PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger for President ??!!

Farrah_Holiday
11-14-2004, 10:29 AM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Californians will soon see advertisements urging them to help give Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other foreign-born citizens the chance to run for president.

The cable television ads, set to being running Monday, are from a Silicon Valley-based group that wants to amend the U.S. Constitution, which limits the presidency to people born in the United States. Schwarzenegger was born in Austria but became a U.S. citizen in 1983.

"You cannot choose the land of your birth. You can choose the land you love," Lissa Morgenthaler-Jones says in the ads.

She is a San Francisco Bay area mutual fund manager and major Schwarzenegger campaign donor who is helping pay for the ads and created a companion Web site.

Schwarzenegger, 57, has said he would consider running for president if the Constitution allowed but hasn't pushed for a constitutional change.

The TV ads mark the first significant attempt to build public support for an amendment. While polls show Schwarzenegger remains popular with voters, the idea of a constitutional change is not.

Four proposed amendments are circulating in Congress, but none has advanced. Constitutional amendments require congressional approval and ratification by 38 states.

___

On the Net:

http://www.amendforarnold.com (http://www.amendforarnold.com/)

Emily
11-14-2004, 10:33 AM
To be fair, he's only been govenor one term!

He does seem like a palatable choice to the Republicans because he's got crossover appeal.

Jay Zeno
11-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Absent a never-used Constitutional convention, here's how the Constitution is amended:

The Senate and the House of Representatives must pass a proposed amendment by a two-thirds majority in each house.

Then the proposed amendment goes to to the states. Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment - usually within a given time period.

There is no chance in hell that two-thirds of the Senate, two-thirds of the House, and three-fourths of the states are going to pass an amendment designed to let Gov. Schwarzenegger run for President. No chance. None.

But I would say to the proponents, hey, dreams are nice. Do what you feel you need to do.

BigGreenMnM
11-14-2004, 10:43 AM
lol
I see one helluva race in 4 years!!!
Arnold and powell against Dean and madam clinton.
wow!!! what a race that would be!!!!!

Djoser
11-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I have been predicting a Scharzennegger Presidency for a while now.

I forgot about the "native born" clause, though. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him leap that hurdle easily.

Look at the precedent--Reagan. In spite of having earned the contempt of millions for his goofball posturing and trite rhetoric as Governor of California, he went on to two terms as one of the most popular Presidents of the century (!!). All this with very low evidence of serious brain-wave activity, and a mediocre acting career as his only other qualification.

Scharzennegger, on the other hand, appears to have a functional brain. He has a broader appeal, especially if he keeps up his liberal stance on abortion. And what better image could you ask for, if you want a President who will be taken seriously by Second Rate budding militaristic nations?

It has a certain appeal, but is also an outrageously disgusting and frightening idea. But since the true Power in this nation does not really reside with the figurehead, I suppose we could do worse, like another Bush offspring.

Daddyforhire
11-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Arnold is dangerously close to a RINO, and I don't see the states ratifying an amendment anytime soon. Allowing foreign emperors was one of the downfalls of the Roman Empire, let's not fail to learn from history.

LauraLove
11-14-2004, 11:40 AM
To be fair, he's only been govenor one term!

He does seem like a palatable choice to the Republicans because he's got crossover appeal.Despite the fact that the GOP should have, they didn't shy away from George W, who also had a minuscule amount of experience when he ran in 2000.
Considering the current state of U. S influence on international affairs; I am quite confident that the Terminator imagery that Arnold brings with him is the major drawl for the GOP.

I can't offer an honest opinion yet on if I might consider Arnold for President. As Emily pointed out above he has very little experience in a government office. But the Shrivers do have a long history of community service and there would be some Kennedy influence as well which would be a good thing in my opinion.

Ask me again in a few years ;)

VADEN
11-14-2004, 12:09 PM
I think Arnold would make a great president! ;)

BigGreenMnM
11-14-2004, 01:02 PM
I think Arnold would make a great president! ;)
Lol stop drooling Vaden!!!
Down girl down girl!!!!!!

MojoJojo
11-14-2004, 01:23 PM
His father was a Nazi (if rumor is true, mind you).

Emily
11-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm not a fan of him because I'm a ferret person.

" To the Members of the California State Senate:
I am returning Senate Bill 89 without my signature. I love ferrets. I costarred with a ferret in Kindergarten Cop. However, this bill is far too bureaucratic and it legalizes ferrets prior to conducting an environmental impact report (EIR). I am concerned that there has not been proper study to determine whether ferrets are detrimental to the health and safety of California citizens and the environment. The EIR should be completed and evaluated as part of the decision making process before changing the legal status of ferret possession.
For these reasons I am returning this measure without my signature.
Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger"

Farrah_Holiday
11-14-2004, 01:30 PM
^ i have heard the same thing Mojo.
Here is a copy of Arnold's "official" bio taken from www.governor.ca.gov/ . If someone can find more info on his pop's being a nazi I would love to read it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was sworn in as the 38th Governor of California on November 17, 2003. His landslide election as the state's chief executive follows a distinguished career in business and entertainment.

Governor Schwarzenegger has pledged to restore California's economic strength, rebuild our education system and end politics as usual in Sacramento, so the people's interest takes center stage. He is confident that by working together, we can Bring California Back.

Like many American success stories, Governor Schwarzenegger's began with hope and hard work. Arriving in America from Austria at the age of 21, Governor Schwarzenegger has since become one of the most recognizable people in the world.

Governor Schwarzenegger has devoted significant time and energy to improving the lives of others, especially children. His lifelong commitment to service, especially health and education programs, includes work for the Special Olympics and California's Proposition 49 to increase funding for after school programs.

Governor Schwarzenegger strongly believes that offering quality after school opportunities will help kids set and reach goals to break the cycle of dashed dreams. In 1995 Governor Schwarzenegger founded the Inner City Games Foundation (ICG). ICG provides year-round after school and weekend cultural, educational and community enrichment programs for youths. ICG gives kids an alternative to the dead-end choices of drugs, crime and gang membership, and helps them make the right decisions in life.

A recent project of ICG is "Arnold's All-Stars," which provides academic and athletic programs for middle schools in California. ICG began in Los Angeles, and because of Governor Schwarzenegger's tireless nationwide advocacy for the foundation, it is now active in 15 cities around the country, serving 250,000 kids in more than 400 schools. For children growing up in underprivileged environments, ICG instills pride and purpose - and hope for a brighter future.

Governor Schwarzenegger championed the After School Education and Safety Act of 2002 (Proposition 49), which was overwhelmingly approved by voters. He authored and chaired the initiative, which is designed to make state grants available to every public middle school in California for quality after school programs.

Among Governor Schwarzenegger's many public service awards are the Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Award, the Simon Wiesenthal Center "National Leadership Award" for his support of the Center's Holocaust studies and the Boys and Girls Town "Father Flanagan Service to Youth Award" for his efforts with Inner City Games and Special Olympics.

Governor Schwarzenegger was appointed by President George H. W. Bush as Chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports from 1990 to 1993, and also served as the Chairman for the California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Governor Pete Wilson.

Through his professional success and community service, Governor Schwarzenegger has embodied the American Dream - for which he is very proud. Throughout his life, he has openly expressed his deep appreciation for the opportunities our great state and country have given him. It is because of this appreciation that Governor Schwarzenegger has always worked to give back to the melting pot that welcomed him.

Today, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger offers bold and compassionate leadership to California. As Governor, he is dedicated to providing fellow Californians the same promise and opportunity that gave him hope as an immigrant more than three decades ago.

Governor Schwarzenegger and his wife of 18 years, broadcast journalist Maria Shriver, have four children - Katherine, Christina, Patrick and Christopher.

Farrah_Holiday
11-14-2004, 01:34 PM
I found this article on www.thesmokinggun.com

Schwarzenegger's Sex Talk
In 1977 interview, actor spoke of orgies, drugs, and homosexuality

AUGUST 27--Arnold Schwarzenegger once told a magazine interviewer about participating in an orgy with other bodybuilders, noting that "everybody jumped on" the woman involved and "took her upstairs where we all got together." The California Republican added that not every muscleman participated in the gang bang, "just the guys who can fuck in front of other guys. Not everybody can do that. Some think that they don't have a big-enough cock, so they can't get a hard-on."

Schwarzenegger's lewd talk appeared in the August 1977 issue of Oui, an adult magazine published by Playboy Enterprises until 1981 and still available today on newsstands (we originally reported, incorrectly, that the provocative title was defunct). The five-page Schwarzenegger interview was conducted by author Peter Manso and flagged on the magazine's cover with the headline, "Arnold Schwarzenegger on the Sex Secrets of Bodybuilders."

At the time of the Oui story, Schwarzenegger, then 29, was appearing in "Pumping Iron," a documentary on the bodybuilding circuit. In the Q&A with Manso, today's gubernatorial wannabe spoke about his sex life, drug usage, and belief that men "shouldn't feel like fags just because they want to have nice-looking bodies."

Schwarzenegger even entertained a question about his penis size. When Manso asked, "Is your cock disproportionate to the rest of you?" Schwarzenegger replied, "Well, that depends on what you mean by disproportionate. The cock isn't a muscle, so it doesn't grow in relation to the shoulders, say, or the pectorals. You can't make it bigger through exercise, that's for sure." He added that "women have told me they're curious about its size--you know, outgoing chicks who're just trying to be outrageous or horny. I hear all kind of lines, including 'Oh, you're hurting me; you're so big.' But it means nothing. Bodybuilders' cocks are the same size as everyone else's."

Asked if he felt "exploited" by women who pursued him because of his physique, Schwarzenegger said, "No, I'd feel used only if I didn't get something out of it. If a girl comes on strong and says, 'I really dig your body and I want to fuck the shit out of you,' I just decide whether or not I like her. If I do take her home, I try to make sure I get just as much out of it as she does. The word exploited therefore wouldn't apply." Schwarzenegger later noted that once outside the gym, he forgets about bodybuilding: "I can look at a chick who's a little out of shape and if she turns me on, I won't hesitate to date her. If she's a good fuck, she can weigh 150 pounds, I don't care."

On the practice of abstaining from sex prior to a competition, Schwarzenegger rejected that approach: "I get laid on purpose. I can't sleep before a competition and I'm up all night, anyway, so instead of staring at the ceiling I figure I might as well find somebody and fuck." In fact, at the 1972 Mr. Olympia contest, "we had girls backstage giving head, then all of us went out and I won. It didn't bother me at all; in fact, I went out there feeling like King Kong," added Schwarzenegger.

When Manso asked whether he used "dope," Schwarzenegger replied, "Yes, grass and hash--no hard drugs. But the point is that I do what I feel like doing. I'm not on a health kick."

Asked whether he was "freaked out" by being in such close contact with guys at the gym, Schwarzenegger said, "Men shouldn't feel like fags just because they want to have nice-looking bodies...Gay people are fighting the same kind of stereotyping that bodybuilders are: People have certain misconceptions about them just as they do about us. Well, I have absolutely no hang-ups about the fag business..."

Other topics addressed by Schwarzenegger included:

* His dad Gustav, who was later revealed to have been a Nazi Party member: "My father was the local police chief and he led a very regular life."

* His early days training in Germany: "I was living in Munich at the time, hanging out with night people--entertainers, hookers, and bar owners--and I had a girlfriend who was a stripper. I was an innocent boy from a farm town, but I grew up fast in Munich."

* Southern California hijinks: "Bodybuilders party a lot, and once, in Gold's--the gym in Venice, California, where all the top guys train--there was a black girl who came out naked. Everybody jumped on her and took her upstairs, where we all got together." Asked by Manso if he was talking about a "gang bang," Schwarzenegger answered, "Yes, but not everybody, just the guys who can fuck in front of other guys. Not everybody can do that. Some think that they don't have a big-enough cock, so they can't get a hard-on. Having chicks around is the kind of thing that breaks up the intense training. It gives you relief, and then afterward you go back to the serious stuff."

Jay Zeno
11-14-2004, 01:35 PM
John F. Kennedy's father was a bootlegger and mobster. It's the U.S., where anything is possible .......

...... as long as you're born a U.S. citizen .........

..... which he wasn't. It's fun to speculate how Josiah Bartlet, Jean-Luc Picard, or Santa Claus would do in the Oval Office, too.

Farrah_Holiday
11-14-2004, 01:41 PM
John F. Kennedy's father was a bootlegger and mobster. It's the U.S., where anything is possible .......

...... as long as you're born a U.S. citizen .........

..... which he wasn't. It's fun to speculate how Josiah Bartlet, Jean-Luc Picard, or Santa Claus would do in the Oval Office, too.
So true ! LOL
However when GWB visited Ca. there was a great deal of talk regarding this topic. I feel that this is only stage 1.

BigGreenMnM
11-14-2004, 01:53 PM
wow,I didnt know most of that stuff.All of its pretty kewl imo.

You sound like a Arnold fan Farrah,can you tell me what his position was on the same sex marriage issue when it poped up in his state??

As for his dad being a nazi,whats that got to do with anything??
I hope that isnt brought up in any election he has been in!(has it?)
i dont think its fair to hold a word like that against someone who could have played no possible role in its meanings.

Calling David Duke on his role in the KKK is one thing,But calling Arnold on something his father was involved in,probably before he was born,just isnt right imo.
But then,that would be classic fodder for historicaly nasty elections.

Farrah_Holiday
11-14-2004, 02:07 PM
No, I am not a fan of Arnold ! I actually find the whole thing pretty mind blowing !
I was shocked shitless that he was even elected govenor, so with that in mind I can only get myself prepared for what might come next !!

VADEN
11-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Lol stop drooling Vaden!!!
Down girl down girl!!!!!!
LOL....I'm still drooling....:drool:

Sorry, to this day I still can't erase the images in my mind of his naked ass in "Terminator 1".....;)

SonicBones
11-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah, you notice that's kept pretty quiet too.Arnold as President is an even bigger fucking joke then him being govenor.What the hell are his credentials? He has money and he looks strong cause he is a musclehead?::) Till he got flabby that is;) .

montythegeek
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Do not hold your breathe waiting for an amendment to allow a non-native born citizen ot be President. It takes too many folks to amend the constitution and the only time anyone will bother to consider it is when one political party has a possible candidate. Then the other party will go all out to prevent it with sanctimonious protestations. When there are no likely candidates, no one cares.

And the Roman Empire had little to do with this clause being in the Constitution--more likely because Madison and Jefferson (Virginians) did not want Alexander Hamilton (NY) to have a shot.

Casual Observer
11-14-2004, 04:15 PM
There is no chance in hell that two-thirds of the Senate, two-thirds of the House, and three-fourths of the states are going to pass an amendment designed to let Gov. Schwarzenegger run for President. No chance. None.

This is a good thing. It's not supposed to be easy to amend the Constitution.

SonicBones
11-14-2004, 04:26 PM
This is a good thing. It's not supposed to be easy to amend the Constitution.
I hope so.But don't forget who Arnold's wifey is;) Lots of money on hand between her/ him too use.Arnold has done everything thing else to feed his big ego,what's left? Oh yeah be President>:( Fuck You Arnold!

Tigerlilly
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM
I'd be looking and listening to who Falwell and Roberston suggest and/or support for 08 if ya really want to predict who will be running. There is no seperation of Church and State anymore-- our country is not a democracy or a Republic at this point in time-- it is a Theocracy. The founding priciples under which the U.S.A was created no longer apply to current government policy. It is nothing short of a profound disgrace.

I don't think that the Christian Coaltion would back Schwarzenegger even if he could run because of his stance on certian things like stem cells

Djoser
11-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Arnold is dangerously close to a RINO, and I don't see the states ratifying an amendment anytime soon. Allowing foreign emperors was one of the downfalls of the Roman Empire, let's not fail to learn from history.

What history book did you get that from? What do you think the Romans considered to be foreign? Trajan, one of the greatest of the Roman Emperors, was a Spaniard. Constantine was Dacian, Septimius Severus was born near Carthage on the coast of North Africa, Aurelian was Pannonian, Diocletion was Illyrian--the list goes on and on...

The Romans were not nearly so concerned with nationality as we are. They also had a great tolerance for all different kinds of religons--contrary to the commonly held perception that since they threw Christians to the lions, they were intolerant. The problem the Romans had with Christianity was "with its insistence on only one god, [it] seemed to threaten the principle of religious toleration which had guaranteed (religious) peace for so long among the people of the empire."

Within a generation of Constantine, who made the Empire "safe" for Christians, they were merrily burning each other at the stake for holding slightly divergent opinions as to the true nature of Jesus and God.

There is a school of thought, which originates with Gibbon, that Christianity was actually the most important reason (among many) the Empire fell.

Djoser
11-14-2004, 04:44 PM

George W. Bush's grandfather was supposedly a Nazi sympathizer.

Casual Observer
11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
There is a school of thought, which originates with Gibbon, that Christianity was actually the most important reason (among many) the Empire fell.

While I concur with the concept that massive cultural change came with the institutionalization of Christianity in the Roman Empire, I have to say that the lack of national identity and more importantly, the elimination of Roman Legions (filled with Romans) was a stronger influence on Rome's decline. Much more so.

If you don't have national identity, sovereignty and the means of defending that from influences outside your borders (or subversive elements within your borders), you can't remain a viable entity for long.

Djoser
11-15-2004, 01:36 AM
and more importantly, the elimination of Roman Legions (filled with Romans) was a stronger influence on Rome's decline. Much more so.

The Legions were filled with men from outside of Rome long before the Empire fell. The citizen/farmer/soldiers of the Roman Republic didn't last as a political entity much past the foundation of Empire.

There is still vociferous debate concerning the reasons for the fall of the Empire. There have been over a hundred various theories put forth by scholars in the last 200 years. One of the more interesting theories put forth blames a massive trade deficit with the East. The truth of the matter is that there was no one overriding reason, but a combination of various military, economic, and social factors. The rise of Christianity played a major role, one not entirely unrelated to the decline in martial vigor.

The Legions became less effective as a result of lowered standards of discipline, but this happened long after the proportion of "Romans" from Rome proper had dwindled to the infinitesimal.

VenusGoddess
11-15-2004, 07:36 AM
No...no Arnold. Absofuckinglutely not.

Mr Hyde
11-15-2004, 10:39 AM
If Ah-nuld was born in the US, I could maybe vote for him...but here are my problems with this-

1-I don't like amending the Constitution.
2-I don't think foreign born people should be able to lead our country
3-Cult-of-Personality things like this scare me

threlayer
11-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Not another damned ACTOR !!!!

Constitution prohibits non-=native born people. It would take 30-50 years to change that and then it could become dangerous.

Forget it !!!!

Rent old movies if you like to see him.

VADEN
11-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Not another damned ACTOR !!!!

Constitution prohibits non-=native born people. It would take 30-50 years to change that and then it could become dangerous.

Forget it !!!!

Rent old movies if you like to see him.

Rewinding now to see his sweet ass again...LOL :P

SonicBones
11-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Well the thing about Arnold is his persona radiates strength.The guy certainly had an incredible physique.Sadly the general population sees only that.A world leader should have "Power Of The Mind".Not too imply the guy is a total moron,I just don't feel he is in politics for the right reasons.Just a big ego trip for him.::)

Blade
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM
I would have to say there is no way in hell I would ratify our constitution to allow Arnold to run for the oval office...I would much rather see Gov. Jesse Ventura run for the office

Tina
11-16-2004, 08:32 PM
The Republican/Christian Coalition party is shrewd.

I am shamefully surprised that more people don't see through them. Schwarzenegger was a viable ploy to get control of the largest state in the nation away from the Democrats. A staunch Republican candidate wouldn't accomplish that. Just like Gonzales replacing Ashcroft. That was to sell the hispanics on Bush being for them to garner more registered Republican hispanics.

The CA energy crisis was rigged by Bush administration top donators in order to fatten the pockets of all involved and to erode the confidence of the CA citizens of their democratic leader. Their administration was FULLY aware and part of the demise of CA's energy supply.

Schwarzenneger's stance on abortion and stem cell research is allowed to go far enough to gain him support from a largely open minded state but not far enough to do damage to the agenda of the Christian Coalition. His work is done at state level even if he could run for the presidency.

I hope the naive Americans who closed their eyes to the corporate greed and covered up crimes that are part of the Bush Administration wake up soon and keep the Republicans out of the oval office for years to come!!!

stant
11-16-2004, 08:50 PM
...the only time anyone will bother to consider it is when one political party has a possible candidate. Then the other party will go all out to prevent it with sanctimonious protestations. When there are no likely candidates, no one cares....
One of the reasons this issue has come up is that both parties have potential non native candidates. The potential dem candidate being the current governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm, who was born in BC, Canada. Both Arnold and Jenny are considered highly electible candidates by their repective parties and both are firmly in the moderate wings of their party. Plus, she's ... ;D :

http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168--57920--,00.html

madgrad
11-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Allowing non-native born U.S. Citizens to become President is an extremely dangerous idea. That clause was put in the Constitution as a safeguard, to prevent our country's adgenda from being controlled by a foriegn power.

Judging by some of the behavior I've seen here by a few non-native born citizens here already; I can easily see the danger lifting that clause from the Constitution poses. The examples I've seen include the bribary and corrputive behavior native in thier home countries carried over here. Lifting that clause would make it too dangerous a temptation for a 3 rd world country to try and seize control of the US leadership. Yes, Arnold may make a good President, but the cost of lifting that clause in the Constitution to allow him to do so is much to dangerous to ourselves and to the future generations citizens of this country. The idea to let non-native born citizens become President of the USA maybe paved with good intentions, but so is the road to disaster.

Katrine
11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Allowing non-native born U.S. Citizens to become President is an extremely dangerous idea. That clause was put in the Constitution as a safeguard, to prevent our country's adgenda from being controlled by a foriegn power.

Yes. 300 years ago. The world is a smaller place now. Still, I think this amendment is a big waste of time. Hell, I was naturalized and no way in hell would I vote for a born Russian for pres, LOL!

Tigerlilly
11-17-2004, 01:35 PM
The Republican/Christian Coalition party is shrewd.

I am shamefully surprised that more people don't see through them. Schwarzenegger was a viable ploy to get control of the largest state in the nation away from the Democrats.

Yeah !!!! It so nice to see people out there in the world who can see things for what they are and are not blinded by shock and awe

Jay Zeno
11-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Gov. Schwarzegger saw a window of opportunity in a time of reelection when he needed a plurality, not a majority, to win in the Davis recall debacle.

Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are smart enough to put together a trash-the-economy-and-then-recall-the-governor-and-get-a-moderate-elected conspiracy. To say that the Republicans trashed the power system run by Democrats to get a Republican elected - well, politeness precludes "tinfoil" terms, but it's a stretch, let's just say that.

There were other Republicans and Democrats vying for the seat after the Davis recall - over a hundred of them, as I recall. Schwarzenegger had great name recognition, is a self-made, smart, and likable candidate who got less than 50% of the vote. The recalled Gov. Davis had over 70% disapproval by some polls, again, as I recall. The second-place vote-getter was a Democrat who now is lieutenant governor.

Doesn't sound like much of a conspiracy. Sounds like California weirdness. I do understand the allure to say "conspiracy" when results don't go our way.

And speaking of which, a Constitutional amendment by two-thirds of the House, two-thirds of the Senate, and three-fourths of the states to allow a foreign-born president still ain't gonna happen. "President Schwarzenegger" is a virtual impossibility.

Wwanderer
11-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I really don't see any plausible way for the man to become President, but it may be worth keeping in mind that being underestimated has been the consistent story of Arnold's life. He apparently was not thought to have any special potential in his early days as a body builder, but of course he went on not just to be a champion but to be the "sport's" all time superstar, its Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan equivalent in effect. Then, when he first indicated an interest in an acting career, the pundits in the entertainment industry thought that he was a total joke; much bigger and apparently more suitable sports stars had failed to convert their name recognition into a successful career on the screen. Then, when he had some success with roles as Conan the Barbarian and the Terminator, the general opinion was that he could only work in such very special roles where his physique was an essential part of the character. A bit later, they had to admit that he could do general action hero parts. The idea that he could do comedy was also thought implausible for a while, but Twins changed that. Etc. Again, a lot of people laughed when the idea of candidate Schwarzenegger first started being discussed, but now he is govenor of the biggest state in the Union. And did I forget to mention his successful "social climbing" when he marryied into the Kennedy clan? Or that he has made a ton of money on investments...parlaying his movie star earnings into levels of wealth rare even for quite successful actors?

I just can't imagine a plausible route by which he could become President, but if that is his next goal in life, I'd feel a bit nervous betting against him given his track record.

-Ww

SonicBones
11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Classic Arnold moment. Over the summer I watched bonehead,umm Arnold discuss his stance on after school programs for the kids.Which I certainly believe in.. Mr.Genius gave the analogy that "Not all children have a dog too come home too". I guess it's his way of saying if your kid has a dog at home when they arrive they won't get into trouble? What is this fucking idiot talking about?I grew up with a dog in the house and being a kid if I'm gonna get into trouble I'm gonna get into trouble.Wouldn't it have more of an impact and accuracy too say "Not all children have a parent too come home to thereore we need after school programs?" Short and sweet and it makes sense.This over steroid hemroid should not be president! ::)

GnBeret
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Absent a never-used Constitutional convention, here's how the Constitution is amended:

The Senate and the House of Representatives must pass a proposed amendment by a two-thirds majority in each house.

Then the proposed amendment goes to to the states. Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment - usually within a given time period.

But I would say to the proponents, hey, dreams are nice. Do what you feel you need to do.
Agreed. And if we were going to do this, we should have done it 200 years ago and put Alexander Hamilton in the WH!;D

Farrah_Holiday
11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I'd be looking and listening to who Falwell and Roberston suggest and/or support for 08 if ya really want to predict who will be running. There is no seperation of Church and State anymore-- our country is not a democracy or a Republic at this point in time-- it is a Theocracy. The founding priciples under which the U.S.A was created no longer apply to current government policy. It is nothing short of a profound disgrace.

You are so right! I have been watching the 700 club since I was in college.