PDA

View Full Version : Critique my shoe work?

SparkleShoes
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
So...I tried to post a thread on the For Sale board...but it still hasn't been posted. But I was wondering what you guys think of my shoes that I've decorated. I have a lot more ideas & I want to start my own clothing line. I just want to know though if you guys would buy this kind of shoe for work...bc I really love them & enjoy making them. Thx!!! =)

http://www.geocities.com/glitterluv6/rshoes.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/glitterluv6/sshoes.JPG

pixiepower329
11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I love the concept.....but I need a shoe with a strap around the ankle.......im a klutz ;D

SparkleShoes
11-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, I can pretty much do anything! You tell me what kind of shoe you like...perhaps a link to a website with the shoe..I order it & decorate it with whatever glitter or rhinestone choice you prefer...then you pay through paypal & I ship you the shoe. =)

pixiepower329
11-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Sounds groovy....but let me give you a piece of business advice.....if someone gives you a shoe they want...I'd advise getting at least a deposit, or you may end up with shoes you've paid for and no money.

Kharisma
11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
I like the shoes, they look great, but how well do the extras stay on. I mean if you have glitter on the shoe, are you putting liek a clear coat over it so there isnt glitter everywhere? i am just curious. I like them.

bella622
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Ohhhhhh!!!!! I love them... They are cute!!! How do you get the glitter to stay on??? I really like the red ones... With the right dress they would make a cute Dorthey set...

JustJayda
11-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Those are very cute, i'd love to see some of your rhinestone shoes:)

VenusGoddess
11-17-2005, 10:23 AM
So, how much do you charge to do the "extras" on the shoe?

KamrynAnne
11-17-2005, 10:48 AM
those are awesome!!! i would def sport those for sure.... what a great way to start a business.

LOGANLAKEN
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Curious too,does the glitter fall of on stage? Can the glittr be taken off,then latter redone in a different color?

SparkleShoes
11-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh my goodness! I didn't realize my thread was posted here. Hehe. Sorry for the late reply. Well, it takes a bit of time to do the shoes. But at the end, I always spray it with a glossy sealer. The glitter DOES NOT come off. I think maybe a very light light sprinkle comes off in the beginning, but in no way is there a big glob of glitter coming off the shoe! I've already worn the silver ones to my club & it lasted perfectly fine!! I just made some new pink ones & will post those later on. I plan to sell these shoes for about $50. I guess it all depends on the type of shoe you want. If I can only find a shoe online that costs more than $50, then of course I'd have to price it a little higher. I plan to do go-go boots as well! Please email me at: [email protected] if you are really interested in me making you one. Thx again for all the replies!!

VenusGoddess
11-18-2005, 08:12 AM
^ Just so you know...make sure you don't call them "your" shoes. If any shoe company finds out that you are doing that, they can sue you. So, make sure you are VERY clear that you are "spicing" up those shoes.

Now, are you charging $50 above the cost of the shoe? Or is that the full price (including the actual price of the shoe and your charge to spice them up)?

The Original Babygirl
11-18-2005, 11:50 AM
I want some blue ones :D

rapunzel
11-19-2005, 02:33 PM
so how do you keep the glitter on the shoe?? i know my toes always rub on the stage and i have a friend who bangs her shoes HARD when she flips over... what are you glueing them with? and does it stay on the boots as good as the shoes?

phoenix01
11-21-2005, 01:42 AM
i love the shoes, they are so hot. i think i would need a strap on the ankle too though.

MsQuinn
11-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I know a girl who does this with rhinestones. All colors, some with really cool swirly designs. And not just dancer shoes either. She charges anywhere from $100-$300. This includes the cost of the shoes. She does a lot of custom work for girls with intricate designs, shoes to match themed outfits and all that. Don't know what sort of glue she uses but it takes a LOT for those rhinestones to come off. They wear very well from what I'm seen. Not bought a pair myself, as I'm not a rhinestone kind of girl. But I think it's a great idea you've got there and it looks like you've some talent too. Keep on it - there is a market out there for it! Just don't sell yourself short on what you're charging.

SparkleShoes
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I'm on vacay at the moment so I will post a lot more info & photos next week. :D

smartcookie
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
"Shoe detailing." I love the concept!

Phedre
11-22-2005, 02:35 PM
You can get this adhesive spray at Michaels crafts and as long as you use a spray on sealer finish then the glitter and rhinestones stay on just fine. There are tons of craft glues and swavarski crystal rhinestone items you can buy at Michaels to create your own unique shoe ~ if you have the artistic talent to do so.

For example, a friend of mine that dances in Mass. has a pair of clear shoes that she did some oriental caligraphy on and then sealed and she wears them with her oriental themed costumes. They are very sexy and look like her feet are tattooed with the designs.

Saggirl2020
12-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Those Are Smoking Hottttt!!!!!!!!!}:d