PDA

View Full Version : What is it that makes them buy?

Lilith
01-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Specific instance in mind here, because we have a girl at work that is just puzzling. Here's the deal:

Fairly new girl but not overly new, she's worked maybe six months. Never danced before. She used to be a preschool teacher, of all things. She's pretty, but not even close to being the most gorgeous girl on the schedule. She's got big boobs, but loads of girls have big boobs. Average body, average face. Nice gal, not a head trip, very sweet in fact. Intelligent too. She has a good hustle, better than average, but that doesn't quite explain it either. She gives almost no mileage in a club where medium mileage is the norm (and higher can be found with only a little effort). Yet this girl makes double or triple the norm, every night without fail. WTF?

Can a Junkie explain this? I have my own theory, but a customer's view might be more accurate.

CalifSCVisitor65
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Personally, I think it's the nice girl next door theme. Intelligence works and if she tells guys that she used to be a pre-school teacher, well I think a lot of guys have had that fantasy before.

Just a couple of my:twocents:

yoda57us
01-24-2005, 11:12 AM
"No head trip", "Nice Gal", Very Sweet", "Intelligent" describe every fav I ever had and my ATF. Drop dead gorgeous would describe non of them. My guess is she does well because guys do multiple dances with her rather than a lot of one-and-done. I could be wrong but, for me, I'm much more likely to want to extend the experience with a woman who I feel is genuine and paying attention to me-even if it's a bit contrived-rather than with a DDG chick who I can tell is going over her grocery list in her head while she's dancing for me.

I fantasized about my junior high english teacher. When I was in pre-school girls where icky!

doc-catfish
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Lil, I'd have to see this gal in the flesh (pun intended) to get you an accurate assessment, but it seems to me to be a mix of good 'ol fashioned work ethic, irresistable charm, and having good business sense on how to score multiples and repeaters.

Don't ask me how, but I see semi-homely looking, average mileage dancers pull this off all the time. Sometimes I think the secret is in the presentation and not in the dances themselves. Some gals just have a way of leaving an indelible mark in a man's brain that has him uncontrollably yearning for more. Hell I can think of about five gals off the top of the head that I met on vacations, whom I'd love to go see again.

Lilith
01-24-2005, 02:26 PM
It simply must be an intangible thing then, because I can tell you that none of these attributes make her stand out in any way (excepting the no mileage, which makes her stand out in the opposite direction). I do have to clarify that she isn't semi-homely. The club has high quality lookers and she's certainly pretty- not even homely by comparison- but nothing that stands out.

Like I said, it's a puzzle. I don't begrudge her this high level of success, but it does make us curious.

Rath
01-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Does she come across as sort of a "regular" woman as opposed to a "professional" stripper? There's a big audience for that, I think. You might say that the fantasy is that it isn't a fantasy.

yoda57us
01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Lilith: No offense intended but maybe part of the reason it's puzzling to you is because you are not a man. I've been going to clubs for about 20 years and it constantly amazes me how often I end up liking girls that are totaly against what I would consider my "type". There are forces at work here that can't always be explained...

Lilith
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Rath~
Yes, she does. That's a good point.

Yoda~
Well, duh, silly. Why do you think I'm asking the Junkies? I figured it had to be some secret man... thing... So I came here to ask some men.

lestat1
01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
"Nice gal, not a head trip, very sweet in fact." - Is exactly what I'm looking for and almost never find! Very few dancers at my clubs hide their poor moods very well, if they're even trying. There's one club I go to only for one dancer there who's sweet to me when I get laps. Granted, I have only dive bars near me so the whole "fantasy" thing is hard to find, but her work ethic and sweetness would go a long way for me, so I can see her doing so well.

yoda57us
01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Yoda~
Well, duh, silly. Why do you think I'm asking the Junkies? I figured it had to be some secret man... thing... So I came here to ask some men.

Ahhhhh, Once again I am the master of overstating the obvious.:O

OK, here's the deal...it IS a man thing. If you can show me the secret handshake I'll explain it all....;)

Lilith
01-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Ha. I've heard all about this "handshake". I'm not that kind of girl, you nasty man. Pbbbt.

yoda57us
01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Curses! Foiled again....Oh well, you can't blame a guy for trying. That's a man thing too.

sadbuttrue
02-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Well, since you mentioned her physical attributes, what about personality?

What kinds of conversation does she bring up? Is it sexual? Does it seem like she is telling a lot of real-life stuff?

What's her sense of humor like?

Does her eye contact seem like the f--k me type? The take-me-home type?

Is she the Damsel in Distress type?

How does she treat customers? If she makes the guy feel like he's the most important guy and not break away? That feels good.

Is she low pressure?

>>>Sad<<<

evan_essence
02-02-2005, 03:53 AM
It simply must be an intangible thing then, because I can tell you that none of these attributes make her stand out in any way (excepting the no mileage, which makes her stand out in the opposite direction). I'm not discounting any of the other observations made so far with this post, but I want to concentrate on the mileage thing for a moment. Do any of you think the no mileage works significantly in her favor? If so, why do you think that would be a significant factor?

I think there have to be some definitive answers somewhere, rather than it being totally intangible or an ethereal mystery, but short of prying trade secrets from her and/or violating her customers' privacy in order to gather information, I assume some unknown variables will probably remain unknown.

-Ev

yoda57us
02-02-2005, 06:07 AM
I'm not discounting any of the other observations made so far with this post, but I want to concentrate on the mileage thing for a moment. Do any of you think the no mileage works significantly in her favor? If so, why do you think that would be a significant factor?
-Ev

Ev: Good question. Are there guys out there who are attracted specifically to low mileage? Is this part of some "nice girl next door" attraction? A perceived innocence? Mileage - high or low -is not a high on my list of priorities when deciding who I do repeat business with. My retired ATF and the de-throned ex ATF that she replaced where both relatively low mileage girls working in a high mileage club. Two or three of my current favs work in low, one-way contact clubs. Conversely, I also have a couple of favs who will grind me into the ground and one or two that are most definitely "extras girls".

doc-catfish
02-02-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm not discounting any of the other observations made so far with this post, but I want to concentrate on the mileage thing for a moment. Do any of you think the no mileage works significantly in her favor? If so, why do you think that would be a significant factor?

Usually when people refer to mileage, they're referring to "traditional mileage" (i.e. two way contact is better than one way contact is better than no contact), but something that I think we forget sometimes is that "mileage" in most abstract sense is a very subjective thing. You can measure it with a stick I suppose, but every customer's stick is a wee bit different.

I hate to quantify what this gal is doing in terms of less or more because she may be giving those customers some sort of "alternative mileage". Something would be of minimal/no value to most customers, but might be just what her little niche customers are looking for.

For example: http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45015

Lilith will have to verify, but I'm betting that this gal is making the majority of her money off a small but affluent group of guys.

evan_essence
02-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Usually when people refer to mileage, they're referring to "traditional mileage" (i.e. two way contact is better than one way contact is better than no contact), but something that I think we forget sometimes is that "mileage" in most abstract sense is a very subjective thing. You can measure it with a stick I suppose, but every customer's stick is a wee bit different.

I was about to say that, considering Lilith's post indicated NO mileage, everyone's stick should have a universal Zero point. But I suppose that's not true either. Some of you may have a "Celsius" stick because you mark Zero at the point pure water freezes on your stick, and some of you may have a "Fahrenheit" stick because you mark Zero at the point salt water freezes on your stick. Either way, the absence of warmth associated with Zero would produce some heavily retracted sticks.

-Ev

SportsWriter2
02-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Some of you may have a "Celsius" stick because you mark Zero at the point pure water freezes on your stick, and some of you may have a "Fahrenheit" stick because you mark Zero at the point salt water freezes on your stick.
And what would be the concentration level for the salt? :-\

Lilith, here's the deal with me. Some of my favorites are pretty dancers who like to play rough and do extras for fun. I'm good at it, but I don't trust it AT ALL.... I spend most of my money on a good girl with a symbolic trigger that no one else knows. She looks, acts and feels sooo real, like she's wearing white cotton briefs and her jeans are on the floor.

I'm always impressed that some dancers do well just because they know how to connect with guys. :)

EDIT: Okay, I'm totally afraid of hot sex because dancers I've known who are really hot ended up doing it for cocaine. I'd rather hear, "Are you as scared of this as I am?" That is soooo comforting. :)

mr_punk
02-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm not discounting any of the other observations made so far with this post, but I want to concentrate on the mileage thing for a moment. Do any of you think the no mileage works significantly in her favor? If so, why do you think that would be a significant factor?sure, it can be a significant factor with the right customer. sort of like sporty's whole madonna/whore thingy or like yoda mentioned some guys eat that whole "innocent stripper with a heart of gold trapped in a dirty business" bit up with a spoon. i suppose a stripper who seems innocent and naive is perceived (the operative word here) as being more warm, affectionate, more "real" as opposed to as rath mentioned the more "professional" strippers.

FBR
02-05-2005, 03:45 PM
There was a thread about a year or so ago about guys going for the absolute fucking most gorgeous hot women vs those that lean toward the ladies who are maybe a notch or so below the top but still very attractive. Lil, you probably remember that one. Not to sound like a pussy or anything but I truly believe there are some women that are so attractive they are scary. I think a lot of guys migrate towards dancers who visually look like someone they could perhaps date in real life. Lets face it, the truly beautiful people (both male and female) are a tiny percentage of the population. I might want to do some dances or whatever with one of the elite but Id rather spend the bulk of my time with someone who comes across as real (recognizing that nothing is truly real in an SC).

FBR

Moneywise
02-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I think a lot of guys migrate towards dancers who visually look like someone they could perhaps date in real life. Lets face it, the truly beautiful people (both male and female) are a tiny percentage of the population. I might want to do some dances or whatever with one of the elite but Id rather spend the bulk of my time with someone who comes across as real (recognizing that nothing is truly real in an SC).

FBR

FBR. I can relate. Although I have been known throughout the years to challenge myself in the real world dating arena quite successfully. True attactiveness is measured (IMO) not only visually but also in how she carries herself. I told an extremely hot dancer just a couple of nights ago just how wonderful I thought her personality was. Her response was on of disbelief or "yeah right i bet you say this all the time". Of course, this was during an intense lap dance which might have clouded the message bit. however, the message was real.

Speaking solely along the lines of SC experiences, Ms. J and I didn't just click and become as close as we are today overnight. It takes time to establish that connection. She isn't a true hustler either. You know what's really scary? It's knowing that the money I have saved in the past year or so since moving beyond Ms. L can easily begin to roll again on the right person. Thankfully she doesn't live here in my town..lol ;D

Just when you think you've got it all figured out... ::)

Casual Observer
02-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Sometimes it's really just about the attitude. Cliche, I know, but comfort counts. We've all had dances from goddesses that seemed unyielding, uninterested or merely incompatible. It's about more than just sheer comeliness.

Two cents.

fishnet
02-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I tend to agree with FBR in that some guys seem intimidated by the 10s. Too, there is the niche market of guys that like air. LOL. We used to have one guy on here that though contact dances were un sanitary. LOL. He must have been The Monk in disguise.:O

FBR
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey fish...long time bud ;D

I know that you know 10's ;)

A personable 9 works just fine on my scale. Miss D fits comfortably into that catagory ;D

FBR

DeepGreen
02-10-2005, 07:23 PM
For me, once a dancer gets over a certain level of attractiveness (say a seven or eight), the level of attractiveness doesn't really matter anymore. At that point it is all about personality, friendliness, quality of the LD, etc. The "alternative mileage" hypothesis might hold some truth. Our (wife and my) current fav has a thing for nibbling on your earlobe and neck. Not classic high mileage, but pretty much does it for me...:)

yoda57us
02-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Oh! The nibbling on the neck thing! Guranteed to get results with me. I ended up doing a VIP last night with a fav of mine who knows all about the neck/ear connection to my wallet. Hell, we talked and nibbled for the first 45 minutes of the hour. She didn't even take her dress of until we where almost done. An hour later she did 2 regular LD's for me for free because she felt guilty about staying dressed in VIP for so long. Honestly, I had no problem with it....though I gladly accepted the freebies (it was a VERY slow night due to a snowstorm)

sadbuttrue
02-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Welcome back, Fishnet!

Yeah, the absolute 10s seem kind of un-real. Although there was one 10, for beauty, at least that I could kind of talk to. I usually go for a 9 in beauty, that's about a 12 in sexiness and then needs to be at least an 8 in conversation.

At 10 for beauty, they seem more like a doll you take out of a glass case and put it back when you are done admiring it. I don't much think of sex with them.

On another note, some feeling of vulnerability makes it easier to interact. Most of the dancers I've known are tough as nails. But if you are around long enough, you may eventually get to see this aspect.

>>>Sad<<<

Katrine
02-13-2005, 04:47 AM
I told an extremely hot dancer just a couple of nights ago just how wonderful I thought her personality was. Her response was on of disbelief or "yeah right i bet you say this all the time". Of course, this was during an intense lap dance which might have clouded the message bit. however, the message was real.

Hehehehe......I think I might know who the dancer in question is....seriously though, I believe you but its hard to know exactly where you stand when you are in the position that we were in....or maybe its the stripper playing a game back on ya! Hehehe....you never know....}:D

Xanthus
02-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I told an extremely hot dancer just a couple of nights ago just how wonderful I thought her personality was. Her response was on of disbelief or "yeah right i bet you say this all the time".

I think this is true for hot women inside and outside of the strip club environment. Attractive women are constantly deluged with compliments from guys. The guy thinks that he is being really original, when in reality she has heard that same compliment a billion times before. I think that in the strip club environment, this phenomenon is just magnified even more. That's why when I go to the club, I don't bother too much with the compliments, unless of course I can come up with something that really IS original. Like, "I'm a Love Pirate, and I'm here for your booty! ARRRGGGHHH!!!" or "Your name must be Mickey because your so fine". :P