PDA

View Full Version : SC: Weekday day vs Weekend night experience

Neville
10-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Cheerio everyone, I have another topic I wanted to ask about (hopefully the next experience in my US SC adventure). So far all the clubs I've been to (both in the UK, Australia and now here in Mass and Providence) have all been weekend night forays, usually Friday or Saturday nights. This is for two reasons:

1 i can't normally take time off during the day (too much bloody work)
2 i'm under the perception that it's better to go at night on a weekend to "make a night of it"

In the UK and Sydney the popular SCs are usually dead as during the day. I am curious however, as I have read quite a few posts from Yoda and Rockie and Sportswriter suggesting that they've had some good experiences going to clubs during the day here. I was wondering if there is any significant different in the SC experience going during the day (i imagine there is quite a smaller crowd during the day?). It's a bit of a pain in the arse to go to Providence from Boston during a weekday but is it worth it? What about the Foxy Lady or Alex?

Cheers,
Nev

SportsWriter2
10-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Nev, you're into this like you have six months to live (or maybe to live in the US). Good question, though.

Some clubs are more lenient during the afternoon. It's mostly regulars and fewer people, so the bouncers have fewer surprises.

I find day girls more personable. I go at night sometimes to see certain dancers, but it all seems a little more crass at night. :-\

There's another option: weekday nights. Mon and Tue are usually slow nights, so it's a little more like an afternoon shift.

yoda57us
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't work a normal 9 to 5, M - F job so I have the luxury of being able to go whenever I want on my days off. I prefer days or slow nights but a lot of it depends on why you go in the first place. I have favs and I go to visit them. I'm not looking for a high body count of dancers and I'm not looking for 10 new girls on stage every 15 minutes.

I did the Providence clubs at night for years until I met my last ATF who was a dedicated day girl. Once I got used to the slower pace, the increased attention and the less restrictive attitudes of management it was hard to go back to busy weekend nights. I like Sunday nights or maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday night. I just find the girls are more relaxed when the club is slower. I know dancers who absolutely can't make money on the day shift and others who clean-up during the day and hate nights.

jannisary
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I also perfer going during the day. In the clubs I've been to near St. Louis, the dayshift is slower. I don't care much for big crowds so I like it that the clubs aren't packed.

The atmosphere seems more relaxed. Its usually easier to get more personal attention from dancers during the dayshift. All but one of my "favorite" dancers work days.

I agree that days seem less crass than weekend nights.

The one downside I've noticed is the levels of skill and beauty are generally lower during the day. Thats not always the case though.

grove542000
10-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I have had less than optimal experiences during day shifts. I have found that a lot of the dancers are tied up with regulars. And, as stated earlier, there seems to be a decreased level of physical attractiveness.

I don't like going on weekend nights, because the clubs are then full of loud, young guys (what I think if as the backward-baseball-cap crowd), which gets a little tiring for a middle aged (early 40s) guy like me. Weeknights seem to work well, esp., for some reason, Thursdays.

rockie
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Neville,
I quite often go between 5:00 and 6:30(p) weekdays. You actually get to see the day and night shift as they change shifts often during those times. You also get home at a reasonable hour. Earlier in the week that time slot is kind of slow, later in the week it tends to pick up. Technically I only go in earlier than that on weekends. I've seen nothing at night that has made me think I've missed anything by going in days. A Friday at 5:30 can rock just as hard as a Saturday at 9:30 some weeks. While I don't think you've missed out on anything
in your adventures, consider exploring your options where your schedule allows.
Go in for a quick lunch locally on your day off - if you care too. It can be done in 2 hours if you don't want to make a day, or night, of it. Rockie

FBR
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I prefer the afternoon laid back atmosphere to the high hustle of the evening and weekend shifts. The money spent is likey still the same but afternoon gals IMO provide more SS fantasy vs the "wanna dance" and move on mode of the evening/weekend gals. Just a personal preference.

FBR

JZ agrees. - JZ

electric_head
10-26-2005, 04:33 AM
I always went at night. Then outta the blue went one afternoon, I'll be going in the afternoon from now on!

doc-catfish
10-26-2005, 08:32 AM
The only time that I've truly done day shift is when I met Susan W at her club down in Austin last year (only shift that she had when I would be available to see her).

I've never really made a habit of it because there's just something that irks me about hitting an adult business in broad daylight. Perhaps someday, I'll arrive before shift change to see some of the talent so I can be enlightened. The day shift at my home club gets some pretty good comments on SCL.

Personally, I prefer weekday nights (excluding Thursdays), about nineish or so. Too many punk asses on weekends.

SeppeSai
10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
My ATF and all previous favorites work nights, so I'm a nighttime guy. The days vary, but I've been to see her at least once on each day of the week. I've never been in her club during the daytime, though I did come in one day during a shift change and saw some of the daytime girls. My then-favorites both commented that the daytime girls were more permissive and/or raunchy, so there's that.

At the other club I visit, I almost always go at night on Sunday nights just because the hot bartender works at that time. I've been in there during the daytime and not noticed a whole lot of difference. Same bad music, same (but different)unattractive girls.

Richard_Head
10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Weekday day vs weekend night? Generally my preference would be weekday days as they are much less crowded and much more relaxed. It really depends on the club though, I know of a few clubs that are really great at night (any night) but really stink in the day. The trick is to find a good daytime club.

Neville
10-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, I might try one of those 5:30 weekday afternoon timeslots then. It's going to be bloody hard for me to try and take time off particularly as I've only been working here in the US for a couple of months (bit too early to take a sickie). I've usually gone out at night as I've equated going to a SC as part of a "going out" experience - I usually get somewhere at 10pm and then hang around till closing. But in OZ and London closing is usually at 4am or thereabouts.

The_Oceans
10-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I've got a 9-5 job, so I almost exclusively go to clubs in the evening. Weekday nights are fine if it's a club where I know people; new clubs I prefer to go on weekend nights.

In my experience, I've noticed that the "game" picks up on the weekends, in all aspects (more dancers w/higher general attractiveness, more customers, higher cover charges, increased hustle, greater competition among dancers and customers).

NVJosh
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Given that I'm in LV, I generally hate weekends. Too many tourists, nowhere to sit, relax and have privacy. Give me a weekday night most of the time, and a weekday day/early evening can be even better. The downside is that most of the better looking ladies work later, but if I'm just hanging out that's not a big deal. Besides, I have a gorgeous lady at home, so I don't need to hang out at a SC until 10 PM just for that.

kikin
12-06-2005, 11:38 AM
I prefer when the club is packed with dancers and customers. I have the best time in that situation. My MO is to never go in a SC before 11pm and to never leave before closing time. Good things happen to those who wait.

doc-catfish
12-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I prefer when the club is packed with dancers and customers. I have the best time in that situation. My MO is to never go in a SC before 11pm and to never leave before closing time.
Interesting. That's about the opposite of my MO. I like to beat all the drunk drivers out on the highways. :thinking:

Good things happen to those who wait.
Yes, but if you're late bird, someone else may have the worm you've had your eye on. In fact, it might be hard getting any decent worm, or even a nest to sit in. I've actually had bouncers/waitresses bump me from my table because I was by myself, so they could give it to a larger party.

kikin
12-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Interesting. That's about the opposite of my MO. I like to beat all the drunk drivers out on the highways. :thinking:

Yes, but if you're late bird, someone else may have the worm you've had your eye on. In fact, it might be hard getting any decent worm, or even a nest to sit in. I've actually had bouncers/waitresses bump me from my table because I was by myself, so they could give it to a larger party.
At 2AM you don't wanna be anywhere but stage-side at the tipping-rail, bud! Dancers will be coming up to you for the rest of the morning there asking "wanna dance?"; you accept the ones you like, and say "maybe later" to the ones you dont like.

Quick story: Recently, it's about 4:30AM. I'm stage-side. I'm one of only 2 or 3 customers in the whole place. The DJ starts announcing the last opportunity for a private dance, and about 7 to 8 strippers (yeah, it's late) parade on stage for the cattle call, and one by one they all come up to me stage-side asking "wanna dance, wanna dance?". At one point, two dancers were asking me simulatenously: one on my left the other on the right, each trying to beat out the other. I said "maybe later" to each and everyone of them. One of them got frustrated and replied in a bitchy fashion: "Well this is the last call, there is no later!". To which I replied "oh, ok, maybe next time". lol. Anyway, the 9th girl to approach me was my ATF who came out of nowhere cuz she wasn't in the cattle-call. She asks me "wanna go play?" and I just stood up and followed her to the private dance area. You know none of the other dancers got a PD that time, so my ATF and I were the only two people in the PD area. The bouncers left us alone cuz they know me...Next thing I know, it's 1/2 an hour later, I've had a great time and I'm leaving the club at 5AM a happy camper, having received one of the more memorable private dances in my relatively short SC-going days (3 months so far).

Neville
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Lucky for you you're in a state where the clubs are open till 4:30am. In Sydney and London they're like that (they close at 6am), but in Massachusetts they close at 2am (like all pubs and clubs). It's rather annoying as I'm used to not going out before midnight in general. I've had to make the adjustment here, and it's been odd to say the least...

yoda57us
12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Good things happen to those who wait.

Um, it's a strip club. Good things happen to those who spend cash. Time of day is irrelevant.

dave1112
12-07-2005, 09:25 PM
It's been my experience that the day shift girls are usually several points down the scale (on the 1-10 scale) from the night shift girls. There are exceptions, but I've also seen some day shift dancers at upscale clubs that were downright scary :O

That alone is enough to make me avoid day shifts like the plague. Still have the nightmares :P

Richard_Head
12-07-2005, 09:58 PM
It's been my experience that the day shift girls are usually several points down the scale (on the 1-10 scale) from the night shift girls. There are exceptions, but I've also seen some day shift dancers at upscale clubs that were downright scary :O

That alone is enough to make me avoid day shifts like the plague. Still have the nightmares :PYou're just going to the wrong clubs dave, I've had some very good times during the day shift.

yoda57us
12-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I have seen the "scary" dayshift girls. They even exist at a few of the clubs I go to. However the good far outweighs the bad for me during the day. I'm much more comfortable with the atmosphere. I guess a lot depends on what you are looking for in your SC experience.

lopaw
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Lunchtime Saturdays & mid - late afternoons during the week works best for me.

dave1112
12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
You're just going to the wrong clubs dave, I've had some very good times during the day shift.

Maybe so. I have also noticed that when there is a hottie during day shift, she usually stays busy with a regular. Night shift works best for me.

FBR
12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Jay :great:

And because the early shift management tends to be more laid back, we are able to help perpetuate the myth that daytime customers are less perverted than the night custies ;D

FBR

Lio
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Well it seems pretty clear that most of the replies are in favor of the afternoons and early evenings dispite some of the drawbacks. I still hit the club during the weekend when it's packed with patrons. I enjoy seeing the dancers while they are making lots of cash. Understandably their moods are much more upbeat and it"s flattering when they come over to give a big hug and just talk with you for a little while. But usually I perfer the slow mid-afternoons because the girls are often quite bored and are looking for anything to break up the monotony of the day. I'll start the cash flow which picks things up for everyone at the bar. I enjoy their company as well as their dances and get plenty of both in the afternoons. Sometimes on very slow days I will sit with one or two of the girls for their entire shift. I'm not even rich or anything, but even just spending a couple hundred on dances, tips and drinks, they seem to appriciate you more on the off-peak hours.

yoda57us
12-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Sometimes on very slow days I will sit with one or two of the girls for their entire shift. I'm not even rich or anything, but even just spending a couple hundred on dances, tips and drinks, they seem to appriciate you more on the off-peak hours.

That's the best part! You don't have to be rich at all. Just don't be another one of those guys wasting their time. At night, dancers will usually give a guy about 5 minutes to put up or shut up. During the day, I've seen some ladies waste a half hour or more trying to get a few dances out of a guy who is just leading them on. I'm not a high roller but I am a consistant spender on the grls that I like and they know it. Yeah, sure I can hear the "cha ching" cash register sound going off when they see me come in but that's all part of the deal.

wakko0129
12-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I think the best time I've had lately is the Monday night I went in. The club I normally go to has a Monday Night Football special. No cover before 10 (I got there about 9-ish CST), beer was a couple bucks off, and they did half price LD's at half-time.

It was great. I had beer, I had a football game on the big screen, and I had half-naked beautiful women all over the place. Plus, there weren't many people (like many of you have seen in the afternoons), so my ATF, who claims she's trying to understand football, spent almost the entire game with me.

kikin
12-10-2005, 09:36 AM
...so my ATF, who claims she's trying to understand football, spent almost the entire game with me.
How in the hell do these dancers make $$$ spending an entire football game with a single customer who's not really spending that much? I'd like to hear from the ladies: which shift do you prefer to work? weekday/weekend day/night?

wakko0129
12-10-2005, 09:41 AM
How in the hell do these dancers make $$$ spending an entire football game with a single customer who's not really spending that much? I'd like to hear from the ladies: which shift do you prefer to work? weekday/weekend day/night?

First you would have to define "that much." In the course of the night, between half-time and after the game was over, I'd say i spent about $200 in total that night. There wasn't much else for her to do, anyway. About every 15 minutes or so, she would go walk the floor and see if she could get a dance from anyone, but since it was pretty much dead, there wasn't really any business to be found.

yoda57us
12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Dancers aren't stupid. If they are hanging with you for an extended period you are either spending a ton on them or you are the only guy in the club at that moment spending on them. Over the years I've had daytime favs and nighttime favs-both can and do make good money but not necessarily in the same way. Daytime customers are looking for a different experience than nighttime customers and smart dancers know how to best market themselves to take advantage of their looks, personality, selling skills etc...It's all good.

Katrine
12-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I preferred to mix it up, a little dayshift here, some nights there. I used to like Sundays when I danced in Houston, but its $10 dances in Austin on Sunday, so screw that. I did have some regulars when I worked days, and fed off of lonely travelling businessmen's blood during nightshifts.

Katrine
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
During the day, I've seen some ladies waste a half hour or more trying to get a few dances out of a guy who is just leading them on.

Two songs max during the day, one song max at night. If they confirm and want to wait one more song, I'm game. If they try that line again, I'm outta there. Nothing, I mean nothing pisses me off more than time wasters dangling the money carrot in my face. Now, there have been plenty of cool and interesting guys I've met that I've happily spent several songs talking to and chilling with before hitting them up, so no rules are set in stone.

It takes some time, but eventually a seasoned girl will be able to figure out the M.O. of a dayshift time-waster as well as the M.O. of a nighttime scrub. They work quite differently. :-\