PDA

View Full Version : Male Dancer...Moves?

ModelAbe
07-16-2005, 01:04 AM
I've recently started to do private party dances/stripping (I guess that's what you would call it) for several friends of mine at special occasions. I'm very amature, but I would like to become better at this. I often wonder, how should I be dancing for my client? My initial reaction when I begin to dance for them is to basically just grind against them as I would at a nightclub. Is this wrong? If so, how should I be dancing?

Emily
07-16-2005, 01:42 AM
have you watched that series on VH1 called Stripsearch? They showed a lot of sexy moves on there. I'm sure it'll air some time this weekend. Pay atention to the last episode.

For me though....it's way hotter when a guy dances 1 inch from me instead of right on me.

Mr.B
07-16-2005, 05:03 AM
It depends on the "vibe" that you have working for you.

It's like any business: First you have to honestly analyze your situation - Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Are you a pretty boy, the rugged type, classy formal or a combination of the aforementioned? You have to choose correctly because it will determine your future success.

Once you've figured out what "roles" you will put in your arsenal then you have to hone your skills for those roles. Basic dance training for a male stripper is a definite must, unless you are fortunate enough to have raw dancing talent. You can only get so far by "winging it". Your moves absolutely have to match your "look" and your entire presentation should be 100% Alpha male material. Women are ten times more perceptive than us men when it comes to sexual attraction, so during your "performance" testosterone has to literally flow from every pore.

It's more than just dancing and the moves that you've got though. Absolute confidence in everything you're doing is your ultimate goal because when you step through that door or onstage, there is no room for error. You'll know that you've "got it" when you can go out in "character" in public and instantly command the attention of the majority of women (and gay men) wherever you are - with your clothes on, of course.

Susan Wayward
07-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Since male dancers really have to actually dance, I would really recommend taking a jazz dance class or something--not that you want to bust out with jazz hands, but it will absolutely give you more to work with.

ModelAbe
07-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks a lot you guys! That was great feedback for me. I guess it's about time I got back into my dance classes again huh? And I think I'll try to watch out for StripSearch on VH1. Do you think Latin dance training is a good class? And don't worry, I won't be busting out with my jazz hands or spirit fingers any time soon, haha!

Paris
07-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Watch the grinding on the ladies unless you are behind them. Nothing worse then having a male dancer dry humping all over me :P

The latin dance style is great, and "refresher" corses are always a good idea no matter what business you are in. I also agree with you on the Jazz hands comment. You don't want to look too flamboyant stripping. Think more of a hip-hop bent to your latin style.

Exotic dancing is styized sexuality. Actual intercorse is silly looking, sylized intercorse is beautiful and arousing beyond belief!

Miss_Eliza
07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I haven't seen many male dancers , but the one I liked best through some slow one handed push ups into his rutine. it wasn't grr look how pumped i am. it was sexy and slow and he was looking up at the crowd as he did it.
he also did some steady again not fast just steady chin ups on the cross bar with his back to the crowd. I don't know if this helps any but good luck.

SilverScreenStarlet
12-22-2005, 05:36 PM
at the strip club i work men do their little performance on saturdays. they use a routine and song to fit their personalities. one guy (he's a hillbilly) dances to country tunes like "she thinks my tractor is sexy". another guy (great stage presence) dances to songs like "we will rock you". another good one was one guy came in dressed like tom cruise in "risky business" and he did that tom cruise dance. that one got tons of women going nuts!!

billyblue79
12-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Think of it in terms of the Lead Male Character in any decent Romance Novel. Those covers are great, give me a personality to boot. Look truely happy to be were you are, eye contact and the way a man looks at a you when he sees something he really wants. Don't laugh but if you want a really sexy example, Anikan Skywalker. "Bed room eyes" Oh and don't forget to smile. When you hit that stage, own it and if you do any up close and personals, make that person see only the two of you, hold their attention. Lip bitting is also very sexy, your own of course. You have endless possibilities with this, Oh and haven never spoken to a male entertainer. Oh and gentle touches to the back of the arms, and soft pulling motion down the back, will make anyone swoon. The rest is in your hips. What you do there comes down the feed back you are getting from your audiance. These rules really apply to everyone, in the biz. I sell more dances to married women than I do to single men. My general audience is 45% female. How is the percent factor for your audience? Are couples normal?
Sell the image baby,

Billie