PDA

View Full Version : asking other stripclub dj's questions ???

GentGoldClubDjTito
11-04-2004, 12:04 AM
hey whats up everyone just wanted to ask a couple of strip club dj's a question??? well i have been a dj since i was 17 yrs old and im 26 now i have dj at clubs in los angeles and in baltimore but i never did the mc and dj at a strip club thing till this year and i was wondering what type of stuff i can say to introduce the ladies and get them off stage i feel like i say the same thing too much i really love working here the girls and doing promotions for the club but i need help to be a better mc i have energy in me im outgoing but i get microphone shy at times ... can anybody give me some tips i have benn at this club for 8 months now

Djoser
11-04-2004, 01:41 AM
The lyrics of the song that you play for the woman are often your best inspiration. Does the singer speak of an angel? You might have an angel right there on your stage.

If you are really lucky, she might be one of our newest members, Sinn--AKA The Dark Angel.

Get to know the dancers as much as possible, find out what they are like, and talk the cool ones up for their real qualities--they will love you for it, and your voice will carry the conviction that you are speaking the truth, not just sitting up there babbling like a baboon. The audience will actually listen to you, for a change, and you will see a difference.

It has always worked for me...

disturbedfck
11-04-2004, 05:12 AM
some repetition is good. it's like a cue for the girl to block out whatever is going on around her and listen to whose next on stage. one thing is for sure, if you're bored then others are , too. don't get too caught up in the mic work though, no matter what people tell you, you are not commanding much attention in that room. the best time to shine is when the girls are backstage getting ready for a 'feature' or 'merch'. you should have the clubs full attention at that point.

as stated before, getting to know the girls is the key. who you can joke with, who takes herself too seriously, who is naughty, who is nice, what outfit they're wearing, do they have a message they want to convey..........7:00am rambling..sorry. Gonna go pick up my kid for school now. out.

BigGreenMnM
11-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Your in a great area with some really good dj's.(not as good as the Va dj's,but close)
I would suggest going in on your nights off and seeing a few different guys and how they do things.You will be amazed at what "bits"you can learn.(and steal lol)
Best of luck!

GentGoldClubDjTito
11-05-2004, 01:25 AM
hey guys thanks for the information its very helpful , see my club wants me to announce promotions in the middle of girls sets how much promotion can u do when u have flyers at the door a big screen with the promos and a tiker thing too its rude i think to talk in the middle of the girls songs .. but i try my best to do it quick before the lyrics of the song start .. thanks to evryone who gave me feedback