PDA

View Full Version : Reading between the lines...

Adina
11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I just caught wind of Karl Rove interview today, and thought I'd post this little gem:

On one sideline row during the campaign, Rove said the president's tailor was devastated about a controversy over a box-shaped bulge in Bush's back that television cameras captured during the first debate. The mysterious bulge spawned speculation that Bush aides were feeding the president advice secretly through a radio receiver tucked under his suit jacket.

"Nothing was under his jacket," Rove said.

"The poor tailor ... he's an awfully nice fellow, he's a rather flamboyant dude," Rove said. "I'm not going to use his name, but he's just — he's horrified. And, you know, it's — there was nothing there."

"Rather flamboyant dude" - HA! In other words, it looked liked Bush had a radio receiver tucked under his suit jacket because his tailor is gay.::)

Silverback
11-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Sort of a "is that a radio reciever in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" moment.:)

Tigerlilly
11-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Wasn't there a rule about no filming from behind ?

My curious mind asks me which side wanted/ put that rule in ?

If you watch that debate again take notice of the pauses in Bush's replies,and the general pattern of his speech in that debate compared to other film of him speaking.

Who knows , really. And even though it is neither here no there now, it is entertaining- in a scary sorta way ;)

Djoser
11-08-2004, 05:51 AM
I just caught wind of Karl Rove interview today, and thought I'd post this little gem:

Could you post the link, Adina? I would love to read more about this.

NinaDaisy
11-08-2004, 10:37 AM
That's what he gets for letting a fag design his jacket. ::)

Next time Bush should get his clothing made by a heterosexual mountain man. Plaid is sooooo gonna come back in again soon! :P

I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting fed lines. The man is hopeless without some sort of script to work with. Even then he's a pathetic speaker.

Emily
11-08-2004, 10:48 AM
it's hard to tell what it is...looks like it could be his shirt bunched up.

I doubt it was a radio because then he would have done a better job with the debate.

Tigerlilly
11-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know where we can look up who put which rule on the list of debate rules ?

I'm really curious to know if the "no filming from behind" rule was a Bush request.

Djoser
11-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I doubt it was a radio because then he would have done a better job with the debate.

Now it appears it may have been a bulletproof vest, or so they say.

But Emily may have the most compelling evidence against the radio--and for the assertion that many American voters prefer a President who has the same apparent level of intelligence as they do.

Casual Observer
11-09-2004, 04:38 PM
But Emily may have the most compelling evidence against the radio--and for the assertion that many American voters prefer a President who has the same apparent level of intelligence as they do.

Well, he and his crew have certainly made an entire political career out of being systematically and repeatedly underestimated by his ostensibly intellectually superior elitist opposition.

Funny that, no?

Djoser
11-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H. L. Mencken

And apparently, noone ever failed to get elected by underestimating the intelligence, either...

Casual Observer
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
^ Don't you mean misunderestimated?

;)

Djoser
11-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Nope, I meant exactly what I said.

Getting back to the subject...

Here are some enhanced photographs, produced by Dr. Robert M. Nelson," ...a senior research scientist for NASA and for Caltech's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and an international authority on image analysis."

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/index_np.html