PDA

View Full Version : What is a proper stage tip? (and why I seldom tip more than $1)

Pages : [1] 2

doc-catfish
12-14-2004, 09:17 PM
For those of us who bother to pay attention to the stage...

Just for reference, here was the thread that prompted me to start this topic. Some here may want to chug a little antacid before reading it.

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?p=437386#post437386

Let me be clear I'm not taking issue with some of the ladies comments. The point seems to be that people have extremely varying opinions on the matter.

This is more or less my tipping system:

Tip Walk Stage Tip (dancer comes to my table) ... $1

Walk Up Stage Tip (I go up to the stage) ... varies....

if I just want to show the gal some appreciation for her show...$1, (but in clubs where there is a tip walk this is hardly ever done).

If I'd like to get a particular gal's attention ... usually $2-3 (although I'm getting away from this)

Established faves who have consistently taken care of me over time... $5 (to help make up a little for the money she could be making giving private dances).

Now why not tip more than a single buck? More money would get more attention right? Because much like any other service at a SC, stage tips are very YMMV. My feelings are that the first dollar of a tip is displaying my approval of a dancer's show. I don't expect a rousing performance for my dollar, just some acknowledgement which takes no more than five seconds. Anything I invest beyond that I either have an ulterior motive in giving or is a well deserved reward for past excellent service.

I've seen gals take a five and walk off with it without even saying thanks, I've seen others practically let me give them a gynecological exam for a single buck. The point is that tipping two or three bucks rarely nets me better results than one will, and doing so will just make my stash of George's disapear 2-3 times as fast. Whether I get a replenishment of ones each time I buy a drink with a $20 is an iffy matter in itself. Some clubs (and some waitresses) are better than others about this.

Now I like a good stage show and esspecially like to watch the faves strut their stuff up there, but frankly that's not why I came to the club. I came for the private dances. Even carrying $250 to the club, one has to do a little budgeting. I would like to dedicate as much as much of that money as possible into what I came to invest it into.

Once I pay my cover [$5], buy my drinks..(4 @ $4/ea. with waitress tip)[ $16] (mind you thats just for my drinks), figure the money I'll spend on tip walk tips ($1 each, at appr. 10/hr. figuring 2 hours in the main lounge [$20], I've already spent $41, meaning that I've dumped more than 15% of my money on what I like to call "investment expenses". Assuming that I don't do any walk up tips or buy a dancer a drink (which I often do), I now only have enough money left for ten dances. Usually enough to cover me for the evening, but not always.

I hear a lot of dancers say (hey, its just a dollar).

Well yes. A dollar for them, a dollar for the gal after them, a dollar for the gal after that gal. It might not be lining her pockets that much, but for the customer that begins to add up after awhile. Every trip that alone costs me a private dance. Now imagine if I out of the goodness of my heart were to bump each dancer tip up to $2, now I'm out two dances.

But giving a big tip on stage will make her come right to your table won't it?

Well, it might. Do you want to invest $5, $10, or $20 in a "might"? She might not notice in the darkened club that you put a larger denomination bill up there, or may not know that such a tip is a cue for her to come see you afterwards. If you want a dance from the gal that badly, why not just save your money for the intended purpose (sans a $2 stage tip tops), and explicitly ask her while she's on stage? I have yet to meet a dancer who didn't like a customer making her job at hustling that much easier. Doing this saves her a lot of time, and for a dancer time is money.

As I aluded to before, I don't expect Neiman Marcus treatment for such a K-Mart-esque tip like a dollar. For any customer to expect such is IMHO rather ridiculous. But the fact is that when you tip a dancer any amount of money, you're helping to contribute to her income, which can't be said for a lot of bums who go to clubs. I think that its just a bit ungrateful to perceive a contribution as an "insult" merely because it wasn't big enough, esspecially when you had no obligation to do so, and when a lot of people in the crowd aren't helping her out at all. Last I checked the numerical scale, one was more than zero.

bigteninch
12-15-2004, 12:27 AM
this all makes sense to me, but at the same time and that which prompted me to post is that it seems like there are just sooooo many considerations and variables that it comes down to "it depends" for me. I can't say that I have considered budgeting this thoroughly, but everybody is different and to some extent, I keep track of my money.

Sometimes there are guys who sit away from the stage and maybe at the bar if there is room, who watch dances and don't tip. Is it rude?I don't think so. I am not there to put every girl through school or help them all build investment portfolios, sorry. I am there for some casual, social interaction albeit kinda one-sided with people of my choosing.

I really hate to say this, but I am not really drawn to many girls. Now I know it could be said that there is a certain amount of entertainment factor involved and a person should be paid for their work, but I don't go to every movie, visit every gas station, or go to every entertainment event. So is it fair to check out the stage show. For me, it's like a fashion show, and it's all dependent on personal taste. And the great thing is that none of my buddies would pick the same girls I do. It all depends on the individual. So, how will I know if a girl is someone I want a more personal experience from. Here is the really honest part, sometimes my thoughts have nothing to do with a girl being desirable or not, and I find myself wondering about a myriad of other things like - that gown looks kinda beat, or she migt look better with longer hair. Yeah I guess that is relative to desirability, but it has nothing to do with being attracted or even consideration of a dance, for me.

For the girls that I find dance in really cool ways that appeal to me, I will usually tip them and if not sitting at the rail, will drop off usually a dollar and walk back to my seat before I lose it, esp. when at the bar. It is a sign that I appreciated some aspect of their performance and that has really wide implications too... there are girls that dance so f**kin great that I wonder if they took dance earlier in their lives because their moves are so well coordinated and provides a really pleasing visual. Some girls I find desirable and want to let them know that I am interested, but I may not necessarily be attacted to a girl who dances great, and I might want LDs from a dancer who does not dance in a way that I find to be talented. So, it depends. As far as acknowledgement for a tip, I do expect some sort of reaction. A gesture, verbal thank you, a wave, kiss, handstand... hehe you get it... I don't expect any acknowledgement beyond that. In about 99.9999 of all tips and converstations that followed - there was no additional, hey thanks for the buck again. I can understand that it would be gratious, but friends I go with are not looking for gratitude as much as they are a LD or some heavy flirting and thats true for me. Some of the guys could care less what she says as long as she grinds well., and for me it's not that bang bang butt banging that I have seen guys get and even start to smile, half laughing... and then say, man that hurt after the dancer walks away, it's the smile and the eyes. I think that for attention I have offered, a smile and friendly eyes are all I expect. If the eyes and smile and the words are working, then I might get a dance, and for me, it's the scent-of-a-woman and the proximity that is appealing, not the wet leg that somg guys get and I have seen that happen multiple times to the same guy in one night from the same girl. honestly, I want to go home with dry pants.

Seeing the other side of it has been interesting. The one I used to live with who is away in school right now, would come home with her earnings. Sit down and count every dollar. And every one counted. She didn't like sort em out and say, here hon, these are ones.. I can't be bothered with these... she didn't. she banked em. At end of the night, if it was 398 or 237, it was a lot of ones that helped her make her numbers. I also know how hard she had to work for every one of those dollars, whether they were packaged in a 20 or a 5 or 1s. After tipping out, she would be thankful for each dollar, after all, it's better than working for 6 hours of endless perfection and coming home with almost nothing. I told this one girl about 10 years ago that I was dating, hey let me be the clown (still a clown of sorts) at your son's birthday party. After about an hour of all that smiling, and having masses of kids wanting attention and getting balloons and telling jokes and clown stuff, my face and cheeks literally hurt, and that rented clown suit was retired.

anyway, Doc this could be very interesting - U r brave...

Katrine
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't count stage as important anyway, I don't care what you tip as long as you do it and are respectful. But then again, most clubs I work don't have a "tip rail" where the guys are sitting right under my ass. Usually they have to walk up to me, and if they are one of the few who make that effort, it would be cool to give me more than $1.

Now at a few places, where guys are sitting right at the stage, and have the pressure to tip every girl, I totally understand $1 for each while they are sitting there. I try to avoid working at clubs like that though. I want to make my $$$ of the LD

Just don't say "you'd better work for this dolla" while waving a crumpled up $1 at me because I will snatch it from you and give you the finger....on my way out....then warn the other girls not to approach you.........

mr_punk
12-15-2004, 04:41 PM
For those of us who bother to pay attention to the stage...hey, i pay attention to the stage. well, not really. IMO, a stage show is like the window display of a department store. if i glance over and i happen like what i see. i walk into the store to make a purchase (ie: a lap). if not, it just becomes background noise.

But giving a big tip on stage will make her come right to your table won't it?i agree. if you want to buy a meet or buy a lap from a dancer who's currently on stage. don't wait, ask if she's free after her set while she's performing or just ask the waitress to bring her over to your table. at least, that's what i do.

But the fact is that when you tip a dancer any amount of money, you're helping to contribute to her income, which can't be said for a lot of bums who go to clubs. I think that its just a bit ungrateful to perceive a contribution as an "insult" merely because it wasn't big enough, esspecially when you had no obligation to do so, and when a lot of people in the crowd aren't helping her out at all.so, when they (strippers,DJ, etc) ask you to show your appreciation with their social arm twisting. you readily comply only to recieve ingratitude in return. ;D i'm sorry, that not funny...well it's a little funny.. but, i have to ask you. what do you expect? some small measure of professionalism , social courtesy or acknowledgement? in a sc? look, why don't you just make it easier on yourself by restricting your tipping to your faves and leave the rest of those malcontents alone?

bigteninch
12-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Just don't say "you'd better work for this dolla" that would be really rude, but with a certain amount of liquor, i bet it happens....

Amber76
12-16-2004, 03:53 AM
that would be really rude, but with a certain amount of liquor, i bet it happens....
OMG.... I don't think alot of men even need liquor to spit out a comment like this!
I really enjoy being up on the stage and I try to make ever guy that's up there while I am get "his dollar's worth." lol It's not often I get less than two to three dollars from each guy, but it all depends on the guy.
There are those types though that think we NEED that dollar... the guy that takes a folded dollar bill and slowly traces my thong and down my leg... very annoying. It doesn't feel good... and I'm sitting there like, "Come on guy... I only have so much time to make it to everybody."
Then there are the guys that sit back and figure if you're not practically screwing them up on the stage, you're not worth their dollar. I'm not that type of dancer, and I have heard from some guys, "That's it?? The girl before me showed me her pussy!" (Not allowed at my club although we have our rule breakers)
I've given guys their dollars back sometimes... and if they're rude I can get them kicked out with a quick glance to the bouncrs.
So, I don't mind if you only tip a dollar (it's better than nothing), just don't expect me to worship the ground you walk on for it!!! ;)

Luv,
Amber

Lo Bok
12-16-2004, 07:46 AM
I've found that tipping $5 at the stage doesn't buy much more at the stage, but it doesn't take long for the stripper to find your table when her set is finished.
I once had a favorite that I offered a $100 tip toafter a few dances, and she asked me to wait and give it to her on the stage. She really enjoyed finishing her stage dance with the Benjamin in her thong.

SportsWriter2
12-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I've had dancers say "give me the last $20 on stage" after we've done dances. Otherwise I just tip singles and say something nice to the dancer.

manchester
08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
i like to think of it this way -

i work at a full nude club, where we MUST get at least topless and are encouraged to take off the thong (although not mandatory) on the stage.

if any guy is sitting at the stage - they BETTER tip me at LEAST $1 - even if i didn't get to dance JUST FOR THEM. it may have been inches away from the guy sitting next to you's face, but you are still watching THE SAME THINGS he is - just not as close.

and if i DO dance for you -

let's just say $1 for a totally naked girl is just as insulting as no tip at all. seeing my pussy is worth way more than $1 to me!

i'm sure this varies club to club but those are the standards i (and every other girl at my club) work off.

Cally
08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Hell I live in Toronto, land of no tipping... id be happy if I got a couple of bucks everytime i went on stage.. bleh...

Yekhefah
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Great post, doc. That's my M.O. too, except I have a minimum of a dollar per song when sitting at the tiprail. If I don't want to put up a dollar for every single song, I go sit somewhere else and I try not to ogle.

jannisary
08-07-2006, 09:01 PM
At the clubs I'm used to, the customers don't usually spend a lot of time at the tip rails. The clubs have several small stages spread throughout the club and most customers wait until a dancer they are interested in comes up before they move to the stage and tip. A few customers may park themselves at the stage for multiple dancers but that seems to be infrequent.

On a busy weekend night the stages might be crowded with tippers but usually when I'm there thats not the case. Its generally just a few guys per stage and sometimes just one guy. This makes for longer stage contact time with the dancers and I think thats worth more than just one dollar. This is especially true since the clubs allow a decent amount of stageside contact.

If I see a dancer that intersts me I'll go to her stage and have a seat. How much I tip depends upon the intial impression she makes, how long she stays with me, and how much contact she makes. Its usually at least 2 or 3 dollars for the first tip. If I like that first encounter with her then I'll stay at the stage for her whole set. If there are severa guys tipping and she's making the rounds to each one then I'll keep my tipping at 2 or 3 dollars. If its just me or one other guy tipping and she's making decent contact then I'll increase my tipping to 3 to 5 dollars or more.

Now if I'm at a club where there's a lot of guys tipping and not much interaction between the dancer and customer then I'd probably also only tip a dollar.

When the fav is on stage who knows what I'll tip.

CarGuy
08-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Dang...I must tip too much..LOL. In my local club, I make sure I visit the tiprail for every girl...eventhe not so pleasant ones. Mainly since I come to spend money and have fun. This is a low pressure, hick type club, so walking in with a grand in your pocket basically lets you "own" the place.

So if I spend $40 on stage tips for 5 dancers, it's really not much. I don't do single dances, rather the 1/2 hour at $75 multiple times with my ATF. But the 1/2 hour dances turn into $75 plus $10 tip to my timer (this works) plus I always take back at least $40-50 in singles for "tips in the back" since I tip my girl in VIP as she does her 1/2 hour thing.

Why is it that I am trying to find cars to buy in Toronto, and L.A, so i can make a little visit to Cally and Yek. Sheesh

Yekhefah
08-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeah! Come see me! And bring Cally with you! }:D

gameover
08-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I never tip more than a dollar at the stage. I never sit at the stage, and if I go up to tip, it means I'm interested in getting a dance or dances from the dancer. I don't expect her to jump up and down for a buck, but I also don't expect her to walk off in a huff. I don't think dancers realize that they are auditioning for pvt dances when they are on stage, and that the amount of money is unimportant on stage.

I also hate dancers who don't take off their top on their second (last) song just because they feel like they haven't been tipped enough. That will cause an immediate removal from my dance card, no matter how hot the dancer is.

dippidy dave
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
here's the way i do my stage tipping. the club i hangout in it has 4 stages & the 3rd stage is 5 feet away from the bar & thats where i'm at. so unless your a fav or i get a wild hair your not going to see a dollar from me until you get to the 3rd stage & then only if your my type or your someone i know. if your a fav you'll get tipped & tipped well at all stages. if your new & i go up to tip you its because i think your hot & i'm interseted in getting a few dances from you if i'm impressed by my $1 stage tip. so yes its only a dollar, but with me it can easily turn into $100-200 or it can also be the last tip you ever get from me. i don't think just because you took your clothes off & wiggled your ass 5 feet away from me i must tip you.

fishnet
08-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Doc, the club I frequented had a $1 per song minimum. After that, it's up to you. Larger tips would have the dancer approching me. If I absolutely had to have a dance from her, I let her know when she collected the above standard tip. The girls I wanted were always where I wanted them at the appointed time. ;D YMMV.

yoda57us
08-09-2006, 06:57 AM
I tip between a dollar and five dollars when I go up to the stage (I never sit at the stage)depending on the girl, the club, how busy it is and what sort of mood I'm in.

Docido
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
For faves or the ATF I sit at the stage and tip. For someone who's putting on a good show, but not getting any cash, I'll walk up to the stage and tip. Cash amounts can vary anywhere from the standard dollar to five. If it's someone that I really want a private from, I'll just tell them as I hand over the tip.

As a side note, always separate your ones from the big bills. I remember my first clubbing trip, I accidentally handed over a twenty while at the rail. Dancers don't take kindly to being asked for change back. :D

SC_dude
08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I also never sit at the stage. I only go over to tip a girl that I want a dance from. While I wouldn't mind sitting at the stage and tipping the hot girls, it bothers me when an ugly or fat girl dances and suddenly I'm supposed to tip for that? I don't think so! lol

doc-catfish
08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Damn, who kicked this up? ;D

But since somebody did...

While I was on the road the past couple weeks, I got to do a lot of stage tipping (when you're an out of towner in a club which is dominated by regular customers you tend to get put out of the shuffle, even if you explicitly announce to gals that you'd like to persue further business). Some places there were a lot of people throwing money on stage, in others there was hardly any.

I tipped anywhere between $1-3, and I had to conclude that the size of the tip really didn't make a difference in the results. Some gals took my $3 and ran like I owed it to them, others gave me a full on 30 second gyno show for a buck. (I'd have gladly settled for a smile and a sincere thank you). Its a tip after all, not payment for services to be rendered. If I liked how things went the first time, I tipped again and popped the question for dances, with varying results.

I will say that regardless of the amount, most dancers I met do appreciate being acknowledged, esspecially when their tipper shows some manners while handing over his money. I just wish more dancers understood those "measley" dollar bills aren't so much a thank you as they are a calling card for potential bigger expenditures later.

Richard_Head
08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I just wish more dancers understood those "measley" dollar bills aren't so much a thank you as they are a calling card for potential bigger expenditures later.It seems so logical doesn't it? I constantly see those same girls I tip at the stage sitting at the bar alone, or sitting at a table of non-spenders, or rushing off to the dressing room never to be seen again while I'm sitting there with money in my pocket ready to be spent. I have no doubt that those are the same girls who complain that they just can't seem to ever make enough money.

jannisary
08-20-2006, 07:57 PM
My view is that those girls probably aren't the ones to be getting dances from anyway.

sander8son
08-21-2006, 12:01 AM
i went to the SCs lastnight and was wondering what the tip ammounts were up to now-a-days. Three years ago wheni went all the time it was pretty standard. $1 front, $1 back. But now a buck is worth NOTHING and as far as im concerned we shouldn't have dollar bills, just coins. (i love $2bills though).

I dont sit at the stage haphazardly. Its planned. If i see someone i think is hot and MAY be interested in getting dances with, i go to the stage to see them. How they treat me stageside is what determines their stage tip and wether or not i'll get dances. If you give me an airdance on stage, $1 per tip request. Brief contact warrants a $2 tip per request and possible LDs later. sliding off the stage and giving me a mini-lap is a $3 tip per request and probably gaurnateed LDs... Ofcorse if you run away never to be seen again like happened twice to me with these chicks yesterday, then i guess i wont be getting dances from you. Thats ok, plenty of other chicks inthe club who want my money.

so i had to create it yesterday, but thats my new stage tip basis :)

juan
08-21-2006, 07:46 AM
A dollar here in East St. Louis clubs will draw you a lot of flack at the stage.

doc-catfish
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
A dollar here in East St. Louis clubs will draw you a lot of flack at the stage.
Rather ironic because I hit Hustler in Washington Park on my trip. A dollar seemed to be more than most people there were tipping. Hell, a quarter seemed to be more. Granted, it was Sunday.
:shrug:

In any respect, I remember the very nice brunette who came over to thank me for tipping her on stage (can't remember if it was $1 or $2, or $1 twice). She was smart enough to understand what that gesture was about. Not only did she eventually make another $95 off of me, but gave me some club recommendations for the next stop on my trip. The biz could use more like her.

ARCOR
08-22-2006, 05:33 PM
I give min. $2, sometimes $5, once $20:O

Is my avatar animated, because it is suposed to be animated. 8)

Delany
09-06-2006, 05:02 AM
wow, a whole dollar....no such thing as inflation in a strip club I guess..
At my club the dollar tippers are wondering why I never come over to their table. Guys tip 10,20, even 50 dollars to get my attention and it does. I always ask if they would like me to stop by after my set.

Richard_Head
09-06-2006, 08:37 AM
At my club the dollar tippers are wondering why I never come over to their table. Guys tip 10,20, even 50 dollars to get my attention and it does. I always ask if they would like me to stop by after my set.This is good to know, the next time I feel inclinded to tip a dollar I will keep it in my pocket as not to insult anyone.

For the record, I do usually tip more than $1, I just think it's shortsighted of any dancer to see a $1 tip as only $1, it's usually an indication that they are open to spending more on you down the road.

FBR
09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
At my club the dollar tippers are wondering why I never come over to their table. Guys tip 10,20, even 50 dollars to get my attention and it does. I always ask if they would like me to stop by after my set.

I bet they arent wondering at all. If they wanted your special attention they would tip the larger denominations. Theres even a possibility that those cheap ass dollar tippers are actually spending the larger amounts on dancers who didnt snub them ;)

I tip above average on the dancers I know or on the dancers I want to know :P . But I dont see anything wrong with a buck or two just as a show of appreciation for the 10 second tittie flash, even if I have no intention of dances or tabletime.

FBR

Bridgette
09-07-2006, 05:33 AM
The ones most likely to get me on their laps after my set are the ones who:

Tipped me more than $1
Said something along the lines of "come see me" as he tipped me (regardless of amount)
Came up within the first 30 seconds of my set
Did not try to lick, suck, fondle or otherwise molest me on the stage.

FBR
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
The ones most likely to get me on their laps after my set are the ones who:

Tipped me more than $1
Said something along the lines of "come see me" as he tipped me (regardless of amount)
Came up within the first 30 seconds of my set
Did not try to lick, suck, fondle or otherwise molest me on the stage.

I was with you 100% on points one, two and three. But am walking away disappointed after reading point four. If you can't "lick, suck, fondle or otherwise molest" a stripper, what's the point? ;)

FBR

dippidy dave
09-07-2006, 06:28 PM
are you in houston?sounds like some of the treasures dancers. so does the $20 tip get me a bbbj? cause i'm not paying $50

Chili Palmer
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I was with you 100% on points one, two and three. But am walking away disappointed after reading point four. If you can't "lick, suck, fondle or otherwise molest" a stripper, what's the point? ;)

FBR

Just not onstage, FBR (East St. Louis clubs exempted, natch).

That's actually my stage tip modus operandi to a "T."

CP

Jenny
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
are you in houston?sounds like some of the treasures dancers. so does the $20 tip get me a bbbj? cause i'm not paying $50

A blowjob? 20 whole dollars for just a blowjob? Gee. Growing up, for 20 dollars I would have to lick the ashtray clean afterwards as well.

FBR
09-07-2006, 08:10 PM
A blowjob? 20 whole dollars for just a blowjob? Gee. Growing up, for 20 dollars I would have to lick the ashtray clean afterwards as well.

And back in ancient times, I mowed a neighbors 3/4 acre lawn weekly for $5. And I had to provide the mower and the gasoline! So I suppose considering the effort involved I got the short end of the stick. You strippers have it easy relatively speaking ;)

FBR

Bridgette
09-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Hehe. I mowed yards for $10 when I was a kid. And I also used our mower and bought the gas. I guess my $10 "premium" was a result of inflation by that time ;D

My comments above in context: I will get several guys tipping each song/set on stage, so unless you do something from points 1-3 above to separate yourself, chances are someone else will and guess who's lap I won't be on after my set? :P

doc-catfish
09-08-2006, 09:53 AM
I will get several guys tipping each song/set on stage, so unless you do something from points 1-3 above to separate yourself, chances are someone else will and guess who's lap I won't be on after my set? :P
You know what I do to separate myself? I go on weeknights. :D

I did my math from the other nights trip. I gave a single $1 tip 31 times. Never heard any complaints.

Delany
09-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I thought we were talking about what would make a stripper come to your table or get her attention. I do appreciate the dollar tips, but I will, of course, go to the bigger tippers. :-*

Bridgette
09-09-2006, 05:57 AM
You know what I do to separate myself? I go on weeknights. :D
Weeknight, weekday, weekend - makes no difference for me. :)

Jenny
09-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Well, if a guy tips me $20, $50 or $100, of course I leap all over him like a rabid hyena. (Well, in the club I work now if a guy tips at all I kind of look at him in shock like "What are you doing?") However, just to be perfectly honest - it's not like customers usually have to wrestle each other out of the way for my attention; so it's really not necessary to get me over to your table either (which I think might have something to do with the point?) and I rather suspect that more girls are in my position than in Bridgette's rather enviable one. However, in a club that tips usually, a dollar wouldn't really signal anything to me, just on its own - like I wouldn't connect that with a "you should come over and let me give you more money" kind of attitude either. Really, what works well is just a "Hey, you should come over and do a dance or 10".

Docido
09-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Well, if a guy tips me $20, $50 or $100, of course I leap all over him like a rabid hyena. (Well, in the club I work now if a guy tips at all I kind of look at him in shock like "What are you doing?") However, just to be perfectly honest - it's not like customers usually have to wrestle each other out of the way for my attention; so it's really not necessary to get me over to your table either (which I think might have something to do with the point?) and I rather suspect that more girls are in my position than in Bridgette's rather enviable one. However, in a club that tips usually, a dollar wouldn't really signal anything to me, just on its own - like I wouldn't connect that with a "you should come over and let me give you more money" kind of attitude either. Really, what works well is just a "Hey, you should come over and do a dance or 10".

Or I could bring cookies! You know the super-secret recipe with the ahem "special" dough!! :P

Jenny I can feel your pain about non-tippers. Lately my home club has been invaded by guys wanting a free show. They go straight to the tables, and in my club the tables are not more than 4 to 5 feet from the stage, and sit like rocks. They never move, but do stare. This tends to make dancers pissy and mean. It got so bad that one dancer even climbed down off the pole, turned and shouted, "What's the matter with you guys? Are you afraid of pussy?" Maybe clubs should issue brochures explaining how PL's should act in stripperland? I’m sure episodes like this are contributing to the ennui Bridgette talked about on the “What the Fuck Is Wrong with Strippers?” thread.

Katrine
09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I think the most important thing for a tipper to do, if he wants the lady to join him, is to point her to THE CHAIR that he is sitting in, and specifically ask her to join him. Tipsize isn't important, although a larger tip with the same approach wins.

The problem is, clubs are DARK and BIG. All guys start to look exactly the same after a while. Alcohol further convolutes things. 6 songs later....I'm drunk, about a dozen middle aged white guys all wearing dockers are all sitting in those dark faraway corners have tipped me and told me to come over. At that point, I just jump into the lap closest to me.

But that's not really a complaint. Its not that hard a job to keep track of customers. Sometimes that's just the way it breaks down.

xdamage
09-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I thought we were talking about what would make a stripper come to your table or get her attention. I do appreciate the dollar tips, but I will, of course, go to the bigger tippers. :-*

I guess I'm missing something. Since when has it been difficult to get a stripper to come to your table? Usually it's the opposite problem. They won't leave a guy alone to enjoy his drink. I just tip a dollar or two if I sit at the stage.

If you want her to come to your table, just go grab her hand (after her stage set of course) and get her, or heck, just give her eye contact - lol.

Bridgette
09-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I rather suspect that more girls are in my position than in Bridgette's rather enviable one. However, in a club that tips usually, a dollar wouldn't really signal anything to me, just on its own - like I wouldn't connect that with a "you should come over and let me give you more money" kind of attitude either. Really, what works well is just a "Hey, you should come over and do a dance or 10".
A - I have usually worked in clubs where stage-tipping is not only normal but common and expected in the last few years. So that makes a difference. When, as in the current Seattle club, tipping is practically unheard of, my stance becomes different. Although think I've gotten pretty damn good at getting custies' attention at stage regardless - even in my Seattle club where tipping is rare at best, I manage to get some tippers. I guess having the biggest tits in the building helps too ;D

B - The point you make about a $1 not necessarily signalling any intention of spending more tableside was exactly my point. Especially when there's several $1 tippers. Many guys go to the clubs and stage-tip $1s with NO intention of getting dances. So to help us distinguish the guys who want dances from the regular tippers, it helps if the guys say something.

The problem is, clubs are DARK and BIG. All guys start to look exactly the same after a while.........about a dozen middle aged white guys all wearing dockers are all sitting in those dark faraway corners have tipped me and told me to come over. At that point, I just jump into the lap closest to me.Yep. My vision is also a problem, which is why I wear my glasses to work now, but even then, it's often hard for me to find guys who asked me to come over. I've learned to ask them where they're sitting when they invite me over stage-side. So that's a great tip for custies - point out where you're sitting to the girl so she doesn't have to search the entire club for you. I'm betting sometimes girls simply lose you - I know I do. :(

cristo58
09-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Yep. My vision is also a problem, which is why I wear my glasses to work now, but even then, it's often hard for me to find guys who asked me to come over. I've learned to ask them where they're sitting when they invite me over stage-side. So that's a great tip for custies - point out where you're sitting to the girl so she doesn't have to search the entire club for you. I'm betting sometimes girls simply lose you - I know I do. :([/QUOTE]

This is a good point, the clubs are big in my area and are usally very dark, approach the dancer after het set and ask her to join you or to a LD, if she's with someone most dancers will tell you and let you know they'll come to your table when their done.......be patient..., also if a dancer you've liked on stage is sitting at the bar alone, approach her there and ask her to join you, finally in our area, on FRI & SAT night they usally run two or three stages, if you follow the girl you like from stage to stage, she'll get the idea and probably come see you........ be PROACTIVE (and polite), this is a 'give and take' business, not a 'wall flower' dance social.... ;)

Howie
10-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I always try to tip each girl a couple of dollars per set if I'm sitting there watching. At the club I go to, it doesn't seem as if most of the custies know what a stage tip is, so the dancers usually appreciate it. If I want to get a dance with them, I'll ask, but if they blow me off, I won't tip them again.

Duffy
04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
A funny thing happened to me a few years ago at a Deja Vu in Springfield, Illinois. I sat at the stage edge while I had my drink minimum, tipping the dancers $1 per dance. I was besieged with girls asking, "wanna dance." Turned them all down politely because I'd seen only one dancer who I found attractive. Strangely she was the only girl who didn't ask me if I wanted a private dance. When the feature dancer came on I moved away from the edge of the stage to the steps adjacent to the bar that led down into the performance room. Just stood there for awhile watching the goings-on. A man I took to be the manager stood at the far end of the bar nursing a drink. A few minutes passed and out of nowhere the dancer I liked appeared and asked if I wanted a privite dance with her. Of course I said, "sure," and she showed me to a bench in an out-of-the-way spot. I asked her, "howmuch," and to my surprise she told me the manager had taken care of it. Couldn't then and still can't figure out why he was being so generous. We hadn't even made eye contact. The girl took her thong off and proceeded to give me a sweetly sexy lap dance, she straddled my legs and kind of gyrated. No grinding, just very up-close. During our conversation she told me the manager was drunk that night. I told her how beauriful I thought she was, her "kitty" was bald but her attitude was almost demure. I enjoyed our time together, although I sensed she was a little disappointed I wasn't more visibly turned on. After the third song she pulled her thong back on and I knew the dance was over. The club charged $20 for a lap- dance and since I was comped, I didn't know hether she would receive any money for the dance, so I tipped her $40, thanked her and we parted company. She left quite an impression because after all these years I still remember her and the only lapdance I'v ever received.

lestat1
04-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't notice much of a difference for tipping $2 or $3 as opposed to $1, but I do it anyway. Inflation (I was tipping $1 ten years ago), and the dancers are usually worth it at the nude clubs I visit. The $1 tip is reserved for the dancers I'm not interested in for a private dance.

xdamage
04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
There is a parallel topic over in the CC area on the pink site at the moment. It appears that most dancers on the pink site agree, minimally a $1 a song, $2 per song, while not big-spender money, is quite sufficient and some would argue a good tip (especially if every guy spent this much). Note that is per-song, not to be confused with per-set.

My spending is like Lestat's. I spend about $2 a song if I sit at the rail because that seems reasonable given the cost of living, and the service provided. However I don't expect to get anymore then I would spending $1 a song, and I don't see dancers refusing to dance for customers who spend $0 a song. So I guess you could argue that those of us who tip at the rail are being chumps, but karmatically (yes I made that word up) it seems fair to me to tip if I'm going to sit near the stage.