PDA

View Full Version : How to Build a Stripper Pole

johnnylee
07-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Home Made Dancing Pole for under $100

How to Build a Stripper Pole (http://jaysilver.net/pictures/cosmo/2/stripperpole.html)

SportsWriter2
08-02-2005, 07:30 AM
Nice project. I'd drill two holes near the top in case you need to tie someone to the pole. Maybe some eye-bolts into the sides of the base, too. :O

Come to think of it, we could turn this thread into a Pimp My Pole design charrette. :)

threlayer
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
incomplete....

Doesn't appear to get attached to the ceiling. Also some covering is needed, or knees and butts will get splinters from the plywood, esp the edges..

SportsWriter2
08-03-2005, 04:36 AM
incomplete....

Doesn't appear to get attached to the ceiling. Also some covering is needed, or knees and butts will get splinters from the plywood, esp the edges..

You want it to be portable for parties (and for storage). The base makes it stable so you don't have to attach it to the ceiling. You can can use ACX plywood smooth side up with a stain and polyurethane. Most of the stages I've seen are hardwood.

You could add roller wheels to one edge to push it down the hallway.

I've seen club poles that don't attach to the ceiling. I've seen cool tricks at the top, too, including a modified supergirl stunt. I bet you could solvent weld a PVC cap to the top of the steel rod. :)

yoda57us
08-03-2005, 04:53 AM
What good is a stripper pole without the strippers?

SportsWriter2
08-04-2005, 09:15 AM
What good is a stripper pole without the strippers?
If you build it, they will come.

threlayer
08-04-2005, 02:19 PM
If you build it, they will come.

Yeah. But, please, not on the pole!

yoda57us
08-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Yeah. But, please, not on the pole!

That's why they make dissinfectant spray. A smart stripper can turn cleaning the pole into a very provocative stage move.

Sporty. The Poles at Cadillac Lounge used to have big brass balls on the top of each one. One day a dancer was shaking one of the poles as she did her thing about half-way up. The ball fell off and hit the stage a few feet from her.
from upstairs in the couch area it sounded like a gun went off.

Most of my South American favs don't do pole work. They use it as more of a Samba partner....

SportsWriter2
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Sporty. The Poles at Cadillac Lounge used to have big brass balls on the top of each one. One day a dancer was shaking one of the poles as she did her thing about half-way up. The ball fell off and hit the stage a few feet from her. from upstairs in the couch area it sounded like a gun went off.

The Cadillac poles still have brass balls on top, and the light heavyweights still crank the pole back far enough to launch a ball through the big screen TV. Not a pretty sight. :O