PDA

View Full Version : I would like some input from dancers regarding a new service

adultstar
11-22-2005, 03:27 PM
I am a disabled male who is trying to start a company that will offer educational materials for gentlemenís club dancers and staff concerning their disabled cliental. These materials will enable them to feel comfortable when dealing with disabled clients. We help promote a clear understanding to adult entertainers to have better interaction with disabled clients and fans. A large percentage of the adult industry does not have enough information or training to know the tactful way to talk to their disabled clients, let alone dance for them. When given the proper information and training the adult entertainers will be able to treat these unique customers tactfully and respectfully while maintaining a larger-based audience. I believe it is important to train the adult industry in how to deal with this change in their fan base. We try to offer the proper information for dancers tactful treatment to their disabled clients. In the near future, my company will also be offering training seminars for dancers and club staff.

Please take the time to answer this poll regarding the matters of disabled customers.

Jenny
11-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi - I'm not sure if you are actually serious, but I would be surprised if anyone will pay you for this service. I'm dead certain that club owners won't and dancers can just ASK their clients how to dance for them. As a general rule all of our clients are happy, happy, happy to tell us their preferences.

Cally
11-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I dont see a need for training. My home club has a couple of dissabled customers that are regulars. They just tell us how they would like us to dance.

Paris
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree with the other dancers. I have disabled clients, and have never had a problem with asking if "X" is okay.

Pretty much disabled customers are like any other customer in the bar. I ask that they lock the wheels on their chair, before I dance for them, but have never had a problem. There sometimes a comminucation issue with deaf customers. I'm also happy to dance for blind customers, but I've only had one blind customer in seven years. I would guess that the strip club isn't much of an appeal to someone who can't see.

amylynnej
11-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I wouldnt pay for it. I make it a rule to not take advice from people on what I do unless theyve done the same job.

I think we all know how to dance and work with disabled people. And in my experience so many guys try to start businesses to help us make more money but 99% of them are scams to try and get laid. The so called agents etc. Dont need them.

Silky
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
You said that a large percent of the adult industry does not have enough information, or training, to know tactful ways to talk or dance for disabled clients? Where did you come up with that conclusion if you dont mind me asking?
Do you really think it would be good to treat a disabled man any different from a man that is not disabled? Why should these guys be talked to differently... I would think that would make them feel uncomfortable. Treating them like a regular guy would seem more logical. Of course there are some physical differences we dancers may have to adjust to while dancing...I had a client with one leg and i was fine. I was a little uncomfortable at first, but i adjusted. It was certainly not a situation where i would have needed to pay foe education on. AS the other ladies said, if i needed to i would ask the customer what is comfortable for him. How would You guys know how to dance for a disabled person exactly?
There are so many disabilities out there. How would you seriously educate a dancer on how to handle a man with EVERY kind of disablity. No offense but your posted seemed canned. You gave no real specific information you just tried to make it sound good.
Disabilities in itself are unique.... therefore we dancers have to adjust when the situation arises based on the disability. The people itself i still consider to be no different than any other man. I will be a good business woman and still treat them great like every other guy.

Silky
11-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Also, I did not mean to come at ya strong or put ya down.... it just really seems that alot of false assumptions were made regarding a dancer's/owners ability to adjust to this specific situation.

Pamela
11-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I believe that ALOT of young people (dancers) would not know how to approach a customer that is disabled. I remember me at 21, they kinda scared me. How stupid of me, i know.

I can see when a disabled customer comes in management should tell the ladies to treat him fine. Now if he is like retarted pretty bad, and does not seem to know where he is, i am not taking his money. If he has a person with him helping him out and paying the money...sure!

I have danced for, and know a wonderful person in a wheel chair! I adore him!

I think at times the disabled may get dissed because people think they don't have money.

I used to do this, so i am one who thought that way.

No more. I have learned!

Pamela

WiseGuy_TX
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Will, do you feel that you or many others are being discriminated or being treated without tack, please elaborate on your "tackful" statement. How will the time and money a dancer spends on your training benefit her financially? Are you alluding to the Americans with Disabilities Act in any way?

adultstar
11-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey, Happy Thanksdiving guys, thanks for your input. My idea is a small off-shoot of a little booklet I have posted on one of my websites. I have had some very dear friends who dance at VIP Chicago and Starletts. They liked what I wrote and said it was nice to have a resource like that. I have Cerebral Palsy, and girls have said until they understood what CP was, they were affraid of it. My experience has been that girls wants to learn, and like disabled customers.

I understand the problem with scammer, I'm very careful myself, and tend to work with females only.

leilanicandy
11-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I think there is a need to train with certain disable customers. I had one disable customer who was paralyze on one side. I also had a customer who had an colostomy bag. I also had a customer who could not speak he had to type everything on the computer. and he was also paralyze on one side. I believe it's depending on the person hadicap. If I would have loosen one my customer colostomy bag. things could have got messy and stinky for the both of us! I am a basic nurse going for RN. I think you have to be train only with certain people with certain issues not all! I also belive certain clubs should be more handicapp acceptiable!

Mojo82
11-24-2005, 10:46 PM
sure maybe a manuel onhow 2 tell if someone is wearing a colostomy bag or something we could accidentlt f-k up even worse

MoneyisGood
12-05-2005, 08:57 PM
In all honesty I don't think any club is going to spend their time or money on this idea. In the case of the colostomy bag mentioned above, and serious health issues, of course it would be great if we knew how to handle those situations. But, unfortunately dancers come and go in this business so frequently that clubs would have to offer this training twice a month (if not more) to make sure everyone got it. Management barely has time to fill out the neccessary paperwork to hire/fire girls! This problems arise so infrequently that I just don't see a club being willing to dish out the money. We're dancers, not nurses (well, some of us are) or doctors or EMTs.

Saggirl2020
12-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Hey I am the Dance manager at POLEKATZ in Bridgeview, IL. Adultsar come in with some buddies. I will Comp your cover and buy you a round, I would love to discuss the issues of my handicap patrons with you. My work number is 708-599-1111.-Gigi-