PDA

View Full Version : talking to strippers

kikin
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
When I'm sitting at the bar drinking I hate it when dancers take a seat next to me and then expect me to talk to them or buy them drinks. The last person I wanna talk to at the bar is a stripper...all i get is bs and ss. They should just say hello and move on to the next sap. I much prefer to talk to the bartender or the other dudes at the bar...it's always a more meaningful conversation when the person you're talking to doesn't have an ulterior motive to extract $$$ from you. In the SC I only interact with dancers in the PD area...and I prefer them to stfu during the dances too, otherwise it ruins it for me. Am I weird or something?

TigersMilk
12-04-2005, 01:32 PM
No, I dont talk to guys at the bar unless they wave me over to tip me or to talk and buy me a drink. I know some guys just want to get a beer and have their special place inside a club. I would suugest you find a club that has a no hustle at the bar policy or simply say to the dancer "no, thank you..Id rather relax for a little bit here". She should get the hint.

Jenna78
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
What do you expect us to do? You are in a sc, we are there to earn $ by talking to customers and selling dances. If you don't want to talk and only want dances, then bring the girls back to the pd area as soon as they try to talk to you.

Or you could sit at the stage--it will cost a few $ every girl but no one will sit and talk with you.

Perhaps you should come in to the club, find a girl you like, get your quiet dances, then leave and go to a regular bar to sit and drink.

MichaelD
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Am I weird or something?

Maybe. But then again, maybe I am too.

I am not so much one to live in the "SC fantasy" and go there understanding that the girls there are simply working and try to keep that in mind. As a result, my conversations tend to drift in that direction. Are they having a good night so far? How long have they been working? Things like that.

Perhaps it's just my impression but this type of banter tends to give me the perception that they see me in a more friendly role. (I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I tend to come in a few nights each week.) Typically I don't mind tipping and buying dances and if so, I'll sit out on the floor or at the stage. Every now and then I'm not, and if so I'll be back in the bar area or more out of the way. I've made a lot of friends there (both dancers and employees) so it's nice to see them for a little while after work now and then. Even on those nights several girls will come up to me just to say hello and chat a few minutes, taking a short break. Sometimes I'll buy them a drink, sometimes not. But they never seem to mind; it seems to me they some nights they are just happy to see a friendly face and someone that isn't just looking to extract maximum mileage out of them. ;)

WiseGuy_TX
12-04-2005, 01:52 PM
...do you have any relatives named Derek?

doc-catfish
12-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I much prefer to talk to the bartender or the other dudes at the bar...it's always a more meaningful conversation when the person you're talking to doesn't have an ulterior motive to extract $$$ from you.
Okay, let me get this straight, you go to a strip club and prefer to sit and the bar and talk to other dudes?
:confused:

You know, they have other bars/clubs explicitly for that purpose. Success of scoring some "take out" is rather high I hear, and its free no less. Just be sure you or your "date" have a set of knee pads handy.
;)

JC2006
12-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I think it's weird that you want to talk to the other dudes at the bar. And the bartender is there to "extract $$$" from you too, same as the dancers.

electric_head
12-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I love talking to the ladies, the more that come over the better it is.

FBR
12-04-2005, 02:46 PM
When you walk in the door you are pretty much fair game. SC's are all about money. Its up to the custie to deflect the advances hes not interested in and to get the ROI hes looking for.

Me personally, I enjoy talking to strippers even if they plop down next to me uninvited. That doesnt mean I'll give them money or buy them drinks necessarily but I might, depending on how hot and interesting they turn out to be. And, like the OP, I like talking to the barstaff as well but only if said person is a hot female :P I generally dont talk to other customers. I figure they should be there for the same reason I am ie: to check out T&A not to talk to other dudes.

FBR

Jenny
12-04-2005, 03:06 PM
When I'm sitting at the bar drinking I hate it when dancers take a seat next to me and then expect me to talk to them or buy them drinks. The last person I wanna talk to at the bar is a stripper...all i get is bs and ss. They should just say hello and move on to the next sap. I much prefer to talk to the bartender or the other dudes at the bar...it's always a more meaningful conversation when the person you're talking to doesn't have an ulterior motive to extract $$$ from you. In the SC I only interact with dancers in the PD area...and I prefer them to stfu during the dances too, otherwise it ruins it for me. Am I weird or something?
Yes you are weird. If you want to talk to bartenders or other men, may I recommend a nice sports bar? You will not get pesky strippers bugging you in there. If you are in a strip bar you HAVE to EXPECT strippers to try to get you to buy dances. That is why there are strip clubs. If you prefer the dancers to give a silent dance, just let them know (politely) - I'm sure they will all be more than delighted to NOT banter inanely at you.

CalifSCVisitor65
12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
or the other dudes at the bar

Hmmmm I sure hope that I don't run into you next time b/c that's not why I am at the club.

kikin
12-04-2005, 03:17 PM
It's funny that many picked up on the "talk to other dudes at the bar" and turned it into something it was never meant to be about. Yes, I talk to the bartender who's a hot female, and yes I talk to the other guys at the bar...you'd be surprised what you can learn about the behind-the-scenes goings-on at the SC just by talking to the regulars that go there.

kikin
12-04-2005, 03:42 PM
When you walk in the door you are pretty much fair game. SC's are all about money. Its up to the custie to deflect the advances hes not interested in and to get the ROI hes looking for...
FBR

The SC I go to has two sides: one side is topless serving alcohol, the other is all nude with no alcohol. The bar in there is one of the better bars in town, PERIOD. The bar is shaped as a U and is ringed overhead with a dozen or so plasma TV screens which are showing all sorts of sporting events all the time. It's one of the more upscale SCs I've been in and it's very spacious and airy, which is why I prefer it to a "regular" sports bar. The bartenders are all hot females.

I usually get there around 11pm and go into the alcohol side first to get some drinks until closing around 1AM. Then I hit the all-nude side which stays open until 4am or later depending on if it's busy. When I'm at the bar on the topless side I'm usually also checking out the dancers on the stage as I'm having my drinks. If I see a dancer I like on stage I just go stage-side and tip her, if she asks for a dance I tell her to come see me next door (all nude side). I am a regular and so many dancers that know me there come up to me at the bar to give me a hello kiss on the cheek and then move on. My ATF usually kisses me ont the lips or gives me a hug and says "see you next door later".

But every now and again, some new dancer shows up there and takes a seat next to me at the bar, and that annoys me. I don't wanna be rude and tell her to go away...then she would order a drink and look at me as if I'm supposed to offer to pay for it. lol. So does that make me a weirdo?

mr_punk
12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
When I'm sitting at the bar drinking I hate it when dancers take a seat next to me and then expect me to talk to them or buy them drinks. The last person I wanna talk to at the bar is a stripper...all i get is bs and ss.well, if you want strippers to scram ASAP. all you have to do is say the magic words, "i'm broke"....problem solved.

it's always a more meaningful conversation when the person you're talking to doesn't have an ulterior motive to extract $$$ from you.LOL....you really don't have a clear concept of a sc, do you?

If you prefer the dancers to give a silent dance, just let them know (politely) - I'm sure they will all be more than delighted to NOT banter inanely at you.http://web.gay.hr/smilies/rotfl.gif

But every now and again, some new dancer shows up there and takes a seat next to me at the bar, and that annoys me. I don't wanna be rude and tell her to go away...then she would order a drink and look at me as if I'm supposed to offer to pay for it.i don't get it. she just sits next to you and keeps her mouth shut? IOW, she doesn't try to hustle you for drinks or dances? ok..now, it's one thing to sit next to a customer and try to hustle him. OTOH, it's a totally different story. if she sits there and keeps her mouth shut.

So does that make me a weirdo?oy, i've never seen so many guys worried about how they are perceived by others in the sc.

Katrine
12-04-2005, 05:02 PM
You are a weirdo, and I am laughing heartily at your patheticism.

phunktastic
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
To be honest I feel a little akward when strippers come and sit next to me.. Mostly because I have no idea what to talk about with a stripper. I'm a pretty introverted person,, so my ideal visit to a club is to just go and hang out, either solo or with some friends,, usually solo though, check out the scenery, tip pretty much everyone, and get some dances from the girls I really like.

Girls, when you sit next to a guy at a club, do you expect him to talk to you? Are you offended if he just stays mostly quiet and watches the dances going on onstage? Typically the only girls who come sit next to me are the ones who I usually get dances from.. so it isn't a problem, I can wait a few songs, get as many dances as I can afford and go on home :)

wakko0129
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Part of what drew me to strip clubs in the first place was the fact that the girls would come sit down and talk to you. I spend a lot of time travelling, and when you're on the road for 3 weeks at a stretch and only see co-workers, it's nice to be able to go out and have a couple drinks and a little "normal" conversation with someone. Of course, the fact that she's extremely attractive, and will get naked is an added bonus :D

kikin
12-04-2005, 06:42 PM
i don't get it. she just sits next to you and keeps her mouth shut? IOW, she doesn't try to hustle you for drinks or dances? ok..now, it's one thing to sit next to a customer and try to hustle him. OTOH, it's a totally different story. if she sits there and keeps her mouth shut.

That's the thing...they never can keep their mouth shut.

yoda57us
12-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Yes, I talk to the bartender who's a hot female, and yes I talk to the other guys at the bar...you'd be surprised what you can learn about the behind-the-scenes goings-on at the SC just by talking to the regulars that go there.

You can learn more by talking to strippers.....what exactly are you afraid of?

mr_punk
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
That's the thing...they never can keep their mouth shut.so, completely ignore them and don't engage them in conversation at all. most of the time, they'll get the message and leave or ignore you....problem solved.

Lio
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure of your original question or comment? You don't like the company of strippers in a strip club. Hmm, there are some others like me who greatly enjoy their company as much as their dancing. I know it must be a scary thing for some to be social to the women that you come to see. There are many different clubs from what you described. Pastie bars for example, have less costly dances where tips and drinks have more significance than at say full nude bars where the dance is the main objective of enjoyment. You may want to stay in the full nudity part of the bar. One more tip, the bartenders that you like so much are often good friends of those very same dancers.

MadisonM
12-05-2005, 03:18 AM
While we are working, it is our job to try to get dances. I often will sit down next to a guy at the bar and start talking to him. If he isn't very talkative or seems uninterested, then I will move on. If you wanna talk to guys, go to a regular bar. Whatever kind of guy that doesn't want to talk to a pretty girl has no place in a strip club.

kikin
12-05-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm not sure of your original question or comment? You don't like the company of strippers in a strip club.
You misunderstood...I do like their company but only in the private dance area which I get to see plenty of. But when I'm at the bar trying to have my drinks that's another story. Basically, I don't need to be hustled at the bar area, otherwise I would be sitting on the floor near the stage or something.

kikin
12-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Whatever kind of guy that doesn't want to talk to a pretty girl has no place in a strip club...
One who doesn't get talked out of his paycheck before he's good and ready.

Jenny
12-05-2005, 08:26 AM
http://web.gay.hr/smilies/rotfl.gif
Well, I'm sure it goes without saying that I didn't mean ME. I would say "Look, you will be quiet, and you will listen, and you LIKE it, do you understand me?" But I have my own little niche.

Kikin - dude. You asked. You have been answered. You are weird. It is weird to go to a strip club in order to not be bothered by strippers. That is weird. It seems fairly unanimous. You keep trotting out the justifications - look, we none of us can pry your wallet out of your hands. But, yes, this is weird. If you dislike all the accroutrements that go with strip clubs, then the logical and sensible thing to do is go to another bar when you are not engaging in your main course of business (i.e. the private dances). There nobody will be trying to part you with anything. You can talk to all the guys and bartenders you like without strippers trying to interfere. Can we force you to do this? No. And I doubt many of us would try (except me. I have control issues). But it is weird, the niceness of the club notwithstanding.

kikin
12-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Jenny, for your honest opinion.

evan_essence
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Just tell her up front, the moment she starts to make small talk, "Hey, I'm a regular here but I don't get dances until I'm in the private dance area later in the evening. I may tip a girl or two on stage and invite her next door later when I'm really ready to spend it up. But at this stage of things, I just want to talk sports at the bar. So if you're pursuing a dance, I'll check you out later." She'd have to be a really bad business woman not to comprehend and respond by moving on. Politely even, if she wants to keep her chances open later.

-Ev

evan_essence
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Girls, when you sit next to a guy at a club, do you expect him to talk to you? Are you offended if he just stays mostly quiet and watches the dances going on onstage?Nah, we realize we're so hot we short-circuit some men's brains so they can barely speak. 8)

Seriously, if you're routinely tipping and buying dances, shortage of conversation isn't going to offend me. And for anyone it does, they'll get over it. The only reason for me to chat is to please you enough for me to earn money. The reason for me to be relatively quiet is to please you enough for me to earn money.

If I could read your mind, uh.. erg.. no, on second thought, that wouldn't be good for my mental health. But I mean if I knew your wishes without any communication, I'd anticipate them. For practical purposes, however, a little communication would be nice so I can get an idea if you're even remotely interested in a dance from me or if you think I'm a skank ho and want me to vacate the premises. But it's no crime for you not to be chatty as long as I realize you like what you're seein'.

-Ev

Mastridonicus
12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
The SC I go to has two sides: one side is topless serving alcohol, the other is all nude with no alcohol. The bar in there is one of the better bars in town, PERIOD. The bar is shaped as a U and is ringed overhead with a dozen or so plasma TV screens which are showing all sorts of sporting events all the time. It's one of the more upscale SCs I've been in and it's very spacious and airy, which is why I prefer it to a "regular" sports bar. The bartenders are all hot females.

Have you ever communicated your issues to the bartender? Its amazing how they will make that known.

I usually get there around 11pm and go into the alcohol side first to get some drinks until closing around 1AM. Then I hit the all-nude side which stays open until 4am or later depending on if it's busy. When I'm at the bar on the topless side I'm usually also checking out the dancers on the stage as I'm having my drinks. If I see a dancer I like on stage I just go stage-side and tip her, if she asks for a dance I tell her to come see me next door (all nude side). I am a regular and so many dancers that know me there come up to me at the bar to give me a hello kiss on the cheek and then move on. My ATF usually kisses me ont the lips or gives me a hug and says "see you next door later".

Ok so you're engaging it for its two primary functions regularly, you get dances from an atf, you drink, you tip....I'd approach you.

But every now and again, some new dancer shows up there and takes a seat next to me at the bar, and that annoys me. I don't wanna be rude and tell her to go away...then she would order a drink and look at me as if I'm supposed to offer to pay for it. lol. So does that make me a weirdo?

Get over it.

Not being rude, but you're asking these women to read your mind.

You buy dances
You buy drinks
You look available, probably even a little attractive
You're there for hours on end, sometimes with an empty seat.

You ask my opinion? If you didn't get a dancer coming up to you regularly the bar would be a POS.

What do you want to happen?

Only your atf and the girls you tip on stage are allowed to sit on the stool next to you or give you kiss on the cheek and move on?

You should probably print that on a shirt and wear it cause there is NO way you're going to achieve that goal without opening your mouth :/

Sorry bro, you just described a really good bar.

erippy
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Just tell her up front, the moment she starts to make small talk, "Hey, I'm a regular here but I don't get dances until I'm in the private dance area later in the evening. I may tip a girl or two on stage and invite her next door later when I'm really ready to spend it up. But at this stage of things, I just want to talk sports at the bar. So if you're pursuing a dance, I'll check you out later." -Ev

-- TY for that, Ev. I do try & give dancers a fair idea of what they can get outta me & the best way to work me w/o being too crass -- then she can decide whether it's worth it to her. I almost always find a few girls who are willing to trade decent mileage for a low sh*t factor. I know they want more; hey, so do I. We just work it out the best we can.

kitana
12-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Just tell her up front, the moment she starts to make small talk, "Hey, I'm a regular here but I don't get dances until I'm in the private dance area later in the evening. I may tip a girl or two on stage and invite her next door later when I'm really ready to spend it up. But at this stage of things, I just want to talk sports at the bar. So if you're pursuing a dance, I'll check you out later." She'd have to be a really bad business woman not to comprehend and respond by moving on. Politely even, if she wants to keep her chances open later.

-Ev

But half the time Ev, I do that without having the intention of hustling in my mind, lol. I will plog down at the bar to get a shot/beer/cokw and have a smoke and see who's winning the game. I'm not hustling, I'm trying to relax for a few mins. And that's when the real me comes out. So if he tried that on me, I would be more offened than if he was in the stage area and said that. I am in "work mode" out there. I'm not always in work mode at the bar.

confession
12-15-2005, 07:41 AM
It wouldn't bother me. I hate small talk, it's so mundane. If I want to know the weather, i'll go outside. Although i did have a few regs who were interested in literature and it was very enjoyable talking to them--there was no ulterior motive of $$ like the small shit, just a mutual interest. But that happens rarely.

xdamage
12-15-2005, 08:11 AM
It wouldn't bother me. I hate small talk, it's so mundane. If I want to know the weather, i'll go outside.

Exactly ;) Same here. I find small talk utterly boring. If I sense some chemistry, I'll come get you. But to just sit there and make small time chit chat - yawn!

Lio
12-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Yep, I can't stand that boring small talk with the dancers. I would much rather sit here and type it out in front of my computer.

Katrine
12-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Damn you guys are whiney and bitchy lately. What the FUCK are we supposed to do? Some guys want the "fantasy" of being picked up, some want the grindage and results. We are sales people, and need to feel everyone out intially. Smalltalk is really the only way to do it besides "wanna dance." If you hate the small talk, either immediately dismiss the girl, or just tell her to start working it on the next song.

Small talk starts it all.....man ya'll are difficult. Luckily its all hot air, since you bitches instantly melt to my touch at work......I've never heard, "Oh that Kat, she sure has a great ass and can grind my dick like she's drilling for diamonds, but that small talk killed me!!!" ;)

mortalman
12-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I know it's a sales technque, the small talk I mean, but it doesn't seem as effective on me as it used to be. It was effective in my early formative years of visiting strip clubs, I remember some very nice dancers who chatted me up at my table and got to know me before we went for a dance. Now, it seems, I have usually decided on a dancer before she even talks to me (based either on her appearence or my knowledge of her mileage allowed). It always seems like the girls that want to sit and talk before they ask for a dance are the one's I have not planned on getting dances from. I have tried to let them know that I'm not interested by telling them I'm waiting for a specific dancer or that I'm not getting a dance till later, I don't want to waste their time.

Here is one such encounter:

Dancer: Hi, I'm Candy. Can I sit with you? (sits down)
Me: Well I'm waiting for Alexis...
Dancer: I haven't seen her tonight. I like her, she's hot.
Me: Yeah, she is. I'm waiting for her, she's in the vip right now.
Dancer: Oh, do you come here alot?
Me: (I'm starting to get annoyed so I switch to one word or short answers) Yep.
Dancer: Are you from out of town?
Me: No.
Dancer: So you live here?
Me: Yes.
Dancer: Are you from somewhere else origionally?
Me: Yeah.
Dancer: Oh really where is that?
Me: (Looking at girl on stage) California.
Dancer: Oh really, what part?
Me: Bay area.
Dancer: Really, why did you move here?
Me: Job
Dancer: Oh cool, you tranferred here for your job?
Me: Um Hmm.
Dancer: what?
Me: Yeah.
Dancer: Are you in the Military?
Me: No.
Dancer: Cause alot of guys in the military get tranferred here.
Me: (silence ... Crickets ... no response)
Dancer: Wow, you're a tough interview.
Me: yep
Dancer: all your answers are like one word. yep, nope, uh huh
Me: "shrugs shoulders"
Dancer: Well, you have good night.
Me: Thanks

I never did get a dance from this girl because she just didn't appeal to me.

mr_punk
12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
I know it's a sales technque, the small talk I mean, but it doesn't seem as effective on me as it used to be.what you described is the the best way to shut down a dancer who doesn't get immediately get the message that you're not interested (after turning her down the first time). some girls will sit there and hang around in the hopes that you may change your mind. best course of action? pretend the seat next to you is empty. eventually, she'll leave.

dlabtot
12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah it really sucks when you go to a strip club and strippers talk to you. That is such a hardship... I really feel for you....

yoda57us
12-19-2005, 05:29 PM
It's just conversation, what are you guys afraid of? Some guys bitch when they sit in a club with a grand in their pocket and no dancer comes near them, some guys bitch when two or three "Wanna Dance" types come over....What doeas it take to make you happy? Honestly, a strip club is a social environment. If all you want is a grind from your fav that's fine but it's completely beyond me how a dancer sitting down next to you can generate 41 posts. Just say no thank you.

Katrine
12-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Grow a pair!!!

Mortalman, in real life, your above posted conversation would last less than a minute, then the girl would figure the deal and leave. Sometimes the anchors will sit there and hog you because its their last remaining resort to attempt and catch business. That sucks, but you're still able to just cut her off and say shoo. Now, based on your above conversation Mortalman, I've been the girl on the other end plenty of times, and I'm most guys "type". I would figure it out by the time your hypothetical girl did that it wasn't going to be a match.

Now, would it REALLY ruin your night if a cute petite blonde chatted you up for a minute and didn't ask for a drink, who might not be your type, but who, sat with you for LESS THAN 60 FUCKING SECONDS???

I rest my case.....

doc-catfish
12-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Maybe to alleivate this problem of unwanted conversation with dancers, customers could use a color coded flag system to state their intentions so they could cut to the chase. For example:

Green - I'm ready for a dance now.

Red - No, I don't want a dance now.

Yellow - I came here to gawk for free.

Orange - You can go away now.

Blue - I need another drink.

Pink - I have drugs for sale.

Aqua - I'm about to splooge.

Brown - I can't afford the VIP room.

Purple - I wanna go OTC with you.

White - I am gullible and will belive all your sob stories.

Black - I'm here for the mileage.

Checkered - I'm here for BBBJNQNS.

Hurricane Flags - I'm here for BBBJNQNS and I know your rent is due tomorrow.

mortalman
12-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Grow a pair!!!

I'm trying, I'm trying (whimper... grunt!!)

Now, would it REALLY ruin your night if a cute petite blonde chatted you up for a minute and didn't ask for a drink, who might not be your type, but who, sat with you for LESS THAN 60 FUCKING SECONDS???

I rest my case.....

Actually she was a redhead, and not that cute...
I could go for the cute blonde or my preferred brunette, no niether would ruin my night.

bem401
06-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I tell them ASAP that I am here to see Dancer X but they are welcome to sit if they'd like. This way there is no pressure to do a dance from the girl and no self-imposed pressure because you already know she won't be getting a dance and you don't want to feel like you are making her waste her time trying to get one.

dippidy dave
06-03-2006, 05:56 PM
most of the dancers at my bar know who i'll buy drinks & bs with so i usually don't have to much of a problem with some bimbo plopping down beside me & wanting to chat about crap i don't care about & expecting me to buy them the most expensive drink the bar has to offer. some still stop by & say hi every time i come in, i guess they're just waiting for me to get tired of my atf. i'd probly buy katrine a drink & if she sat to my left she could talk to me all night, i don't hear very good out of my left ear.