PDA

View Full Version : where would i find silver polish?

A.n.a.l.a.
11-18-2004, 10:54 AM
for shoes and boots. i have these really tall silver boots. i've never worn them but since i don't have a box to store them in or anything like that, they have some scratches and scuffs i'd like to fix if possible.

gypsy_girlchild
12-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey chicky, I would suggest either an arts and crafts store or an art store itself... Places like these will have paint that goes on different surfaces, good luck.

customexoticwear
12-18-2004, 06:57 AM
You can get silver polish at any drug store or grocery store. Look in the cleaning supplies area, where the laundry soap, Comet, etc. is.
You will find it next to the stain remover, brass polish and stuff. I forgot the name of it, maybe Tarnex? Not sure. But it will be there.
Shine those boots up!

VenusGoddess
12-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Ummm...you don't want to use Tarnex on your boots...it'll strip the finish right off...

You are better off going to an arts and crafts store...or even going to the local shoe repair shop. They have all kinds of stuff to fix all kinds of shoes. ;D

LoveSexMoney
12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
like VG said, go to a cobbler!!!! or shoe repair store! They typically have spray paint for shoes and it comes in a wide array of colors including silver as I have had the same issue as you with a smashing pair of silver boots I had once upon a time.