PDA

View Full Version : I need a Vegas Travel buddy!

Cali-mama
08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi,
I am a southern California dancer looking for a cool chick to travel to Vegas with this fall. I have never worked in Vegas so a girl who has danced there before would be nice. :) I just want someone to share a room with and maybe they could show me the good clubs to work at. I would be willing to drive.

Thanks

rokkerchikk
09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
hey! yaeh for sure. I moved to california a few months ago and I thinks the clubs suck out here. Ive been dancing for a few years and really wanna make some money too. Ive never been to vegas to work either. I have a friend that has a house there though and Im sure she knows where all the good places are. I know theres a few fees to cover for a sherriffs card and permit. Its a few hundred I think but I guess if you go during a convention the money can still be good.

Beeeee
09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Alot of the conventions are pulling OUT of Vegas now due to being gouged too much by this city. They are going to other cities where hotel room prices aren't hiked up to $400 a night just for conventions. Alot of strippers are going to be coming here for conventions and finding a very rude awakening.

CarlyMIA
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM

AznExtasy
09-18-2008, 05:16 PM
If I was going to the west coast anytime soon, I would totally do this with you guys!!! But good luck!

rokkerchikk
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
actually just in today... working at saphire...

CarlyMIA
09-19-2008, 07:17 AM
actually just in today... working at saphire...
PLEASE keep us posted... Sapphire is my second option!

MeanGirl
09-20-2008, 02:03 AM
I wanna go to vegas :( , i think i will go nov 4-7 there is a 120,000 person convention for the auto industry or some such thing, anyone know if that's a good idea?

cinammonkisses
09-20-2008, 08:28 AM
I wanna go too!

CarlyMIA
09-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Girls, book a couple of days while I'm there... it would be fun to work with smart fellow SW-ers!

So far I'm going by myself because I didn't feel like waiting for other ppl to make plans and adjust to others. So if anyone wants to go the last minute they would have to adjust to me! lol

MeanGirl
09-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I wanna go too!

Yeah CK, go with me! Carly, ima start making plans but I will let you know for sure if i do anything during those dates. I noticed that hotel rates for the dates I wanna go are crazy, obviously it's b/c alot of people with be there but should I book for then or is it pretty much the same $ just b/c it's season...anybody?

CarlyMIA
09-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Also, check out betterbidding.com on strategies how to get the cheapest rates, it's a great site!

MeanGirl
09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
^^I wasn't thinking,I dont need 5 star for a work trip. I will probably do a mariott fairfield or something off strip for like 120 a night. I get points with them:) im weird too, i would have to know the hotel im staying at, i hate suprises! Did you get a good deal?

dangerousdiva
09-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I wanna go to vegas :( , i think i will go nov 4-7 there is a 120,000 person convention for the auto industry or some such thing, anyone know if that's a good idea?

Shhhhhhh :-X

My advice is that it truly depends on where you work and whether or not you have social capital established with the hosts.

These big conventions flood the clubs with soooooo many dancers that it's such a PITA to even work while crawling over people and long (i mean like over an hour wait) lines to even get into VIP.

I'm not sure I'll even work it or at least not at my regular club. The auto industry has been hit hard by the economy, so just like CES last year more girls than ever show up, with less conventioner turn out. A horrible ratio to make money in, especially with hotel prices being hiked up super high, cutting into your profit.

I think if you don't dance regularly in Vegas you're better off coming out randomly during the season.

MeanGirl
09-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks^^ i had an idea that's the way it worked.

Carly when you book priceline do you buy the trip insurance?

CarlyMIA
09-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Nope, just the basic, cheapest option.

cinammonkisses
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Anyone coming to Vegas: I just rented an awsome house 10 mins drive from the town area where all the major clubs are located. Located in a very nice, upscale neighbourhood - no creepy people hanging outside your door - like it is at many cheaper hotels in Vegas. It's a half-million dollar house with 4 bedrooms and I'm renting out two of them for $250 a week or 800 a month. Fully furnished, all kitchen utensils available so you can save $$$ from eating out, private outside patio for suntanning ... it's a real house for less money then a shoebox hotel room in a shady neighborhood.
We are paying 2500 a month to rent this place, and are looking for other tidy dancers with no alcohool or drugs issues to help share the costs. All utilities are included in your rent. I work at Scores, Treasures and Sapphire most of the time so we can ride together to work if you find it more convenient.
You can contact me at [email protected] for further info. Thank you Ladies!! ;)
Damn, I would so be all over your deal, but I don't "know" you..YOu only have 3 postings..:-[ Good luck on finding tenants though.

cinammonkisses
09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah CK, go with me! Carly, ima start making plans but I will let you know for sure if i do anything during those dates. I noticed that hotel rates for the dates I wanna go are crazy, obviously it's b/c alot of people with be there but should I book for then or is it pretty much the same $ just b/c it's season...anybody? Ok, check the other SW :D

CarlyMIA
09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Agree with CK... it could be shady, don't wanna run into a psycho! lol

rokkerchikk
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
blech! I did not like sapphire at all! I made ok money... not great though. Id say try rhino instead. Not worth the trip out to vegas for sapphire:(

Pinksugardoll
11-22-2015, 10:42 PM
January 2016 anybody?? I stay on the strip and we don't have to work at the same club. No drugs/drinking (social drinking is ok for me)/bringing men over/being messy.

Legz541
11-23-2015, 12:33 AM
January 2016 anybody?? I stay on the strip and we don't have to work at the same club. No drugs/drinking (social drinking is ok for me)/bringing men over/being messy.
I plan on being back out there in January. For at least the week of CES but prob longer.

Da808gypsy
11-25-2015, 01:15 PM
I know this is old but how's vegas this time of year? My grandma just moved there and I was thinking of taking a working vacation up there to visit her.