PDA

View Full Version : Set with wedding-themed music

kittykat1971
02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm trying to compile some wedding-themed songs. Only song I can think of right now is "White Wedding" by Billy Idol.

Any other thoughts???

VADEN
02-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Jagged Edge - "Let's Get Married"

Susan Wayward
02-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Oooh, what's that r&b song from a few years ago? I just want to get married? I believe it is called "Let's Get Married."

And Nellie MacKay has a "I Wanna Get Married" that's pretty cute.

Then there are of course a ton of oldies, "Please Marry Me Bill," "Chapel of Love," etc. And Prince--"Let's Pretend We're Married."

DJ_Lewi
02-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Try these songs:

Chapel Of Love - Bette Midler or Dixie Chicks

I knew The Bride - Dave Edmonds

Crying In The Chapel - ?

kittykat1971
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm not familiar with most of the above titles. Guess I'll be busy downloading some music tonight. ;)

I posted another music question last week regarding the song "Anything, Anything". I could probably use that too!

scarlett623
02-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Celebration by Kool and the Gang. I've never been to a wedding reception where it wasn't played! Except my own because I threatened the DJ with instant death if he even thought about playing it!

kittykat1971
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Scarlett, too funny!

Pamela
02-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Sexy , sexy and very sexy! I did this only once on stage...i did not want to do it again at the club for fear it would grow old. But did a few private parties with it! Although it looks hotter on stage or a bar!

Madonna: Like a virgin. I went to a thrift store, bought a pretty nice wedding gown and cut it up for low cleavage and such. The song rocked with the rolling around the stage with legs open and boobs hanging!

The guys LOVED it. It goes over real well. Think about it.

Remember her video, and try to capture alot of it on stage as a dancer!

Pamela

BigGreenMnM
02-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Try these songs:

I knew The Bride - Dave Edmonds

Best song next to white wedding for a bridal set imo.
But i thought it was Nick Lowe who sang it??

kittykat1971
02-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Shit Pamela, can't believe I forgot about Like a Virgin! When I was younger, I was a total Madonna-wanna be, with the lace gloves, jewelry, and makeup. I was such a dork! ;D Great idea about cutting up a wedding dress too.

I'll have to see if I can find a good remix of it!

Djoser
02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
...And Prince--"Let's Pretend We're Married."

This is one of Prince's best songs, from before he started getting weird. Well, OK, he's always been a little weird, lol--but it was always good, until a few years ago.

This would be my vote, for sure. Great lyrics...

Susan Wayward
02-27-2005, 12:31 PM
before he started getting weird? that's like saying before he started getting black.

DJ_Lewi
02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
BigGreenMnM

I have both versions of "I knew The Bride," one by Dave Edmonds and the other by Nick Lowe

Katrine
02-27-2005, 07:47 PM
The Chicken Dance perhaps? ;)

screaminpeachez
02-27-2005, 08:26 PM
like a virgin works too

Djoser
02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
before he started getting weird? that's like saying before he started getting black.

Thats good...

and so's this...

The Chicken Dance perhaps? ;)

I was never the kind of DJ who could play joke songs, though, unless they had a good beat, like "You Suck", for instance. Maybe a 20 second clip, now and then.

I had a dancer who was really good at shaking her booty, I called her 'Bailey the Booty Shakin' Queen' (sounds tacky, I know, but she loved it, and it worked). I used to say "This girl could shake her booty to Beethoven" on the mike all the time, and then one night it hit me---why not prove it?

So I did, I got some beethoven and played a 20 second clip once in a while, after saying "You guys think I'm kidding, don't you?" She would shake her booty--it was fast Beethoven--and it always went over well.

Gynger
03-06-2005, 03:32 PM
you could really be different and do this:

Like a virgin- redone by Marilyn Manson
White Wedding- redone by Murder Dolls
Do you think I'm sexy- redone by Revolting cocks

all dark, and I did this set with a hot little wedding veil, white corset and white thigh highs before I left dancing... the music is dark,and unlike what you look like on stage...

Djoser
03-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Gynger, have you ever thought of DJing? I'm serious...

The Revolting Cocks song is smoking. I also like the MM remake, but haven't heard the Murder Dolls remake yet (going to Limewire as we speak, lol).

kittykat1971
03-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Gynger, thanks for the ideas. I downloaded Madonna's like a virgin, but the album version feels a little blah. I'll check out the covers you posted. Thanks again!

Pamela, any suggestions on what style of used wedding dress to look for? Did you cut the bottom to be above the knee, or did you keep it long?

Gynger
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Gynger, have you ever thought of DJing? I'm serious...

The Revolting Cocks song is smoking. I also like the MM remake, but haven't heard the Murder Dolls remake yet (going to Limewire as we speak, lol).

Actually, yes I have thought about it however, there aren't many women DJ's in the strip clubs! I have been asked this by other DJ's as well especially when I used to mix my own Cd's.... hmmmmm... maybe I need to DJ instead of Dance in Boise... ;D

Djoser
03-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Actually, yes I have thought about it however, there aren't many women DJ's in the strip clubs! I have been asked this by other DJ's as well especially when I used to mix my own Cd's.... hmmmmm... maybe I need to DJ instead of Dance in Boise... ;D

I say go for it! Be prepared for resistance and disappointment, but try anyways. If you know a manager that is cool already, especially one who has heard your mixes or musical selections, that's the one to talk to. You might have to start on day shift or the bad nights, but that's how everyone usually does. Be prepared, if you don't know the managers, for a hard-ass and skeptical reaction--they are often like this with male DJs with experience, so be ready.

The crucial test and qualification is how you sound on the mike, or how they think you sound--I have heard so many morons in clubs that the managers have fullest confidence in for no apparent discernable reason, lol.

The key is liveliness and enthusiasm, that is a sure winner. Practice saying things in the car or at home. If you need help with things to say, let me know and I will try to help, though usually don't like doing this, lol.

MrChristopher
03-09-2005, 02:24 AM
i shall be brutally honest as always, and say that i think the remake of "like a virgin" sucks incredibly. also, i think it's one of those internet things where it's not who they say it is. doesnt sound like manson to me, at least not the version i heard, and there is no record of this song anywhere on his site. the Revco "do ya think i'm sexy" always works, and i do like the murderdolls version of "white wedding".

Gynger
03-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Mr. C- I've heard two versions of like a virgin... one is horrible, the other however, is done with Marilyn Manson and the dude from Nin Inch Nails and it is a good one... I know of the first one you speak of, and you are right, it sucks... I don't think it is Manson either, but the one that I have is indeed Manson with Nin Inch.... guess you just have to search and make sure you find the right copy.

Gynger
03-09-2005, 08:36 AM
you know KittyKat, I was just thinking... if you can't find the Like a Virgin, and wanted to stay in the Industrial harder genre, you could go with Kidney Thieve's remake of Crazy or you could go with Snake River Conspiracy's Love Song... just a thought.