PDA

View Full Version : Your response to "Are you ready for a dance?"

junkieSCJ
02-12-2005, 05:06 PM
What's your usual response to this? I'm always expecting to hear "Wanna dance?" So right off, I say "No thank you" without really hearing the full words coming out of her mouth. What's the proper response that says don't come back without really insulting the girl that she's not your type? /:O

yoda57us
02-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Have you tried "No thank you"?

Richard_Head
02-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Uh yeah, what Yoda said.

Not much difference between "wanna dance?" and "are you ready for a dance?", "No, thank you" would seem to cover either ;).

junkieSCJ
02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
My limited experience has been that a "No thank you" to "Wanna dance?" always has the girl never coming back to me that night at the club, while a "No" type of response to "Are you ready for a dance?" has got the girl coming back since it seems to be left open for them to come back and ask again.

Richard_Head
02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
My limited experience has been that a "No thank you" to "Wanna dance?" always has the girl never coming back to me that night at the club, while a "No" type of response to "Are you ready for a dance?" has got the girl coming back since it seems to be left open for them to come back and ask again.

......at which point you reply "No, thank you" again, she'll eventually get the message. My issue is when they don't accept the "No, thank you" replies and continue to badger me right on the spot with the "why?" questions (anyone remember that thread?).

junkieSCJ
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Exactly! I don't want to have to / or need to have to respond to "Why?" I just don't want a dance, at least from the girl in question.

I'll search for that thread.

Jenny
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Dude - just so you know, that while you absolutely don't have to respond to anything you don't want to, the "why" is a fairly standard sales technique - "Do you want to buy this newspaper? Why?! It's such an incredible paper, and half the price of the competition! EVERY sane person wants this paper!" It's not personal, it's just effective sales. The best response is "I'm just waiting on someone, but thanks."

Richard_Head
02-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Exactly! I don't want to have to / or need to have to respond to "Why?" I just don't want a dance, at least from the girl in question.

I'll search for that thread.

Here you go: http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38356

mr_punk
02-12-2005, 11:05 PM
What's the proper response that says don't come back without really insulting the girl that she's not your type?how about, "when i want a dance. i'll be the first to let you know". insulting? maybe, but who gives a crap. remember, you're paying these biatches to be nice to you and not the other way around. the important thing is that she'll never come back.

My issue is when they don't accept the "No, thank you" replies and continue to badger me right on the spot with the "why?" questions

I don't want to have to / or need to have to respond to "Why?" I just don't want a dance, at least from the girl in question.when replying to the "why" question from strippers. i think Barry Bonds summed up the perfect reply when he was asked for an explanation by a stripper for his refusal to buy a LD: "Because I'm a grown man and I don't have to buy a dance.".

all jokes aside, a polite "no, thank you" is all that is necessary. if she persists by applying the hard hustle by asking "why". feel free to tell her, "you're not my type" or "you're not what i'm looking for". IMO, all this agonizing over the proper way to turn down a stripper without insulting her seems superfluous.

I'm always expecting to hear "Wanna dance?"

Not much difference between "wanna dance?" and "are you ready for a dance?", "No, thank you" would seem to cover eitheri wonder if the phrase "wanna dance" being unfairly maligned? i'm not talking about the case where a dancer isn't the customer's type and he just wants to get rid of her. i'm talking about the case where a dancer is the customer's type, but the fact that she asks,"wanna dance" is seen as a turn-off. as a result, he turns her down for a dance solely based on that reason. in my experience, i've had just as many good and bad dances from strippers who sat down and talked versus those who just asked ,"wanna dance". i really haven't noticed any appreciable difference between the two as far as having an impact on LD quality.

merely_lurking
02-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I would say, "Not right now." I think that would be the appropriate ambiguous answer to a purposely leading question. You may want to follow that with "I'm not sure I'll ever be ready."

aggieed
02-13-2005, 12:36 AM
My response is usually, "I'm fine for now, thanks". Not really all that difficult.

...the "why" is a fairly standard sales technique - "Do you want to buy this newspaper? Why?! It's such an incredible paper, and half the price of the competition! EVERY sane person wants this paper!" It's not personal, it's just effective sales...

...and is still very annoying no matter who does it.

Katrine
02-13-2005, 04:36 AM
At this point in my dance career, I just come up to them, show my tits, turn around and show em my ass. Then I just nod my head like a lil puppy. To emphasize I'll point to them and say "You're in!!!"

If they say no, I offer them a tennis match.......

If still no.........then you can hear a sonic boom is how fast I'm outta there....a smart stripper knows when to move on.........

The "why" question is just asking to hear something unpleasant that will ruin your night.....

Susan Wayward
02-13-2005, 09:01 AM
The "why" question is just asking to hear something unpleasant that will ruin your night.....

That's what I've always figured.

A lot of us will go out of our way to say anything but "wanna dance?" and thus lines like "Are you ready . . ." "Do you have time for . . ." and my personal favorite, "Would you like to see what I do for a living?"

If a girl is that fucking persistent, feel free to say whatever you want. She's probably thick-skinned anyhow. Most of us can take a no and move on.

yoda57us
02-14-2005, 09:45 AM
If a girl is that fucking persistent, feel free to say whatever you want. She's probably thick-skinned anyhow. Most of us can take a no and move on.

Exactly! If a dancers response to "no thank you" is to become an annoying pain in the ass either at that moment or repeatedly for the rest of the night, you probably can't say anything to her that she hasn't heard a thousand times before.

Just remember, The worst thing you can say is "Maybe Later".

doc-catfish
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
When I get a persistent one, I just start talking like David Spade in that credit card commercial.

LilSweetVixen
02-15-2005, 12:43 PM
"Why"?? Some sales pitch.

"'Are you ready for a dance' just doesn't do it for me."
(true, not personal, and educational)

"I'm here to see someone specific"

tampafldancer
02-16-2005, 03:35 AM
When I get a persistent one, I just start talking like David Spade in that credit card commercial.

lmfao, i know exactly what commercial you are talking about!!!:D :D