PDA

View Full Version : Love and Rockets - So Alive

Silverback
03-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Heard this song on the local 80's station this morning. Either dropped out of memory or I haven't heard it before. Struck me as a good choice for a SC.

But, then so many do.:)

Love and rockets (http://lyrical.nl/artist/1330) - So alive

I don't know what color your eyes are, baby,
But your hair is long and brown.
Your legs are strong, and you're so, so long.
And you don't come from this town.

My head is full of magic, baby,
And I can't share this with you.
The feel I'm on a cross again, lately,
But there's nothing to do with you.

I'm alive, so alive.
I'm alive, so alive.

Your strut makes me crazy,
makes me see you more clearly.
Oh, baby, now I can see you.
Wish I could stop,
Switch off the clock,
Make it all happen for you.

I'm alive, so alive.
I'm alive, so alive.

I don't know what color your eyes are, baby,
But your hair is long and brown.
Your legs are strong, and you're so, so long.
And you don't come from this town.

My head is full of magic, baby,
And I can't share this with you.
The feel I'm on top again, baby,
That's got everything to do with you.

I'm alive, so alive.
I'm alive, so alive.

MrChristopher
03-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Silverback, i was a Bauhaus freak as an angsty teen. bauhaus= peter murphy+love & rockets. (without mentioning tones on tail, dali's car etc.) this is that "one song" by a band i liked that always kinda pissed me off because it was so poppy and not like them and obviously "HI LOOK AT ME I AM A RADIO SINGLE". all that regardless, if you get a girl onstage with long brown hair who likes it, you're golden. it's a good tune. i play it whenever i can get away with it and it always goes over well.

ChadW
03-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Mr.Christopher, you have no idea how much Bauhaus were an influence on me as a lad! I am sure that Peter Murphy prancing around in a thong gave me ideas to do the same later on! /:O

I actually used Love and Rockets "Ressurection hex" in a Spinning class (I teach) once at a really conservative fitness club in Australia!

I read somewhere on this board I think a lady using "She's in parties" to strip to.

BTW, I have a remix of "So alive" that isn't too bad.

p.s. never really got "tones on tail" but loved Dali's Car; David J's Jazz Butcher spin off never grabbed me either. Pete Murphy's early solo stuff was ace but the latest stuff? Hmmm.

PaigeDWinter
03-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Love. This. Song. Want. To. Have. Sex. With. It.

MrChristopher
03-04-2005, 06:15 PM
there's actually a brand spankin' new peter murphy album, but i have yet to hear anything off of it. but yes, i agree, the first 3 solo albums were the best. he kinda lost me after "deep", with the exception of the last one he did called "dust" that had really heavy middle eastern vibes, as he has been living in Turkey for the last 10 years or so. ah, youth. i'm gonna have to rock some bauhaus now.

exotica17
03-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I used to place this song and totally forgot about it. Thanks!

Gynger
03-06-2005, 03:27 PM
one of my favorites... I used to dig out and dance to it and people would say, "Forgot about this one!" got a real good swanky beat to it.... combined it with a couple of old 80's songs- L& R so alive, Duran Duran's Skin Trade, and Notorius