PDA

View Full Version : The Interview Game

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

BlondeLocks
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
If there is one skill that you do not have and wish you did have (and use/do well) what skill would it be ...???

numchuck skills like napoleon dynamite

if you could only choose one animal to be your companion for the rest of your life what would it be?

GoldCoastGirl
12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
The one I have right now... Bibs.. a domestic short hair. I would love for her to live until I died ;D

How many items have you bought for yourself or on behalf of someone else on ebay within the last 3 months ?

I'm asking this question as I just went on a spending spree over this and last month! LOL! It's the most I've purchased in the whole year! :laughing:

lwtex52
12-17-2005, 06:21 PM
From eBay, I bought 3 CDs (two Jimmy Buffett and a Rolling Stones), Two politicians, and an electric dog polisher.

What was the most significant news story or event in 2005, in your opinion? Do not include anything involving Martha Stewart, Regis, or Jessica Simpson.

GoldCoastGirl
12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Star Wars Episode III Premiere ;D

LOL!!! I was in THAT news story so it was VERY important! :laughing:

Which movie(s) are you looking forward to seeing at the cinemas in 2006 ?

infra-red
12-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Rambo 4.

Whats the one thing no one knows about you...but you wish everyone did?

GoldCoastGirl
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Ah... well.. um... that I'm zany/weird/eccentric and great fun ?? I dunno. Can't really think of anything off the top of my head... that's a hard one. I'm a pretty open book as I pretty much post about my life and myself in my group ... so.. there aren't really any secrets.. if not that group.. over here...

If you could be any character in ANY of the Star Wars movies, which character would you be and which scene would be your favourite to do as that character ?

AudreyLeigh
01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Damn - Ill have to skip since Ive never watched Star Wars...

GoldCoastGirl
01-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Can I answer my own question? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

I wanna be Slave Leia! ;D LOL :laughing:

Anyhow... the question still stands for anyone willing to answer it:

If you could be any character in ANY of the Star Wars movies, which character would you be and which scene would be your favourite to do as that character ?

infra-red
01-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Luke Skywalker...cutting open his "snow horse"; or whatever it was, and climbing in it to keep from freezing.

I've never made it all the way through ANY of the Star Wars movies, but, I won a radio contest last year knowing what animal the "walkers" were based on...elephant. Its pretty obvious when you see them!

Next question....Whats the ONE masterpiece that you wish YOU had painted, sculpted or built?

GoldCoastGirl
01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Just a side note: Luke Skywalker didn't open the TawnTawn (don't know how it's spelt but that is how it is said) to stop from freezing. Han Solo found him and opened it up with the great line "I thought they smelt bad on the outside" whilst Luke was still muttering "Ben.. Ben..Dagobah.." ;) ....oh yes I love the Original Trilogy :heartbeat

Mona Lisa ;D I could say MichaelAngelo's "David" however.. I don't know.. they're both widely used in modern day ads and what-not. There is a replica "David" within one of the shopping centres here in Surfers Paradise.

If you could pick one character from any movie that has been made THIS century that you could be in reality... what character would it be (and please state the movie this character appears within) ?

infra-red
01-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Just a side note: Luke Skywalker didn't open the TawnTawn (don't know how it's spelt but that is how it is said) to stop from freezing. Han Solo found him and opened it up with the great line "I thought they smelt bad on the outside" whilst Luke was still muttering "Ben.. Ben..Dagobah.." ;) ....oh yes I love the Original Trilogy :heartbeat

Mona Lisa ;D I could say MichaelAngelo's "David" however.. I don't know.. they're both widely used in modern day ads and what-not. There is a replica "David" within one of the shopping centres here in Surfers Paradise.

If you could pick one character from any movie that has been made THIS century that you could be in reality... what character would it be (and please state the movie this character appears within) ?

Thanks for setting me straight on that scene, GCG!

My answer is....James Woods as Dennis Barrie in "Dirty Pictures"(2000). Its about the Cincinatti Museum Director that got into all kinds of trouble for showing Maplethorpe photos.

Question....If a parent was very, VERY ill, and you had the capacity to end their suffering would you consider "it"?

GoldCoastGirl
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Hell yeh! That one was easy ;D

The reason that I felt this was an easy answer was due to the fact that I experienced my mother slowly (but surely) dying of cancer back in the last 90s. For the last three months of her life, she looked like death walking to me as she was purely on 'the drip' (no food, no other liquids). That is not 'life' to me. Therefore I have been an avid supporter of euthenasia since her death. Plus, why is it acceptable for us to end the suffering of our animal companions yet we have all these hang-ups in re: humans ?? *sigh* I'll get off my soapbox now. :laughing:

If you had to loose one sense (touch, taste, smell, sound, sight, intution/sixth sense) in order to live which sense would you choose ? 8)

kikin
01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
sixth sense

what's the world coming to?

GoldCoastGirl
01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Depends if you take the "glass is half full" or "glass is half empty" perspective to life.

Glass is half full -- the world isn't perfect yet it isn't THAT bad.. there is still alot of beauty, life, positives in the world

Glass if half empty -- the world is not going to a good end

Otherwise, I really do not know how to answer THAT question.

If were given a magic lamp and the genie within it could only grant you one wish... with the guidelines that you can't wish for any more wishes and revive anyone from the dead... what would be your one wish ?

kikin
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I would wish to be given the knowledge to understand the true nature of nature. Sometimes I am amazed by what we know about it and overwhelmed by how much we still don't know about it.

Suppose there was a highly contagious viral disease spreading and afflicting tens of thousands of people in your city. Anyone who's infected dies within 24 hours. Further suppose that you can get the antidote vaccine to save the lives of the tens of thousands infected, but it would cost the lives of 10 innocent uninfected people. Would you sacrifice the 10 healthy people to save the lives of the tens of thousands infected ones? Would your choice be different if one of your loved ones were part of the infected group to be saved? Or part of the healthy group to be sacrificed? Or what if you had a loved one in each of the two groups? What would you do in each situation?

GoldCoastGirl
01-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Would you sacrifice the 10 healthy people to save the lives of the tens of thousands infected ones? Would your choice be different if one of your loved ones were part of the infected group to be saved? Or part of the healthy group to be sacrificed? Or what if you had a loved one in each of the two groups? What would you do in each situation?
One question only :laughing:

I will answer in order of the questions you posed.... No. Call me harsh however there are how many BILLIONS of people on this earth ?? Those that are infected and dying.. well.. let them die. I treasure life however at the same time realise that it is us humans that are causing irrepair-able damage to this planet not any other species of animal. No I would keep with my original choice and allow that loved one to die.. also I would do anything in my power to have that loved one die quicker and/or painlessly. As for if my 'loved one' was part of the healthy group to be sacrificed.. I said I would sacrifice the healthy people so that part of the problem is of no concern/void. I would keep with my original decision: allow the healthy people to live.

I'm being harsh however I'm not a big 'fan' of the human species. We have alot of positives.... and alot of negatives as well. I also believe that some of the damage that is being done to the earth (causing species to be extinct due to over-fishing/hunting/loss of habitat/etc and so forth) is due to us..... and ultimate we will cause our own extinction due to this destruction (the fact that alot of economies rely on growth/expansion and not sustainability is a reason).

Now... my question.... Do you believe that the human species will cause the eventual extinction of itself due to how it 'lives' in the modern age ???

McCain
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes, as an overall result of over-population. (Not getting into a discussion here of the contributing causes of over-population.)

Q. Pen or pencil?

kikin
01-13-2006, 07:17 PM
pencil because of the eraser.

goldie: I don't believe the human race will cause its own extinction. Throughout our evolutionary history we have done many stupid things to harm ourselves but somehow we have always managed to find the formula for the survival of our species. There's no reason to believe it will be otherwise in the future. I can't say that human life will be identical to what it is today because, to be honest, I don't know. My guess is we will find a way to survive somehow, perhaps through the hybridization of humans with intelligent machines. Anyway we will continue to be smarter...we are smarter today than we were 2000 years ago or even 200 years. Intelligent life has a knack for perserving itself.

Now for my question: What's your favorite colour?

blondhottie
01-13-2006, 08:39 PM
red

If you could see any singer or band in concert, who would it be?

GoldCoastGirl
01-14-2006, 08:03 AM
The Prodigy! ;D

"Breathe with me........." hell yeah!

If you could re-live any particular year of your lifetime which year would it be ???

RedZ28
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
The year before I actually went to college. I would have gone to get certified, join a dot.com, sell all my stock and retire before I was 35 LOL.

If you could go back in time and change the future ala "Back to the Future," would you do it?

GoldCoastGirl
01-14-2006, 06:25 PM
No two questions about it... since I've watched those movies.. I realise the consquences... so yeh.. I would go back and change the future if I could into something more postive for me and my 'loved ones' (which includes animals).

Which decade had the best music in your opinion ?

blondhottie
01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
The '90's...I'm prejudiced because I love '90's rock. Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc.

What CD are you most embarrassed to admit that you own?

GoldCoastGirl
01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
I have none that I am embarrassed about possessing. I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't like it and that is all that matters. Doesn't it? Well that's what I thought.

Have you got a decent collection of cassette tapes sitting, gathering dust, somewhere in your home (incl. the garage) ?

kikin
01-22-2006, 07:41 PM
no i do not.

why do you ask?

GoldCoastGirl
01-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I was curious to know if anyone else besides me still has cassette tapes :laughing:

(fyi.. I havn't listened to any of them in a LONG time and don't really know what to do with them so I have let them stay where they are (cassette tape deck) gathering dust).

Can you remember the first band or singer you saw LIVE ?

SarahzSexy
02-04-2006, 10:19 AM
dat would be scribe, goldcoastgirl u'd know who im talkin bout. was only meters away form him could of died!:D

Q. Carmen Electra or Pam Anderson?

Mastridonicus
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Carmen Electra. I could at least pretend I'm not the last guy on this earth that's been there.

Q. Peanut butter or Chocolate Syrup?

And I still have all my cassettes

fancygirl
02-05-2006, 01:38 AM
^ Raspberry Chocolate Flavored Lube. Stop stealing all my lines, Mast, or you're going to make the girls fall in love with you with MY brain.

Mastridonicus
02-05-2006, 09:06 AM
^ Hmmmm, I never saw a '(c) Fancy'. How come I can't ask the board for a popular concensus? At lest I can follow the rules of the game.

Q. Marriage, or Kids? Or Both?

McCain
02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
A.
Kids, for sure, but only if you have the psychological capability of actually raising them. Otherwise, get sterilized before you fuck up and have one by accident.

As for marriage.... after two highly unsuccessful marriages, and watching the demise of the majority of marriages around me, I have to say this should probably be left for the few, the brave, the committed, and the insane.

So, yeah, those single chicks who do the turkey baster thing seem to be on to something...

Q.
What is the leading cause of stupidity?

Feiticeira
02-10-2006, 08:23 AM
A. Ignorance and/or narrowmindedness.

Q. Whats your favorite TV show?

kirbie_kyle
02-10-2006, 06:37 PM
A. Would y'all kill me if I said The O.C. haha...
Q. What songs do you find yourself singing in the shower most often?

SarahzSexy
02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
would have to be nirvana!

Q. Describe your teen years in 3 words

kikin
02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
pretty fucked up!

Q. what's that you're holding in your hands?

McCain
02-12-2006, 11:45 PM
A. The whole bleedin' world.

Q. Why does black inkjet ink ALWAYS run out while you are printing critical paperwork that you need RIGHT then?

Sh0t
02-13-2006, 07:23 AM
A: Because you are the world's most unlucky person

Q: What was the last lie you told your S.O.?

lizlizliz
02-13-2006, 12:21 PM
A: Telling him I was over him to save face (as we'd been broken up for 8 months by then).

Q: Do you pick your nose?

kirbie_kyle
02-15-2006, 07:38 PM
A: Not unless I want my nails to go through there :)
Q: If you could own any company for a day, what would it be?

GoldCoastGirl
02-16-2006, 12:34 AM
A: Microsoft
B: If you could own any company for a day, what would it be ?

(Good question!)

kikin
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM
A: StripperWeb

Q: If you could be anyone famous, who would you be?

Nautilus
02-16-2006, 03:09 AM
A: Oprah

Q: What would you do if you found Bin Laden under your house (couch/car)

lizlizliz
02-16-2006, 03:21 AM
a: take pics, call the popo and the local media and begin collecting $$$
q: what's the sleaziest thing you have ever done?

GoldCoastGirl
02-19-2006, 02:05 PM
sleazy (adjective)
dirty, cheap or not socially acceptable, especially relating to moral or sexual matters.

A: According to my parents, what I do as a business/form of employment is sleazy. Personally, I havn't done anything remotely sleazy.

Q: If you could have incredible fulfilling sex anywhere in the world, where would you love for this marvellous occasion(s) to happen ??

kirbie_kyle
02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
A. Good Question (right back at ya!) :D
I would probably have to say on a waterfall on a tropical island in New Zealand
after going for a nice long hike. (Sorry if it's cheesy)

B. If you had to live with seven ex-celebrities on the Sureal Life, who would they be and why?

Love, Kirbie

pipermarau
03-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Living or dead?
1. Gretta Garbo-for her beauty and style. She's also one hell of an actress and paved the way for female role models in the acting business.
2. Evander Holyfield-just to have a boxer on the show
3. Rosalind Russel-she was a good person and had a unique back ground that woud make things interesting. i think she would be great friend with Gretta.
4. Lucille Ball-to see if she picks a fight first for making the less successful remake for Auntie mame.
5. Thomas Dolby-just to see what happens
6. Clarence Carter-we need a love doctor on the show
7. Mayday-one of Amsterdam's most famous transvestites. since i picked three guys and three girls i wanted to throw the balance a little.

I think that would be a fascinating show right there.

Q. macaroni made from the box or made from scratch?

SarahzSexy
03-15-2006, 05:28 AM
a.def scratch no doubt

q. wots ur clothing style?

pipermarau
03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
mosty goth but when i go out on the town for the night i dress more 1920's elegant

Q. Are children really growing up faster these days or are the just telling ourselves that because we don't want to own up to exposing them to so much now?

kirbie_kyle
03-17-2006, 11:28 AM
A. I'm pretty much still a child myself (I just turned 18 in June), but as I see it, people have more cultural access nowadays and because of this exposure they feel compelled to emulate the images they see around them. There are varying degrees of exposure, as someone in rural Nebraska is probably less likely to have the sophistication level of someone living in downtown Manhattan. In conclusion, I think it's environmental.

Q. If you could play one character in any movie who would it be?

pipermarau
03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
i would like to play princess buttercup from the princess bride movie. i think carry elwes (wesley) is just hot!!

Q what is the one thing in life you cannot live without?