PDA

View Full Version : what kind of music is this?

Zaijann
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I used to listen to a band called powerman 5000, one of my favorites was called bombshell. The problem is, I dont know what type of music it is.
I am looking for more stuff like this, can anyone tell me?
Im such a dunce on the styles of music these days.

MrChristopher
03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Powerman 5000 are...i dunno.....heavy modern rock? spider, the singer, is rob zombie's little brother. i dont know if theyre even still around. if you like them you'd probably like the union underground, static-x, adema, anything like that. heavy rock with a sample here and there. there's a bajillion bands like that. come to think of it, i haven't heard anything from PM5K since they redid frankie goes to hollywood's "relax" on the Zoolander soundtrack.

kitana
03-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah they are new age hard rock, like Disturbed, or Marylin Manson. Think Linkin Park, or Korn. If you go to the music store and ask for that section, you will find them there.

Kitana

Blade
03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
the correct term if i'm not mistaken is nu-metal

Zaijann
03-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the help, I didnt know there were so many bands.

ChadW
03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow - I thought I had some music knowledge but the DJ's especially (and other contributors I note) REALLY know their shit here. You guys are great, and this is one of my fave sections of Stripperweb.com!:thumbsup:

MrChristopher
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
the correct term if i'm not mistaken is nu-metal

yeah, you're probably correct. but the term "nu-metal" makes my ass twitch.:P

Blade
03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
yeah, you're probably correct. but the term "nu-metal" makes my ass twitch.:P
Yeah my teeth clench everytime I say it...its better than saying it's called that shit thats trying horribly to replace 80s metal tho....