PDA

View Full Version : Odb, Rip

Adina
11-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh, man. I just heard Ole' Dirty Bastard from Wu Tang died. What a bummer. I liked him.

VADEN
11-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Really? How did he die? I love Wu Tang! ;)

Blade
11-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Can't say as I'm suprised, he lived the lifestyle to the fullest, still it's a shame when music loses anyone.

RedZ28
11-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Apparently dude collapsed in the studio while laying down some tracks for a new CD. Guess the subsequent CD sales will go to his family, just like the ones for Tupac and Biggie. He was only 35, guess living in the fast lane without a brake can do that to you.

LunaATX
11-13-2004, 10:03 PM
He passed away only 2 days before his 36th birthday. He was apparently clean from drugs, but in my opinion, years of drug abuse, even after quitting, will hurt you much later down the road.

A great example is someone in my family, who, in his early to mid 20's used "Black Beauties" and a few other drugs fairly often. He stopped everything except smoking and chewing tobacco products, and the occasional drinking. He is now in his late 40's and looks like absolute shit with a lot of health problems.

Scary that drug abuse won't show up on your body for 10-20 years then suddenly *poof* you're nasty looking and in bad health.

So girls - play some ODB in the clubs, but remember to learn from ODB's mistake!

-L.

azamber
11-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Rip ODB!
:'(

AinNY
11-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Its sad I guess...but not really....he knew what he was in for. The dude drank non-stop....even if he was off drugs.

I never really liked his stuff all that much...he was different....and interesting I'll give him that. His stuff never made any sense...but everyone still loved it ;)

RIP OBD....we'll leave with a quote some of his lyrics

Hey, baby, I like it rawww...
Yeah baby, I like it RAWWW!!!
Ooh, baby, I like it raww...
Yeah baby, I like it RAWWW!!!
Sh...

Verse:

Shimmy shimmy ya, shimmy yam, shimmy yay,
Gimme the mic so I can take it away.
Off on a natural charge, bon voyage
Yeah, from the home of the Dodgers, Brooklyn squad
Wu-Tang Killerrr Bees on a swarm!
Rain on ya dollar`s ass, disco dorm!
For you to even touch my skill,
You gotta have the one Killer Bee and he ain`t gonna kill. Now
My producer slam, my flow is like bam!
Chop that down, pass it all around!
Lyrics get hard, quick cement to the ground!
For any MC in any 52 states,
I gets psycho killerrrr Norman Bates!
My producer slam, sharp like bam!
Jump on stage, and then I dun-daaaah!

He liked it Raw....I guess thats why he had 13 kids

Vyanka
11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh man, that is ashame. :'( I really liked that crazy bastard, he was so funny & his music was very entertaining.

VADEN
11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Its sad I guess...but not really....he knew what he was in for. The dude drank non-stop....even if he was off drugs.

I never really liked his stuff all that much...he was different....and interesting I'll give him that. His stuff never made any sense...but everyone still loved it ;)

RIP OBD....we'll leave with a quote some of his lyrics

He liked it Raw....I guess thats why he had 13 kids

Holy Crap! I never knew he had 13 kids! Wow, he was a busy man! LOL

NinaDaisy
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Those were the 13 kids he KNEW about...

Pop quiz! Anyone know the other names he went by? I think the most recent was Dirt McGirt. Fucking genius. That and Big Baby Jesus are my favorites.

MrChristopher
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM
big baby jesus, dirt mcgirt, and um.....osiris. and i agree, big baby jesus was a brilliant name.

montythegeek
11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
I know it is a form of whistling-past-the-graveyard (and recognizing our own mortality) to make jokes when someone dies an untimely and unfortunate death. The best comment I saw was the person who felt sorry for his many kids ... the Little Bastards.

PS-- I mean no disrespect if anyone is offended.

Prester_John
11-16-2004, 09:05 PM
"Nigga, Please".

You got to admit, ODB gave the Stern show one of the most constantly funny soundbites in the show's history.