PDA

View Full Version : Gimme three songs

mark45y
02-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I was posting some info on another thread and was quite surprised at a couple of the responses. So maybe it’s me.

Anyway what I would like to try is this.

Give me the names three consecutive songs that you like to dance to in a set. I will have them mixed by a couple of DJ’s I know in London. I will be able to include any drum and base lines that you want. Give me as much information about tempo and beat as you are able. I will get them back as mp3’s and burn them to cd’s and send them to you or I can send the mp3’s whichever you prefer.

Try them at your club and tell me how they went over. They can be any kind of tune. My experiment has to do with turning a three song set into one seamless experience. You can plan your moves according to the song.

kellythecoed
02-22-2005, 02:11 AM
ok lets try this.

1 Def leppard- pour some sugar on me
2 scorpions- rock you like a hurricane
3 duran duran- all she wants is

i dunt get on these formus much so just send me an email when u get muh post.
[email protected]

screaminpeachez
02-25-2005, 07:35 AM
1. beast of burden (rolling stones)
2 love is strong (rolling stones)
3 wicked game (chris issak)
goes from classically sweet to ultimately seductive

Miss Chevious
03-01-2005, 11:42 PM
deleted

Susan Wayward
03-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Bass, dude, it's bass.

scorpio
03-02-2005, 10:16 PM
the problem is this, by seamlessly mixing the music, it becomes hard for the DJ/Dancer to know when one song ends and another begins, and since most LD's are charged by the song, this creates a problem. I have mixed several CD's for dancers who work in Chicago, where the LD's are 3 minute songs. I just mix trax every three minutes and make sure the changes are noticable. The dancers love it.

VADEN
03-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree with Scorpio. The dancers will get pissed if they don't know the song has ended and they end up dancing for 2 songs. Unless you can do it with an obvious break. :-\