PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Talent?

sexystephani
05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
I posted my information on an adult site and was contacted by Ron with Bay Area Talent and I was wondering if anyone on here has worked for this company. Sorry for the questions Im just a little naive and I want to know what is normal after a company has contacted you. He said for the photo shoot I pay to drive to Sunnyvale Ca (Bay Area - short drive) and they would put me up in the Sheraton Id room with another girl and they take pics - we talked about my comfort levels etc).
Does this sound normal?
Thank you

polecat
05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
You need to be extremely careful as there are a number of seedy operations that operate exactly as you have described. They are usually run in the Sheraton/Sunnyvale. They also have been known to run in several hotels in Burlingame.

My best suggestion to you is to define that you wont be coming alone but instead with security/bodyguard and driver. If there is hesitation at this concept, you'll know it isn't on the up and up. Authentic photoshoots don't care if you prefer to bring someone along for security, especially if it's to a hotel room. You don't really even need this person- it's just a smokescreen to see what the reaction is. If it's a seedy operation or made-up company, they'll be negative (usually the reason for the 'other girl' in the equation- to express she wont allow anyone in the room). When you actually show up, you can come alone (but don't recommend it).. but place your cellphone on the table and explain it's got a panic button set for your 'driver' who is just outside waiting.

sexystephani
05-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Thats exactly what I didnt want to hear - but knew thats what it had to be when the guy called me about 5 minutes after I put up my portfolio I started thinking it was a little strange. Thank youn I had a feeling if it sounds too good to be true it probaly is.

Silky
05-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Screw that phony. HaHa your too smart for him. I really hate the fact that women have to worry about these nasty horny fake photographers. A nice reputable photographer would be glad to have you ,so good luck if you continue seaching !

polecat
05-14-2005, 08:43 PM
The fact that there ARE seedy operations run from hotel rooms doesn't negate the few that are on the level. Using driver/security feelers is just a good way to divide the good from the bad.

Some legit's DO operate out of hotel rooms as they can setup/tear down fairly quickly and the surroundings are clean. It also protects more amateur-ish start-ups from the opposite issues- crack/meth girls with 'managers'.. which you dont want buzzing around any possible office space until there is some degree of trust built.

The 5 minute thing is kinda troublesome though.. it does smell of the 'lion seeking prey' deal. I'd conduct more research on the company before going too far with their offer.

sexystephani
05-15-2005, 08:03 PM
I love youre quote Polecat thats beautiful "It doesn't matter if you're somebody in this world, it rather matters you mean the whole world to somebody."