PDA

View Full Version : Online Poker

sander8son
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Anyone play poker online? I signed up at partypoker.com about a week ago and have been playing some. So far im just using play money. i think i'll eventually put some real cashdown at some point.

I NEVER play omaha. but today i played two limit omaha(hi) single table tournaments(10 players) and won both. so my heads mighty big right now. i play a lot of texas holdem.

so if anyone wants to play with me, send me a PM or respond in here or something.

what sites do you people use? what are the house cuts?

doc-catfish
12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I play at three different sites. Check each one for the house rake. Sometimes it varies depending on the stakes.

http://partypoker.com/
http://www.paradisepoker.com/
http://pokerstars.com/

I do most of my playing at Poker Stars because I like the interface the best. I play super tight so I usually break up the monotony by playing two Texas Hold'em tables at once (fixed limit only, because I suck ass at No Limit).

I'm stuck on Hold'em for the time being, but I would like to try Omaha H/L. Paradise has Crazy Pineapple tables (like Hold'em, except you start with three cards and discard one before the turn card) which I also want to try.

I'm still on the play money tables myself, but I'm thinking of possibly starting a Firepay account (a Paypal like service as Paypal will not be associated with online gambling sites) next year so I can make deposits. Most sites require a $50 minimum.

As far as being able to make money, word is Party Poker is probably your best bet. Its the biggest site and there are a lot of bad players on there. If you notice though at all of these sites, the number of players sticking around for the flop at real money tables as opposed to play money tables goes down considerably.

Katrine
12-21-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd like to join ya'll sometimes. Although I do love my real poker nights along with stripping and doing lines off of cleavage and asscracks, those sessions have been few and far between the last few months.

I'll sign up tomorrow! ;)

Moneywise
12-22-2004, 01:16 AM
I play at www.pacificpoker.com when I am bored which isn't very often. I can't sit still long enough to play.

Katrine
12-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Awwwww, are you ADHS as I am doll? Hehehe, can totally empathathize. We'll get the anti-gravity room next time in NOLA so we can bounce off the walls...............

ADHS Attention deficit hyperactive sexuality....

Moneywise
12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Awwwww, are you ADHS as I am doll? Hehehe, can totally empathathize. We'll get the anti-gravity room next time in NOLA so we can bounce off the walls...............

ADHS Attention deficit hyperactive sexuality....
Ohhh! So they actually have a name for our disorder? Sweet. :D Are you sure NOLA is prepared for the fireworks? ;) They might need to truck in some surrounding firemen. Something about the words bounce and walls makes me all warm & fuzzy inside. }:D My mind is so in the gutter.

MW

Souldier
01-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Geoff Sanderson of the Whale. Oh yeah.

I play at It is completely free. You win Sit and Go points and use them to enter tournaments on the weekends for real money. The catch is that the money you win or the Sit and Go points you win can be used at to enter 99cent limit holdem tourneys. But, of course, you can always cash out if you win. It's a good starter if you don't want to spend any real money on it.

I've won 100 bucks total so far. Not bad considering I never spent anything to join.

sander8son
01-04-2005, 04:20 PM
i just signed up at bike... won 2 out of 4 tournies i entered(finished second in another). played one free buy in money tourny at pokeropolis or whatever. got my ass kicked. lol.

oh yah, my name is the same, sander8son.

Souldier
01-05-2005, 02:52 PM
i just saw you there sanderson a while ago. what do you think? better than party poker? i know there are still bad beats to be had just about the same as party poker cos of all the maniacs. just be patient is all i can tell you.

still in the tournament, third in chips with 16 players left.

the thing with pokertropolis that sucks is that it's limit. lots of players will just keep calling to see if they can make their straights and flushes. pain in the ass.

sander8son
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
yah, right before i got moved to the table with you i got creamed. i had like 2500 chips. i lost about 2k on one hand. forgot what happened. but basically, i had the top pair, and was playing strong...... someone kept calling my bets... by the river there were four of the same suit up. i think i had two pair now(still top pair) and again they called me.... they had shit. like 8/4 but suited.... and it happened to be the suit that was up..... so basically there were 7 cards that could have easily beat them and i was playin strong the whole time.... oh well. so once i got to your table i was screwed and ofcorse i screwed up and didn't go all on the first hand i played.

Souldier
01-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I know what you mean. I busted out of the tournament in 5th place. I was on the button and the dude before me had limped in. I had big slick so I raised 3 times the big blind. Everyone folds but he calls. The flop is Q/J/10. I flopped a straight unsuited. There's two clubs on the board. He acts first, checks. I bet half the pot. He thinks about it and just calls. This point I know he's fishing for the flush or he's got two pair/top pair. The turn is no help something like a 4 heart. He checks again. So, this time I know he's fishing for a flush. I had 6000 left and he's got about 5000. I move all in. He calls and sure enough he flips over a 6/4 of clubs and hits the flush on the river. Bad beats suck. Who calls 3 times the big blind pre-flop with a 6/4 of clubs anyway?

With like a 1000 left I busted out on the next hand going all in with Qs. Someone called with an A/3 off suit and paired his aces. Freakin poker man. Sucks.

When's the next game?

sander8son
01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
i hate that crap. who CALLS all in with a 6 high flush DRAW? my problem too is that i can never win big pots. cause i rarely play hands. and when i do people realize and dump out quick... except the morons who fish and fish and somehow always get lucky against me. its quite irritating.

Souldier
01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
You have to just keep playing your game and play strong hands. I think what you have to do to win big pots is to keep betting enough to have others bite. And, always recognize the maniacs at your table who'll keep calling no matter what. Fold, if you don't have the best. Just listen to the Kenny Rogers. He's not only known for chicken, but, also philosophies on poker.

You playing the tourney that starts in 20 minutes?

sander8son
01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
the nooner? yah, im sittin at my table now, just waiting. maybe i'll see you there.

Souldier
01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Nah, you won't. I just busted out at 45th. I had a straight and called someone's all in. He flips over two 8s and hits a full house on the river. Poker is a beast.

I just notice you're the chip leader. Good luck. Let me know how you finish.

sander8son
01-07-2005, 02:23 PM
yah, that didn't last. i dropped out in 27th. i dont have anyone to blame for it but me.

Souldier
01-08-2005, 10:10 AM
27th? Dude, you had enough chips to be patient and only play great hands and still make it to final table with plenty of chips to win the thing. YOU BLEEEEW IT!