PDA

View Full Version : transition from private parties to strip clubs?

jerseygirl19
04-19-2005, 12:44 AM
I dance for a company that sends out strippers to private parties. i love it, its great money, but i feel as though i'd have a better time at strip clubs. the thing is, i dont know how hard the transition would be. do u think it's easier to transition from a strip club dancer to a private party dancer or the other way around? any input would be great. thanks!

madmaxine
04-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Depends where you work and live. I won't say more. I will say I'll never dance at parties again after the last one I did nearly turned into a brawl and my bouncer was trying to sell E to the retards at the party after he hustled me out to my car.....if you look at it that way, clubs aren't too bad.

slutty
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
it wouldn't be a hard transition, you'd br doing the same thing but only around more people

colleen
04-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I won't do parties any more, for pretty much the same reasons as madmaxine. I used to love them, but now they are a big free-for-all. In the clubs, you are more protected and there are more rules that have to be followed. At the last few parties I did, custy's were always hassling me for extras, and then saying, well, who's going to know? At a club, you can aleays say, look, I need to have a job to come back to tomorrow. . . .

jerseygirl19
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, my issue isn't with safety or with rude customers. We are actually more than well protected by our bouncers who travel with us, and the money is probably greater than what i would earn in most strip clubs - at an hour party i will probably average about 300-600. and i do more than one parties a night, the most i've done is 3 in one night, so the money is pretty good. its just that our shifts are really long, i usually work the 8-4am shift, we show up at the office, and hang around until they send us out to parties and whatnot, and more than 75% of the time i'll end up staying past 4am because the calls are the heaviest between 2am-7am. so when theres a call at 3:30 and i get sent out to the party iw ont be back till like 5:30 (including travel time) so i just want a regular schedule where i know exactly what time i'll be back. i dont know, for now, there are no clubs around me anyway but i was just wondering for future references. thanks for your replies :)

fancygirl
04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
huh- your party company is much different from mine. I can understand why you'd like to do the clubs. IMO the money is less, but at least it's consistent (slow periods for parties can last months depending on where you work). I also like working club occasionally to network with the girls, listen to different music, and buy/sell/trade clothes.
On the other hand, (and as long as you have good bouncers) I find the freedom of the parties a lot more fun. I'm the focus of 10-30 men, as opposed to just one or two at the club, and the men have less time to spend their money. I also like doing the games at parties that aren't necessarily allowed at clubs (esp. oil shows with another girl--no sex or kissing involved-- that always brings in a lot of cash.)
I would say, if you can get yourself into a situation where you can do parties and the club (say, do club during the weekdays, or just doing parties that are called in advance) then you'd have a really good balance that would have to growing less tired of either parties or clubs alone.

Good luck. PM if you want to compare notes on party dancing.

fancygirl
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Holy Shit! I'm a senior member now...Lookout Goddess title, I'm coming yer way!

ksalerio
04-20-2005, 05:45 AM
I seriously dont think i could ever do the switch. Working at a club you actually put on a shift. I actually get to go out with my friends after work a l lot of times. Doing partys you do a couple shows, an hour each and come home with $1000. At partys you are normally the only girl there, and you have every guys pockets until other girls get there.

Im sure if you put your mind to it and hustle youll do fine. Post how the transition went i wanna know, if i ever want to switch. Thanks

IsabelleRose
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I starting out dancing by doing parties in Chicago, and after two years switched to clubs, and I found it to be a very difficult transition. I danced at clubs in Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, and Pheonix, and never found it to be as smooth going as parties.
As stated by others on this thread, you are the center of attention at parties. You are guaranteed to make money the moment you walk in the door - you get paid in advance, and as long as you do your show, you walk out with your cut. There is major flexibility to make tips on top of that. The only issue I had with parties was safety. Even if a big guy is with you as a bouncer, a group of 20 men CAN overpower him if they want to.

So, I found the guaranteed safety factor at clubs to be a huge plus.

But I found it very difficult and frustrating to all-of-a-sudden be competing with a room full of beautiful women for one guys attention and money! I never could make as much in one night at a club as I could at parties.... As you know, if you have 3 or 4 parties in one night, thats $200/party(minimum), for 30-40 minutes of work/party. So, your making 600-800 in a few hours of actual work (not including driving)
My suggestion (maybe i'll take my own advice) is to do parties during high season, and then work at clubs during the slow season if you want to keep the income flowing.

A caveat: I started working at clubs becuase doing parties can take its toll - its good to take a break if you need to, listen to what you need.

liyah
04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I've always worked in clubs... on a very busy night I can leave with up to 2000, its all in the hustle baybee !

GoldCoastGirl
04-11-2006, 08:25 PM
As someone who is bridging the two worlds (not successfully however I am briding the two worlds) I can say this: only stop working private parties if your sales skills are up to par. If you do not know how to sell, do not work in a club as you will definately find it alot more stressful.

My only problem with bridging the gap between private parties and working in a strip club (well, here in Australia) is that I can make great money in a strip club due to being natural (no enhancements), petite and full of personality (personality and attidue is valued more highly whereas looks comes in a second to those two attributes once you are working in a strip club).... whereas being natural and brunette isn't so crash hot even tho' I do have talent and personality (once I arrive, do my show or waitress booking they love me). I just seems that looks is highly valued in the private party business here locally (esp. being blonde and busty).

In the end, the private party work is working for you. It will be stressful and not as easy for you to transition into club dancing as you may think it is... not everyone can do both. Usually it is one or the other... even for me I am more skilled as a strip club dancer than a private party one (I have talent in both however my preference for one over the other is there).

cinammonkisses
04-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I think I"m going to get back into doing private shows. I've never heard "no" during a private show, but I hear it often at the strip club.

The only downside to private shows is that you have to wait for the call...well I guess in a strip club you have to wait for the customers to come in too. But there is always so many variables when it comes to strip clubs..

Spring is here, I'm going to be looking back into private shows soon.

Bonnitta
04-12-2006, 10:33 AM
a friend of mine just transfered from a strip club where they did private dances along with "extra's" to the club where i work at . my club is very laid back and there are no exrta's around and no private parties allowed. The thing is shes used to making at least on an average night 900$ now that shes at my club she only makes maybe 150 and thats before paying her driver and her bar coverage ext.... so i would think transfering from private parties and making good money to a club can be alot more difficult mainly becouse its not what your used to

Darcy Foxx
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
reviving this thread cos at the moment i'm considering going back to club work!

i'm still going to keep doing my private parties on weekends, but wedding season is coming to a close and tax time is coming up and i'd really like to finish paying for my car asap, and over the next few quiet months private parties just won't bring in enough cash. that, and i'm getting bored of only working one/two nights a week, and it'd be fun to go to a club where i can do stage shows again!!

there's a club in the city that i've done some competitions at and found the staff there to be very welcoming and friendly (i was offered work by 4 people in management there at the last comp i did), so i've spoken to the girl who manages the dancers and she's said that they'd love to have me working there, and it'd be fine for me to just work 2-3 weeknights each week and continue doing my private parties on friday/saturday nights, and that if i felt like it i could come in on the weekends after finishing up all my privates. i'm confident that i'd be taken on as a 'showgirl' immediately too, which would mean i'd be paid to do stage shows each night.

sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me!

it'll be interesting to see whether i can readjust myself to club work though. i'm thinking i might do a few trial shifts there next week and see how i go. hopefully i can get myself back into the 'zone', and remember how to hustle hehe.

but yeah... i really hope i still have it in me!!

Bonnitta
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Darcy Foxx
okay if wedding season is coming to a halt then i shouldnt be getting married in the summer lol hahah my bf is having a batchelor party and he was lookin at your pics and wants to know if you would be one of the private dancers at the party.... ( how ackward this makes me feel ) considering im a stripper its pretty bad when your bf asks for another woman lol hahahah and im pretty sure you still have it in you i know damn well i wouldmt be able to do private dances im to sketchy about that sort of thing lol

Darcy Foxx
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
umm if he's prepared to pay my airfare from australia then sure, i'll be the stripper at the party!