PDA

View Full Version : The New Team

Deogol
11-04-2004, 06:53 PM
So I am hearing this:

Ashcroft to be replaced by Guiliani - aka Mr. Clean Up 42nd Street aka Mr. Shutdown the strip clubs and adult movies stores. We may be wishing for Ashcroft to come back!

Rumsfeld may take time off and be replaced by Paul Wolfowitz (sp?). This guy makes Rumsfeld look like a Dove. He is the definition of a hawk.

Powell has had it - is bailing out. Not heard who might replace him.

Adina
11-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Guiliani tapped as Attorney General? Really - where did you hear about that?

Deogol
11-04-2004, 07:50 PM

CNN and Fox! Not official - only speculation right now.

Pan Dah
11-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Probably lots of places, but I saw it in the NY Daily News as I was riding the train home this evening. Almost barfed in the aisle. And I voted for Bush!. Yikes.

Some of their other predictions were Condi Rice for either SecDef or State. Pataki for Health & Human Services. Scalia or Thomas for Chief Justice. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, yeah, also Giuliani and Hillary both running for pres in 2008. I think he's the only opponent Hillary could have that would convince me to vote for her. >:(

Lilith
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Wolfowitz is in deep shit right now, so that may just be some Capital gossip that's getting more mileage than it deserves. I've heard Tom Ridge is on the way out. But then, I've also heard that (get this!) Tom Daschle might be tapped as his replacement.

I'm of the opinion that it's all gossip.

Casual Observer
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Wait.

The Cabinet has yet to play itself out.

Rumsfeld won't go anywhere, and Powell and Rice probably won't either. They know what's at stake in the current geopolitical environment, and stability of leadership is important.

Ashcroft has health issues, so he'll probably leave, as will Tom Ridge, Tommy Thompson and Norm Mineta.

Djoser
11-05-2004, 12:57 AM
So I am hearing this:

Ashcroft to be replaced by Guiliani - aka Mr. Clean Up 42nd Street aka Mr. Shutdown the strip clubs and adult movies stores. We may be wishing for Ashcroft to come back!

Well, if Guiliani gets in I think we will be in for a very interesting time...