PDA

View Full Version : So...Im The Scumball????

phillydj
11-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Or...rantings from the booth part deux. So there I am...in a dead club. One which the owners refuse to advertise or promote (and then bitch theres no buisness)...getting stiffed left and right on tips (oh it wasnt THAT bad when some girls can give me 35 dollars),wondering why its ok for girls to come in on there nights off, get money from customers and then leave with them ( smells like prostitution to me)...and THEN...one of my charming ladies (and I use the term as loosely). Curses me out. Ok...heres the dilly-o. I count my money here VERY carefully as these girls want all the hot new shit, but wont usualy (for the most part, minus like 3 of them) cought up an extra buck even when they make like 500 and would just LOVE not to tip me, so I keep track. Anywho I KNOW she didnt...why..I was exactly 10 short..so I walk out to drunk girls car..ask her if she forgot something..and I get..."I fuckin tipped you."...My reply....EXACTLY.."whatever...I dont feel like an argument", cause..well..I didnt. So I ramble back into the club..pissed and muttering under my breath and what ..WHAT do I here shouted across the bar at me from my charming little lady...""fuck you Brian I tipped you you mother fucking pussy"....Nice.....She felt the need to get OUT of her car and light a fire when I was just gonna let it roll. Also let it be known that it was after hours, lights on....15 min after we supposedly cleared the bar. Sio my system being on, I flip on the mic switch and say "you know what...fuck you"....And then....I GET SCREEMED AT. Oh..so its ok for the girls to abuse me but HEAVEN FORBID I say anything back. Now mind you this same chick is one who trashed the dressing room, broke a mirror AND a window. Me....I get girls calling me an asshole and a fuck head all the time, but no one will do anything about it. So IM a scumball for talking to a lady like that??? Well ACT like one and Ill TREAT you like one...seems fair to me. Oh the excuse I got was "Your the proffessinal". Yeah so, Ive worked in clubs that makes yours seem like a piss bucket, but that gives girls the right to talk to me that way??? Any other place that that would have happened in would have sent her packing with a whole lot less nice words..but..Im sure Ill see her this week, and she will know she won because IM the one who got chewed out....and no tip from her.

bdoc
11-17-2004, 12:25 AM
What's your address? I'm gonna mail ya a BIG box of Midol and earplugs. Sorry ya got raunched out like that.

phillydj
11-17-2004, 12:35 AM
What's your address? I'm gonna mail ya a BIG box of Midol and earplugs. Sorry ya got raunched out like that.
LOL.....naw...instead maybe some Prozac for the girls...that would be nice. I just wish more dancers (well the ones at this place in paticular) would just act with some more class and lady like. Its not asking for much. Cracking gum on stage and chewing it like a cow.....NOT attractive.

MrChristopher
11-17-2004, 12:43 AM
whoa. this is the first i have heard of this.::insert sarcasm::: i thought you worked in a first class establishment. give mom an extra "fuck you " from me tomorrow. yeah yeah yeah. i'll get you out of that shithole my brother, if it is the last thing i do. fuckheads are running the show at the biggest club in town. wtf. yeah.

(for the record, kids, this is NOT the club we both work at, but rather a dive in NJ that i BRIEFLY ( and i stress briefly) worked at. only club in my almost 12 year career i have EVER packed up my shit and walked out of in the middle of the night. start a letter writing campaign, SAVE BRIAN. btw sir, i am so glad you finally used your real name....i felt like i was doing something dirty calling you anything aside from philldj) OH HEY YEAH KILLED TAHT BOTTLE. and then opened another one. and you know what size bottle i buy. anyway. wendy felt ill and went to bed when she got home. i am now GONNA PAINT THAT HALLWAY. w00t/ catch ya tomorrow sir.

disturbedfck
11-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanx, Philly. I feel much better about my ladies, now.

...had a girl yell at me from stage once...I put the bright lights on her, she shut up. she no longer requires my FULL attention.

though, as a rule, I never partake in money matters with drunk "ladies" at the end of the night. I'll wait until my next shift with them and bring it up to them in the middle of the night....."hey, I was just going over my IOU list and your name is there for (insert date ), you were pretty tipsy and I didn't want to bother you with it then but, if you could take care of me tonight, I would really love you for it". usually, I get an,"oh, I'm sorry, I was pretty drunk" and it's all good. sometimes I get the girl who just knows she wouldn't do that and wants to get hostile over it. usually dosn't set well with the managers on a busy night and I can fuck up her set if I choose to. either way, I feel better about the money end of it.

phillydj
11-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah well, I have much the same philosaphy when it comes to non tipping drunk girls. But I didnt know she was THAT drunk...and If I waited to talk to her when she was sober.....Id be waiting a while,lol.

AudreyLeigh
11-20-2004, 09:34 PM
I say next time shes on stage play the Chicken dance and some other horrible song. Will teach her to remember to tip :)

phillydj
11-20-2004, 10:04 PM
No...no it wouldnt...not here...Id just get more crap from the one known as mom.

scarlett_vancouver
11-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Philly, no offense, but you sound mean! Of course it's not OK for her to yell at you like that...but the way you refer to your girls sounds like you really hate them- don't think they can't tell! I don't tip people that don't make at least a bit of an effort to be nice to me..why would I?

I would also be a bit shocked if someone asked me if I 'forgot something'...I mean, whenever I've forgotten to tip I always remember later and make good on it (I usually have a set amount that I tip anyways, unless the nights particularly good), but if someone asked me, I might just 'forget' again. It's a TIP! Unless you're the one getting naked, none of that money belongs to you!

Blade
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Actually it sounds to me like Philly(Brian) is going thru burnout...yes it happens to us djs too, usually when the money dries up and the owner/manager starts bitching at us and the girls are less than thrilled to be there cuz there's no money(who do they bitch at? US).
From what I've been able to tell the money is just about dried up everywhere lately, so I'm expecting to see more djs and dancers burning out

Djoser
11-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Burn out is a bad thing. I have worked in some seriously troubled clubs.

I have also violated the "being professional on the mike" rule, but the girl was begging for it. That story I promised to tell a while back, and I will, but I do have to go.

Until later, hang in there, bro....

MrChristopher
11-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Phillydj and i are both quite nice actually, Scarlett. he was venting, that's what this board is for. and also, there is a difference between a "tip" and "tipout". a tip is something given willingly and of your own accord for a job well done. tipout is what you are required to pay, basically like a shift fee. and it's not like he chased her thru the parking lot,at that club, you can just open the door and talk to someone getting into their car. and finally, quite frankly, the % of girls who will "remember" they didnt pay you one night is generally rather low. and as for none of the money being his, he's not the one getting naked, etc.....you're right. but he is the one with thousands of dollars of equipment, all the latest music, etc. the clubs do tend to put us in this position of being opposed. a small shift fee, and then "tipout". we're just trying to make money, the same way you are. we would like to be paid for a service rendered. do i think you have a right to not tip someone who fucks with you onstage constantly, or who is just incredibly braindead? certainly. but i know phillydj does not and is not. if he had not said anything, she wouldve argued the next time too, sober or not. i think he was in the right. if a customer walked out on you after a dance would you follow him and ask for your money? it is the exact same concept, regardless of how much clothing you have on. a service was performed, and payment is expected. period.

phillydj
11-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Thank you fellow djs,lol (and others)lol. Mean?? Moi??? Far from it. Say to 95.5% of the girls I work with "That dj is mean"..and your sure to get a chuckel along with a " what the hell are you smokin?" look. As far as burn out...its more frustration at this place. I COULD use a vacation (who couldnt) but fair pretty well.... Funny thing is, I lost it on the one known as mom and ever since then have felt much better. A little catharis is a good thing I tell ya. And for the record...Ive worked with this girl over a period of 7 years and we were friendly, but many time she would say to me "I HATE tipping you, I wish we had a juke box" and I let that roll, over seven years...thats not mean, thats tolerant as all hell.

ToriBaltimore
11-21-2004, 11:37 PM
I said it before and will say once again, I can dance all day topless showing boobies all over the country, I could spin around a million poles, and lap dance for a zillion strangers...but I could never deal with some of the things you djs deal with from half of the damn strippers! More power to the djs!
And for the record....Brian is not mean, in fact I think he is really nice and I happen to know him personally, not just from this site.