PDA

View Full Version : downloading movies?

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Does anybody know where I can download movies? I'm specifically interested in classic 80's stuff. You know, Fast Times, Meatballs, Animal House, Pollyanna. The good stuff. :D

I've tried it unsuccessfully on winmx. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.

azamber
11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
I use Kazaa Lite Resurrection for all my downloading needs ;D

I have over 300 movies (avi files), most are high quality. A good connection (for me) will take about an hour or 2 for a 700 MB file.

I think this is the most fully featured, secure, and fast of the P2P programs, although I have heard many good things about BitTorrent, I have yet to learn how to use it.

And I have several of the older movies, the more obscure ones will be harder to find, obviously.

RedZ28
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah Kazaa does the job most of the time, but be careful of what you download. Make sure you're firewall is working and scan the files for viruses. I destroyed a work computer once using Morpheus, lol. Even after the re-install it was still pretty messed up. Then again it was a Dell.

azamber
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Can't hide a virus in a movie or music file yet. You only have to be careful of programs. The problem with multimedia files on Kazaa is fakes (and getting busted for filesharing, just don't share music or movies). The RIAA and MPAA have flooded the network with bogus files, IMO east to spot, and block most of the time.

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 11:40 AM
azamber, what do you mean be cafeful of programs?

Power Planet Radio
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Emule-project.net. they have more peer to peer file sharing on the larger files such as xbox games, movies, playstation 1 & 2 Games. It is also the fastest growing peer to peer network since napster... You can also find older movies and movies that are out of print on emule.. ALso there is very little bogus movie and gamefiles on emule.

Terry Dunning
Power Planet Radio

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 12:53 PM
ok well I am still having problems finding certain older movies, like Love At First Bite and for the love of gawd I simply can't locate Meatballs!

So far I have only gotten 1 SNL clip off winmx and emule does not seem to be that great to me.

I'm just a little leery of Kazaa Lite although my only experience is with Kazaa. Any more suggestions?

Power Planet Radio
11-12-2004, 01:16 PM
yeah...stay away from Kazaa... (this includes Kazaa Lite). I did a search an was not able to find those movies either. Sorry, i tried ..By any chance do you have a dvd burner? if so i could point you in the right direction for a program to rip the dvd..... good luck

Terry Dunning
Power Planet Radio

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 01:20 PM
my son has a dvd burner on his computer. haha I'm in the office trying to find stuff and he's in his room with stuff qued.

I looked on amazon Love At First Bite was never even released on dvd. :O Thanks for the help anyhow.

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 01:32 PM
by rip the dvd do you mean from a rental?

Power Planet Radio
11-12-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah i was referring to a copy of a dvd... (For back up purposes) hehe... Where you get the origianl source dvd is none of my business... I am sorry i wasnt much help anyways...

Terry Dunning
Power Planet Radio

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
oh absolutely. I always back up my originals in case they become damaged. :angel: Thanks anyhow.

azamber
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
When I mentioned programs, I meant that if you download programs they may contain viruses. My AVG always catches them as soon as they are done downloading.

emule sucks, it's too slow, not enough users.

Kazaa Lite Resurrection isn't the same as Kazaa Lite or Kazaa. Pretty much an entirely different program, very stable, secure, reliable. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. Go for version 0.0.7.6.E.

azamber
11-12-2004, 03:54 PM
k, to be fair and honest, I have been looking for Meatballs for a few minutes now, and all that came up was a muppets clip for the Swedish Chef lol. Anyway, old movies like that are going to be hard to find anywhere you look, most aren't even out on DVD yet. Took me a while but I finally got The Doors (1991) and The Last Temptation of Christ (1988 I think), so it is possible to get older movies. If you do end up going with KLR, let me know and I'll help you configure it, if you want.

And, hey, guess what? This is post #420! Woo Hoo, anyone wanna celebrate with me? :bong: :bong: :bong: :bong:

LoveSexMoney
11-12-2004, 03:56 PM
happy 420 and haha yeah that muppets swedish chef kept popping up for me too. NOT the meatballs I was looking for lol

Blade
11-12-2004, 09:53 PM
is kazaa ressurected free?

azamber
11-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Sure is. Here's the link

http://filesharingplace.com/p2pclients.php

There are also links to KLite, and KMD. Really, don't bother. I've used them all and I actually got a cease and desist letter using Kazaa Lite, and it sucks compared to KLR anyway.