PDA

View Full Version : review a few new for yew

BigGreenMnM
11-08-2004, 03:57 PM
(yew is to you as yutes is to youths)

New stuff startin to come in...

heres my take on some of it.

Over and over-Nelly and tim Mcgraw
Big fan of both,in each of their own type of music.This song has a great slow dancing beat to it,very sexy.To bad its about breaking up.Wont matter,it will hit top 5.Way to slow to ever ask me to play at work.If you can get the instramental,it makes great love makin music.Outside of that,its useless to us.Might even hit big on the country charts with the young country invasion going on.Nelly tops rascal flatts on the country charts!whats this world comming to!lol

What you waiting for-Gwen Stefani
Its an ok song that should hit top 10 in the next month or so.Will make a good stage song for Stefani fans.That is if you dont mind the words"what you waiting for,take a chance you stupid ho"Outside of that its another good stage song from the hottie in the plaid pants.

1,2 step-Ciara/Missy Elliot
Ciaras hot right now,her first single "goodies"is still kicking ass for gals on stage.This follow up isnt as crunk,has a slower beat to it,and female rap(missy)in the backround.I like it and look for it to kick ass this week when i take it in.Probably hit top 5 in the next month or so,if not #1 on some charts.Good song!

Autobiography-Ashlee Simpson
Yea yea I know.I wouldnt have added this except for I have an entertainer who banks to it already.Its OK as a stage song,i just cant get past the Ashlee Simpson part.Good beat and easy to dance to,its already starting to hit on the charts.Not sure if its because of saturday night live lip mistake or if its good and i need to readjust my bubblegum music filter settings.:)

Just lose it-Eminem
Great song,shot straight to the top of the charts,also has a great video for it.Being as popular as it is,i would say its a good stage song.Easy to dance to with a great beat.Listen to it before you ask for it,there is a part in the song talking about a gal farting and assorted slim shadey kinda slams on different aspects of life.I have already got a sound bite of the argh argh argh,it makes a great add in soundbite for the jocks.Beats the hell outta superman and the depressing shit he did on his last album.

Drop it like its hot-snoop dogg
hard to call.I cant play it in our house,but its going to be a hit.Very slow but great sound to it.Im hoping for a remix that isnt so gangster rap.If you can play it in your house,i would say do it.Just remember its SLOW and gangster,use accordingly at your dj's descretion.Wont win points with the 35+crowd in suits and ties but will have the ballers tossin love on stage.

Tilt ya head back-Nelly/Christina Agulera
This is the song I was asking about last month on the SW.In my opinion the BEST R/B song to come out right now.This song kicks major ass and is perfect for the stage!Crowd response is awsome,even the old guys are bee boopin in their seats.All the girls i have played it for have loved it and many are already trying to adopt it.Will hit top 5 this month or so.This one is even fun for the dj to play!!!

Best of the best IMO
R/B-tilt ya head back by nelly
alt rock-word up by korn

Hope this helps when trying to put together new stage sets.

Please purchase all your music and never download them from the internet.Someone has got to pay the artist.You dont dance for free,I dont dj for free,they shouldnt have to sing for free.

Live long and prosper!

Katrine
11-09-2004, 12:07 AM
A girl did "Drop it Like Its Hot" at the club on a Friday and it KILLED the club. That song is just too slow to play on a busy night.

I personally don't like any of those songs, but I won't argue that some of them might do ok in the clubs. Aghhhh, my ears are bleeding already!

Katrine
11-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Goddam music these days is shitty, shitty, shitty! That Gwen S. song is god-awful!

MrChristopher
11-09-2004, 01:54 AM
i just got home, about to go upstairs and say "howdy" to the lovely wife, as it were.....BUT oh mang...i have such a response to this. i shall address these all, point by point, tomorrow evening. i have to be back at the club in.....7 hours. wheeee. we get to redo EVERY SINGLE LIGHTING PROGRAM. pray for me.

BigGreenMnM
11-09-2004, 07:44 AM
wheeee. we get to redo EVERY SINGLE LIGHTING PROGRAM. pray for me.
Oh shit!!!!!!
Is it a martin system??
man that sucks,been there done that.

The really hard part is,after allllll that work,the entertainers favorite light setting is still going to be "off".
Drink lots off coffee,dont try to do it when your open!

Best of luck.

Susan-Va
11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Nelly and Tim Mcgraw?Are you for real?

Gerina
11-10-2004, 11:46 AM
um, ew! That 1,2 step song sounds like it was taken from something a cheesy wedding dj would throw out. Ashlee simpson isn't a real singer, and although i love gwen she really f*cked up w/ this latest album of hers. I'm not even going to get into the others; glad you're not picking my music.

BigGreenMnM
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
um, ew! That 1,2 step song sounds like it was taken from something a cheesy wedding dj would throw out. Ashlee simpson isn't a real singer, and although i love gwen she really f*cked up w/ this latest album of hers. I'm not even going to get into the others; glad you're not picking my music.
Ohhhh pffffffttt:P :P :P
if I did pick your music,you would have to change your thong after every set!;)

Mark my words,these will all be hits on the charts,big hits,im just giving you a forcast prediction that is never wrong.;D
If you want to dance to older stuff,more power to ya.Im only forcasting to the dj's and gals who would like to dance to the new stuff on the charts next month.
Even if they dont like them,very soon some of their PAYING customers are going to be asking for them.

I like country.Did ya see the CMA's last night???They even had country rappers perform!!! LOL Mongomery Gentry rocked their version of GONE(great country stage song btw)
What i listed are tools of our trade over the next few months.Hope they help those that choose to use them.

myiah
11-10-2004, 07:53 PM
off topic but just had to say

Live long and prosper!

I like " we are borg resistance is futile you will be assemulated"

LOL Sorry just funny... And lets face it seven of nine is hot LOL

GentGoldClubDjTito
11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
hey whats up evryone just got in from a crazy long nite at gentelemensgoldclub in baltimore were getting ready for a big veterans day celebration tommorow we expect a good turn out but that tim and nelly song is hot but too slow to play at night and the snoop song it s maybe just the area ur from might not like it but at th club i work at people seem to like it ...
or

Katrine
11-12-2004, 03:30 AM
If you were my DJ BigGreen, I would just have you play classic rock or something, that shit is unlistenable, sorry. And you wonder why dancers have to drink, its hard to listen to fluff like that sober! ;)

BigGreenMnM
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
If you were my DJ BigGreen, I would just have you play classic rock or something, that shit is unlistenable, sorry. And you wonder why dancers have to drink, its hard to listen to fluff like that sober! ;)lol fluff is a good word for most of whats been comming out over the last decade or so,even worse,most of its remixed classics with just a few rap words tossed in!
The P diddy musical era!

If I were your dj,we would find you the perfect music for your sets,even if I had to learn how to sing and play the guitar!

Katrine
11-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Awwwwwww, you da best!!! I've been doing the Korn "Word Up" cover and LL Cool J "Hush". They are both so-so, and the crowd seems to like them.......

MissTaylor
11-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I love Ashlee Simpon's La La. I can't dance to it on stage because I just want to sing along at the top of my lungs and if Kat thought the girl dancing to snoop killed the club....this would be a massacre!!

I like stupid music....I'm not afraid to admit it!