PDA

View Full Version : He's Outta Here!

Katrine
11-09-2004, 04:57 PM
I just hope he isn't replaced with a bigger loser! I guess we are now free of crime and terror. Tell that to the soldiers in Fallujah this week! Doh!

Ashcroft, Evans Resign From Cabinet

Associated Press
November 9, 2004 5:58 p.m.

WASHINGTON -- Attorney General John Ashcroft and Commerce Secretary Don Evans resigned Tuesday, the first members of President Bush's cabinet to
leave as he headed from re-election into his second term.

The resignations were announced by White House press secretary Scott
McClellan, who said Mr. Bush had accepted the decisions of both secretaries.

"The objective of securing the safety of Americans from crime and terror has
been achieved," Mr. Ashcroft wrote in a five-page, handwritten letter to Mr.
Bush.

Copyright C 2004 Associated Press

Casual Observer
11-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Larry Thompson will probably take his place, though it'd be interesting if Giuliani were offered...that'd make a fun Senate confirmation hearing. :D

At least the whole lightning rod persona will no longer be present. It's distracting.

montythegeek
11-09-2004, 06:06 PM
I just hope he isn't replaced with a bigger loser! I guess we are now free of crime and terror. Tell that to the soldiers in Fallujah this week! Doh!

Ashcroft, Evans Resign From Cabinet

Associated Press
November 9, 2004 5:58 p.m.

WASHINGTON -- Attorney General John Ashcroft and Commerce Secretary Don Evans resigned Tuesday, the first members of President Bush's cabinet to
leave as he headed from re-election into his second term.

The resignations were announced by White House press secretary Scott
McClellan, who said Mr. Bush had accepted the decisions of both secretaries.

"The objective of securing the safety of Americans from crime and terror has
been achieved," Mr. Ashcroft wrote in a five-page, handwritten letter to Mr.
Bush.

Copyright C 2004 Associated Press
Other than being happy because I never liked Ashcroft the interesting thing in your quote Kat is a punctuation mark. Look at the end of the word acheived and you will see a comma. It appears that they intentionally left out part of the sentence to make the asshole look like even more of an asshole. This is totally unnecessary for such a huge rectal orifice as John Asscroft. The man could use a lighthouse as a proctoscope with room to spare.

Djoser
11-09-2004, 06:22 PM
This is totally unnecessary for such a huge rectal orifice as John Asscroft. The man could use a lighthouse as a proctoscope with room to spare.

Truer words have never been spoken in Political Poo.

So what does this tell us about the man who chose him?

Madcap
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM
A-fucking-men.

I had to deal with his as govorner for way too long.

I faced the choice between a live John Ashcroft and a DEAD Mel Carnahan for a senate vote...

Who did i vote for? Lets just say i'd rather they DIG Carnahan up, STUFF him and put him in the senate with a PUPPETEER than have Ashcroft as my senator... Then along comes cowboy bob and all of a sudden i have to deal with him as my attourney general.

This guy LOST AN ELECTION WHILE RUNNING AGAINST A CORPSE!!!

Bye bye Ashy. Annointing yourself with any oil now?

RedZ28
11-09-2004, 08:29 PM
At least you sort of know what kind of enemy you had with Ashcroft in office. Giuliani would make an interesting Attorney General, but he makes Ashcroft look like the liberal in the bunch concerning stripclubs. He turned 42nd Street into Disneyland East. Looking back when they were confirming Clinton's AG, they said Zoe Baird was soooo terrible, and guess what, we ended up with Janet "goodbye Waco, see ya Elian" Reno lol.