PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever respond to criagslist?

fl1rtyg1rl
08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
I've seen some posts on there that seem interesting. But I don't know anyone that has ever been on a "job" from there.

Some seem a bit too shady.
Anyone ever gone on one? Or replyed to a post?

WiseGuy_TX
08-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I emailed someone a question once but never bought anything. Had a friend who bought a camera off it. They met in person, he looked over the camera, paid and left. Easy deal. Although, it seems like a place to hock stolen items if you ask me.

Dont know anything about the job postings but i doubt many are worthwhile.

Yea
08-08-2005, 07:35 AM
i would say be careful cuz.. well it is the internet so dont be trusting!!

Shytel
08-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I have to agree with the others to a certain extent. I have posted and answered modeling ads on Craigslist...Hell, I have even promoted my business there and have recieved some excellent responses. The best advice for you is to check it out. Ask a whole lot of questions.
If they don't respond or try to divert your questions...they aren't worth your time and energy anyway.

If it is an ad for a photographer...be sure to ask where he is located, what type of model or work is s/he looking for, work samples, and get contact information. Most of the time, in my experience, they have samples up at Musecube or One Model Place and you can get feedback from other models that may have worked with.

If you are looking to get into modeling, may I suggest, you visit some of these site and put up a few photos in a free portfolio and seek out some TFP/CD shoots. That way you have good, quality pictures...for free...and can possibly network with legitimate photographers and agencies not looking to exploit you in some way. Also, as an added peice of advice, never sign an exclusive contract with anybody with out some background knowledge to make a good, informed decision about who they are, they work they promote or product, etc.

For entertainment employment...Trust your gut and again ask questions. Even more than with a photographer. Some of the bogus ads I have responded to in the past wanted me to relocate, with no expenses paid, and live with 2 or 3 other girls and work a set number of hours at a club. They guaranteed me a base salary, the tips where going to be all mine, a ride to work, etc. After hearing I was to relocate with out anything, basically, I called a quits to that, quickly.

Craigslist, like most every other directory type site, don't exactly obtain background info or check to see if the posters are posting for legitimte things. Just don't pay anybody for anything upfront with out bringing up your own 'full' investigation.

Best of luck to you...and I hope this helped, even a little, tiny bit.

Yabba
08-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Just a quick note--Craigslist.org is now owned by Ebay.com

Bridgette
08-27-2005, 11:11 PM
UUGGHH!!!

It'll be ruined in short order.

Pamela
08-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Damn what doesn't EBay own?????? That being said.....i don't care or ever use Craigslist.

Pamela

NinaDaisy
08-28-2005, 04:15 PM
eBay's owned it for a while now and they've managed to keep the original tone amid loud fears that it was gonna get all screwed up.

There are reputable ads in there, but people need to be careful and check things out. Someone who is sincere won't balk at providing any more info, should you need any.

AudreyLeigh
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
This is news to me (EBay owning CL) - how do you find out this stuff? Im always in the void... :/

leebay88
09-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Just a quick note--Craigslist.org is now owned by Ebay.com

I believe they just own 25%

Polo Girl
09-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I believe they own 99% what is this world coming too...

charlygirl
09-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Yup, found my apartment on Craigslist!

But as for the job and other ads-dont trust them. I know some people who post 5 different times pretending to be a different person each time to try and hook customers to things or jobs that are nothing like they advertised.

Even ones that had leads to a website can be bogus. A website doesnt prove that any person or business is legit. Be careful.

Mercury_Deep
09-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I have actually gotten a several gigs from craigslist, conventions and promotional stuff, and plays. I guess every city is different...

ladygame
09-04-2005, 01:41 AM
I use craigslist often, and i have found it to be very helpfull! I'de say i make an extra $2,000.00 per week from it. I post pretty often though. I post in the erotic services section. And yes, you do have to use caution and be safe, but i have never had a bad experience from it, and i have been using it for about 6 months now. Give it a try!

09-09-2005, 08:28 PM
i found a place to stay off of craigslist....like anything, you just have to be careful and check things out :)

scarlett_vancouver
09-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I use craigslist often, and i have found it to be very helpfull! I'de say i make an extra $2,000.00 per week from it. I post pretty often though. I post in the erotic services section. And yes, you do have to use caution and be safe, but i have never had a bad experience from it, and i have been using it for about 6 months now. Give it a try!

What kind of services do you offer? Honestly curious, wantto see if it's something I can do!

I sell my old crap on craigslist all the time- works out very well. I doubt I make more than $100/month at it, but if I'm home one day and there's something taking up space in my apt., then I'll post it up. Almost everything sells.

Susan Wayward
09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Um, I think there's only one kind of service to offer on the LV craigslist erotic services board . . .
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ers/

but this one is hilarious:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ers/96737824.html

Shytel
09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, I, too, advertise on Craigslist erotic services section. Here's an example of one of my ads.

In my opinion, as an entertainer, it's good to outsource your business. You are independant working as an house dancer, so why not utilize the internet to further market yourself. Even if you are only advertising to get clients to come see you at the club, it's a good way to increase your clientele base. I have been doing this for over 2 years now.

For me... it works.

mynd_crym
09-24-2005, 05:32 AM
It's hit and miss like anything else. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

u2good
09-30-2005, 11:52 PM
I have posted on Craigslist because I am looking for models for nude modeling work for my startup adult website.

You have to do your homework and research and don't be afraid to ask detailed questions. They should have answers for just about everything, to show you they are more interested than just having a girl show up to get naked. Because CL is free, some people put out bogus ads on the "let's see what happens" premise. Go with your gut. No one will truly pay $1000 to only take topless pictures of you. If you do go, I'd recommend bringing a chaperone and your own bottled water.

I realize this is risky for women, which is why I try to be as detailed as possible when they ask questions, right up to the theme of each shoot. When I meet them in person, I go through the whole process again. I also allow models to bring one chaperone and have them sit during the shoot.

One thing that helps is that I am respectful to them, am courteous, fun but professional. I also tell them about the things I need them to sign (like a model release) so they know I'm serious and business-minded.

I am proud to say that every model that has worked with me were or became comfortable (many were true beginners) and would gladly do it again.

ctefy
10-06-2005, 04:51 AM
I use CL a lot and most of the time it has worked well for me, I have gotten a lot of opeertunies from CL, and the shady ones you can usualy pick out pretty quickly

thechaosfairy
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Standard rates for nude softcore modeling are $75/hour on up, avg. $100-150, if anyone were paying more than $200/hr I'd be damn curious what they wanted.

I've gone after modeling opportunities a few times, went to a couple of shoots last year in the Seattle area and made some good $$$ doing nothing more raunchy than posing naked with a vibrator and an interesting expression. :-)

Earlier this year I talked to someone who said she'd pay me $500 for a shoot . . . and then failed to show up at the meeting location . . . and said she did. And then said she was going to be "out of town" and couldn't shoot me but still posted another ad on cl. Ugh. I don't know what was up with her, but if someone seems flakey they probably are. I'd think maybe she scoped me out from a distance and decided I wasn't the type she was looking for, but I did send her recent pictures!

This week I've got some more work lined up with people who I get a really good vibe from, so I'm expecting it to go off without any trouble. :-)

A couple of other notes -- I have good people-instinct, so I'm OK with going to meet a photographer alone in a public place and then doing a shoot in private; but if any of you are not so good at scoping out a person's intentions, do bring a chaperone. Many photographers will have systems set up for chaperoning -- like, one person who interviewed me (but passed on me because I was a bit too flabby at the time) told me to bring a friend or partner to the interview (at his house) but not the shoot, which meant that my partner would know where I was and who I was with. You should ideally know the location address in advance so you can set up points of contact like so.

evan_essence
10-07-2005, 07:53 AM
I believe they own 99% what is this world coming too...No. To set the record straight, eBay owns 25 percent. It was sold to them by a former Craigslist employee who wanted his share liquidated, and Craig wasn't too happy about it, but there wasn't much he could do.

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3394631

-Ev

Witness
10-24-2005, 01:24 AM
As far as the jobs go, I've used craiglist quite often for employment and gigs and found it just as reliable as most newpaper ads. There are alot of legit companies on there, and a bunch of bogus ones. My best advice is like any job, as soon as you get some info (telephone/fax number, company name, etc.), Google it and look into it. The last thing you'll want to end up doing is posing or performing , signing a release, and having nothing but a bounced check to show for it.;)

thechaosfairy
10-24-2005, 05:48 AM
I've done modeling shoots four times with people I met on craigslist, and three of them paid in CASH. (The other one was for a local store that I frequent, and paid in store credit!) Most photographers are independent guys who work out of hotel rooms, and cash is the industry standard -- would you let someone write you a check for a lap dance? ;D