PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, we're elitists. Ted Rall admits it.

Susan Wayward
11-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Entertaining column (http://www.uexpress.com/printable/print.html?uc_full_date=20041109&uc_comic=ru) from the lefty cartoonist.

Djoser
11-13-2004, 02:22 PM
I loved this part:

"..."How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?" asked the headline of the Daily Mirror in Great Britain, and the underlying assumption is undeniable. By any objective standard, you had to be spectacularly stupid to support Bush.

72 percent who cast votes for George W. Bush, according to a University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) and Knowledge Networks poll, believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or active WMD programs. 75 percent think that a Saddam-Al Qaeda link has been proven, and 20 percent say Saddam ordered 9/11. Of course, none of this was true.

Kerry voters were less than half as idiotic: 26 percent of Democrats bought into Bush-Cheney's WMD lies, and 30 percent into Saddam-Al Qaeda.

Would Bush's supporters have voted for him even if they had known he was a serial liar? Perhaps their hatred of homosexuals and slutty abortion vixens would have prompted them to make the same choice--an idiotic perversion of priorities. As things stand, they cast their ballots relying on assumptions that were demonstrably false.

Educational achievement doesn't necessarily equal intelligence. After all, Bush holds a Harvard MBA. Still, it bears noting that Democrats are better educated than Republicans. You are 25 percent more likely to hold a college degree if you live in the Democratic northeast than in the red state south. Blue state voters are 25 percent more likely, therefore, to understand the historical and cultural ramifications of Bush's brand of bull-in-a-china-shop foreign policy."

I was unaware that Bush received an MBA from Harvard, though I knew about the undergraduate degree from Yale.

So why can't the guy form a coherent sentence? I can only conclude that he received the best education that money can buy...

primetime21
11-13-2004, 02:49 PM
So what does having a college degree really mean? I have a degree in Business and Politics and the majority of the people I met in school were a bunch of assholes, thinking they were better than everyone else and that they had a right not a privelege to be there. Having a diploma does not make you a better person, I see all walks of life come into my office to have their tax return done, and a great deal of the people who are hard working and just getting by are the type of person I would rather hangout with. If the Democrats/Liberals (in Canada) weren't so fucking condescending and arrogant maybe people wouldn't hate them so much.
On the subject of wmd's, do you honestly think that Saddam was going to let the UN find them on their search. It was proven that Iraq had wmd's back in the early 90's by the UN, but with all stalling Saddam did, do you actually think they were going to find any. Maybe, just maybe, he might have had it moved to another country, or buried beneath the ground. Do you honestly think that Saddam didn't need to be taken out of power, I am sure the hundreds of thousands of people he had tortured and killed would rather have had someone else in power. He had to go, and even if it wasn't for the right reason, Bush still made the right decision.

Djoser
11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
He had to go, and even if it wasn't for the right reason, Bush still made the right decision.

Now maybe he can lie to us about every other country where human rights are being violated, we can invade, they can decide they really didn't want to be saved, and the entire world will hate us more than they already do.

Let's start with North Korea, they really do have WMD...oh, whoops! wait a minute...no oil anywhere near there! How about East Timor, D. R. Congo, Columbia, or China? Naaaah, no fucking oil...so let's get Iran next.

If the Democrats/Liberals (in Canada) weren't so fucking condescending and arrogant maybe people wouldn't hate them so much.

Yeah, it's much better to have God on your side. He hates those damned intellectual Liberals too. He can follow them into Canada and blast them with lightening bolts for having premarital sex, the degenerate swine.

Deogol
11-13-2004, 06:41 PM
So what does having a college degree really mean? I have a degree in Business and Politics and the majority of the people I met in school were a bunch of assholes, thinking they were better than everyone else and that they had a right not a privelege to be there. Having a diploma does not make you a better person, I see all walks of life come into my office to have their tax return done, and a great deal of the people who are hard working and just getting by are the type of person I would rather hangout with. If the Democrats/Liberals (in Canada) weren't so fucking condescending and arrogant maybe people wouldn't hate them so much.
On the subject of wmd's, do you honestly think that Saddam was going to let the UN find them on their search. It was proven that Iraq had wmd's back in the early 90's by the UN, but with all stalling Saddam did, do you actually think they were going to find any. Maybe, just maybe, he might have had it moved to another country, or buried beneath the ground. Do you honestly think that Saddam didn't need to be taken out of power, I am sure the hundreds of thousands of people he had tortured and killed would rather have had someone else in power. He had to go, and even if it wasn't for the right reason, Bush still made the right decision. Got that F'in right. And the activist liberals are especially condescending.

Now, I am not including you in that DJoser, because you make intelligent communications and most of the time I agree with you (can't have 100% unless your talking to a mirror I suppose.)

I am talking about the "Because it's safer to throw red paint on rich women than motorcycle gangs" crowd.

Oh yea: With all the recounts being demanded by the democrats - the findings have been upped to 60,000,000+ for Bush. I ... I ... I would just stop those recounts if I were them!

Susan Wayward
11-13-2004, 10:57 PM
BACK ON TOPIC! Did you people (Djoser excepted) read the article, or did you just want an excuse to bitch?

Deogol
11-13-2004, 11:08 PM
BACK ON TOPIC! Did you people (Djoser excepted) read the article, or did you just want an excuse to bitch?
Readin is for them thar hi falutin talkity talk talkers.

Readin.... shiiiiiiiiiit.

Jay Zeno
11-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I read it. I thought it was an excuse for Mr. Rall to bitch. ;)

primetime21
11-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Yeah, it's much better to have God on your side. He hates those damned intellectual Liberals too. He can follow them into Canada and blast them with lightening bolts for having premarital sex, the degenerate swine.
I have no use for religion at this point in my life, quite frankly I find the Bible full of contradictions and hypocracies. I am Conservative solely for economic reasons. Why do Democrats seem to think that if someone voted Rep. that they did so for religious beliefs, they just didn't like the Democratic party. The religious right doesn't make up the whole Republican party. There is no one I know that is 100% behind everything the party they voted for stands for. And until another party steps forward, you will have people voting Republican/Conservative because that is the closest party to their values. Instead of bashing the Republicans, come up with an alternative to them, because obviously it isn't the Democrats.

Deogol
11-14-2004, 07:10 AM
I have no use for religion at this point in my life, quite frankly I find the Bible full of contradictions and hypocracies. I am Conservative solely for economic reasons. Why do Democrats seem to think that if someone voted Rep. that they did so for religious beliefs, they just didn't like the Democratic party. The religious right doesn't make up the whole Republican party. There is no one I know that is 100% behind everything the party they voted for stands for. And until another party steps forward, you will have people voting Republican/Conservative because that is the closest party to their values. Instead of bashing the Republicans, come up with an alternative to them, because obviously it isn't the Democrats.
The democrats are still delusional about the rampant joke they have become with "political correctness" and "zero tolerance" (for like aspirin in schools) - I mean tell me - do you associate any of that stuff with Republicans or would you more quickly associate it with democrats?

PhaedrusZ
11-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Found this link to an article re: anti-intellectulism. Found it to be an interesting read, even if only tangentially related to this thread. I hope some of you here find it of interest as well.

http://www.bigpedia.com/encyclopedia/Anti-intellectualism

PhaedrusZ

Djoser
11-14-2004, 05:13 PM
The democrats are still delusional about the rampant joke they have become with "political correctness" and "zero tolerance" (for like aspirin in schools) - I mean tell me - do you associate any of that stuff with Republicans or would you more quickly associate it with democrats?

I believe that the phrase "zero tolerance" originated with hard-line drug enforcement personnel, if not a certain Republican politician.

The latest "zero tolerance" policy, brought to you by the Republican appointed Drug Czar...

"Under the "zero-tolerance" model legislation the drug czar and others are proposing, the person who smoked a joint on Friday night could be busted for DWI a week later and regular pot smokers, in whom cannanaboid metabolites are presumably always present, could be subject to a DWI arrest any time they got behind the wheel."