PDA

View Full Version : psychadelic rock songs needed!

violet st. claire
02-10-2005, 01:42 AM
since someone suggested "white rabbit" on here, i've decided that the original is pretty hot to dance to, too. can someone suggest two songs to go with it, that fit (or almost fit) these parameters:

*between 3 and 4 minutes long (on the longer side of that is better, as the song itself is pretty short).

*from either the late '60s or the '70s, as modern production just clashes so hard with the old stuff.

*preferably psychadelic rock-- no southern fried rock, no crunchy folk rock... keep it trippy.

thank you so much in advance!

SonicBones
02-11-2005, 12:02 AM
since someone suggested "white rabbit" on here, i've decided that the original is pretty hot to dance to, too. can someone suggest two songs to go with it, that fit (or almost fit) these parameters:

*between 3 and 4 minutes long (on the longer side of that is better, as the song itself is pretty short).

*from either the late '60s or the '70s, as modern production just clashes so hard with the old stuff.

*preferably psychadelic rock-- no southern fried rock, no crunchy folk rock... keep it trippy.

thank you so much in advance!

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e916/e916382if16.jpg

"White Rabbit" was done by Jefferson Airplane. "Plastic Fantastic Lover" was done by them as well it clocks in at 3:39. Both can be found on the C.D.pictured above. For a 3rd song Strawberry Alarm Clock-"Incense And Peppermints"

Madcap
02-11-2005, 01:04 AM
King Crimson, great acidrock. Might be a little hard to dance to though, but then one wouldn't imagine anyone dancing to white rabbit either...

phillydj
02-11-2005, 01:47 AM
There is a 3:20 version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vidda out there that would work. Or maybe white room by Cream.

Susan Wayward
02-11-2005, 02:03 AM
There's a few 13th Floor Elevators songs that might work. But I think a lot of them are pretty short.

Maybe something by the Velvet Underground.

tiamaria
02-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Purple Haze-Indagodadavita-sp?-Iron butterfly stuff-

dazie666
02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Try the doors- riders on the storm

SonicBones
02-11-2005, 10:53 AM
King Crimson, great acidrock. Might be a little hard to dance to though, but then one wouldn't imagine anyone dancing to white rabbit either...

I'm a big Crimson fan myself,but yeah how surreal would that be dancing to them.But then again like you said "White Rabbit" doesn't come to mind as a SC dance number either.Hey what do I know;D

toxicgirl
02-18-2005, 02:12 AM
jimmi hendrix- foxy lady
yardbirds- for your love
jefferson airplane- somebody to love
doors- people are strange (i do well with this one cause i look like a freak- it's good when i do firebreathing)
doors- light my fire (there are shortenersions available online or you can creat your own through an editing program)
santana- black magic woman

HairGuitar
02-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love

Gynger
02-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child
Heart- Straight On
Led Zepplin- When the levy breaks

I can't remember who sings this- House of the rising sun... I have danced to that one, and it is a good one if the crowd is right.

MrChristopher
02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
"House Of The Rising Sun"-there's 18 bajillion version from Dylan to Nina Simone. i think the most popular and common one was The Animals. that song is a karaoke nightmare, btw. >:~)

toxicgirl
02-25-2005, 02:31 AM
'green tamborine' i believe this is by the lemon pipers. not really 'stripper'-ish, but it is psychedelic. i have the original '45 of this one. listen to the lyrics, you'll see why i recommend it.