PDA

View Full Version : private party agency

Christelle
10-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi, I am interested in doing private parties besides club stripping and I was wondering if there is a agency that I need to hook up with, or can I just find myself someone to be my bouncer and bodyguard and pass out my business cards to guys at clubs? i just want to know how to get that started

cinammonkisses
10-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Where are you located? Do your search in the phone book. Look under "entertainment"

ksalerio
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Do you mean you want to do partys, like bachelor parties? And location will help :) My company is nationwide if you want to message me and get that info. Good luck

Christelle
10-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm in san antonio texas. Yeah, I was talking about bachelor parties. heck, i'd prolly do bachelorette parties too.

smoothcrew
10-12-2005, 06:52 AM
I run the largest agency down here in NZ. I'm not sure how it works over there in the states but I would strongly advise against handing out business cards for private work in clubs. It's disrespectful to the club owner as you may be taking business away from them and a quick way to get thrown out. You should ask the manager first..

ctstriptease1
10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
I operate a stripper agency in Connecticut,

I would strongly advise aganist passing out your own business cards, giving your phone number or any contact information out at your club ... it's wrong on so many levels and you will likely get immediately terminated.

As an agency owner, I would suggest you go through a reputable agency; one that consistently gives you parties, sends you with a security/driver person, and makes sure your clients are aware that you are there to only dance.

As an entrepreneur, I would say skip the agency and go about it yourself; start your own agency with dancers you know personally to be reliable and advertise on the internet, phone book, newspaper, etc., Just hire a trustworthy person to watch your back at parties.

Paris
10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I kinda agree w/ ctstriptease1 on the business card thing. Be sure it is okay w/ the club you work in first before giving out your contact info. If the club says it is strictly a no-no, you still can find a work around, like having the customer give you his email addy or something.

You can do both agency work and get your own gigs, and keep the agency's commission for yourself on the jobs you hustled yourself. No point in putting in all the effort to make the sale and then hand it over to the agency.

I strongly recommend you use your own bouncer. I'm not comfortable with a stranger acting as my security person. This is a pretty seedy business, and if I'm trusting my money and my saftey to someone, I sure don't want it to be a stranger. If the agency is sending the bouncer along with you just to collect their fee from the customer, walk away from that agency. Choose a company that at least is able to take their cut via a credit card payment. Then you know exactly how much the customer is paying you for the show, and that they have already committed by putting a deposit down. Otherwise you are leaving it up to chance as to weather you'll get paid or not.

Also, never start a show w/o first getting paid. The customer pays before you ever walk in the door.