life.

Geesh.

Lexi
11-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Venus, very well said. I cant believe how this just came up? She would be a bad leader because she didnt leave her husband? Wow.

threlayer
11-04-2004, 09:16 AM
I think Hillary is doing well as US Senator from NYS in spite of her being a Democrat, for those that think that is an issue. I believe she and Bill are truly attached and that one of her big concerns about the Monica thing was that he severely put his Presidency in harm's way. She is a very political person and I'm sure wants to stay in politics. The Presidency, I'm not so sure is her goal, but time will tell and I'm patient.

But where the Hell does this polarizing thing come from? Further, where did this Hate Bill thing come from 10-15 yrs ago?

Also Bill was already known by her to have meaningless sexual escapades, and she stayed with him through all of that. Why not stay when he was President, after all the embarassment was already out? (It was just sex; he wasn't abusing her unless she chose to let the affairs bother her to that degree.)

I think it is a great thing when married people can't keep their hands off of each other. I suppose he could have called Hillary and asked her to come to the Oval office for a bit of fun, or he could have taken a 'quickie' break, but that apparently didn't happen for probably many reasons.

I felt sorry that she was hurt and embarassed for both. But no way did I think it was worth any of the distraction, cost, and embarassment to the nation and to the innocent kids to have put this in the spotlight and shine it on them for 3-4 years. Maybe this distraction helped out nation's current enemies. It sure didn't help us in any way.

But in any case I agree with Venus that it really is no business of ours why Hillary felt as she did/does.

MisfitBunnie
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't hate Hillary or Bill. I never said I did. I actually liked Clinton as a president.

Well when you write a book about your life and yourself, you are putting your buisness out there and should expect some judgement.

I don't think Hillary is a bad person at all. I just don't agree with staying with somebody who betrays you in the way that he betrayed her. Different strokes for different folks I guess.