PDA

View Full Version : good beastie boys songs

Petals
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey DJoser, I saw your post about Beastie boys in another thread, wanted to get some of those suggestions you alluded to! Also about Sublime songs; which ones have beats that work alright for dancing? If anyone else reading this has ideas, please share! Thank you! ~Petals

Susan-Va
02-22-2005, 08:44 AM
I love dancing to "Shake your Rump" by the Beastie Boys.

Gynger
02-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Shake your rump, no sleep 'til Brooklyn, Brass Monkey.. all of my favorites.

MrChristopher
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
theyve got a ton of great songs. too many for me to list right now until i finish my coffee. perhaps later.

"i got arrested at the mardi gras for jumpin on a float, my man MCA's got a beard like a billy goat...SKOOO SKOOO" yay shake your rump. especially the bong hit in the middle.

Djoser
02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
I tend to like some different Beastie Boys tracks, as well as some popular ones, but try these out:

From the "Check Your Head" CD:
"Jimmy James"
"Stand Together"--start it 18 seconds into the song. This means it's a short song.
"So Whatcha Want'' is pretty good from this one, as well.

From Ill Communication (I think it's their best), especially some of the later tracks:
"Bodhisattva Vow"
"Scoop"
"Alright Hear This"--start 13 seconds into it
"Flute Loop"--This is short at 1:54
"Get it Together'--this one is different, it actually has elements of jazz in it...not as good for stripclubs unless it makes the girl flow, but a great listen

You might also try these two tracks from the Cypress Hill Cd "Unreleased and Revamped":
"Latin Lingo"--cue it about 15 seconds in
"Hits From the Bong"--this is different from the original, and if you have weed smokers in the house, they will love the beginning--if it's a bunch of arch-conservatives, you might want to skip it, lol, it's about 15 seconds long

Petals
02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Djoser, i'm printing your post for my dj, I'm sure he'll appreciate the specifics! (I'm lucky to have a dj who's very open to suggestions) If you've got time, how about some Sublime songs that aren't too crazy to dance to? ~Petals